Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 hours ago, brucey said:

Wait I'm confused, according to the Copium addicts at Elland Road we were uniquely obsessed with them? Why are two more teams singing about Leeds blowing it? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

How many teams is it he supports now?

There was Wrexham, obviously. He has been reported as also being one of Ipswich’s celebrity fans - wearing the shirts of both in photo ops. 

And now Leeds. 

Sleeping giant is such a meaningless phrase. Leeds, like many others, are a big club who had successful periods mixed in with decline and stagnation. If they were a giant they would be a top six regular and winning trophies consistently.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Sleeping giant is such a meaningless phrase. Leeds, like many others, are a big club who had successful periods mixed in with decline and stagnation. If they were a giant they would be a top six regular and winning trophies consistently.

Less giant,  more media darlings.

Edited by JimmyC74

Posted (edited)

It's great seeing Leeds fan tv and just Joe on YouTube having a total meltdown and I thought I was a bit of of a whinger

So good luck(or not) to the 'best team in the league' in the playoffs your going to need it. Reckon Norwich will.do it

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

It's great seeing Leeds fan tv and just Joe on YouTube having a total meltdown and I thought I was a bit of of a whinger

So good luck(or not) to the 'best team in the league' in the playoffs your going to need it. Reckon Norwich will.do it

I think you are right. Budgies or Baggies for my money.

22 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

A West Brom vs Norwich final is the stuff of dreams.

It is. Not least because either one of them takes up one of the relegation spots.

The wobbly form of most of the teams in it does make these play offs really interesting.

I think Norwich are probably a good side for Leeds. They never really low blocked us and that made things much easier. They have quality there to punish though so may well depend on what sort of advantage they can muster to take to Elland Rd.

I think Southampton have the quality to beat West Brom comfortably but Corberan is the better manager so will be interesting to see what he comes up with. 

Sadly I do think it will be one of Southampton or Leeds who goes up.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure there were better changing rooms at my school 10+ years ago comapred to these at Leeds

Is that really their dressing room? Looks like our old school PE portakabin lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Corky said:

It is like every club up and down the country always using the line "We are back where we belong" 

No club belongs anywhere. It is all on merit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It is like every club up and down the country always using the line "We are back where we belong" 

No club belongs anywhere. It is all on merit. 

And not on past glories.

6 hours ago, Corky said:

Dead giant.....

Sunderland only ended up finishing 6 points ahead of the relegation zone. Could be in trouble next season if they don't select the right manager or invest.

I keep seeing stuff on Facebook where some Leeds fan has posted something about Leicester and most of the comments below are about Leeds living rent free in our heads:tumbleweed:

They really have developed an obsession  dipped in delicious irony, just wondering how long they are going to keep going on about us being obsessed with them before they move on.

• Like 1

Ipswich having a bus parade monday. I mean really! Come on! I get they and their fans are happy about promotion but a bus parade just because you got in the Premier League. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1