Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

On 04/05/2024 at 14:38, The Doctor said:

@Pub breath how we doing, from six points clear at the end of August to 7 clear at the end of the season. Must be gutting to lose the "best team since August" trophy like that

lol no posts since 4th April. Completely bottled it. Didn't somebody on here bet him as well?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

given the players they brought in i aint surprised he got the boot, hes a decent head coach tho imo,

fully expect Hull to bring in a turkish manager/head coach now

Tim Walter is a target for them.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Leeds would have been top of that table, but they still had some fans on holiday in August and a few season tickets didn’t arrive on time leading to lower attendances earlier on in the season. 
Once everyone returned from the holidays and the ticket office issues were resolved they were the highest attendance in the league.

They did then have a few issues with weather and getting fans to games as some of the streets leading to Ellend Road fell apart, meaning they couldn’t quite sell out.

Bit if you measure attendance from the middle of September to the middle of May, they are 100% the best in the league. 

You joke but they do have an excuse for it, albeit not anything like as elaborate as above, but they do blame it on away fans not selling out.

But in the next breath it’s Leeds are everyone’s cup final this and everyone looks for Leeds on the fixture list that so getting conflicting messages to be fair. Surely travelling fans wouldn’t pass up attending their cup final :dunno:

• Like 1

Norwich fan for the day (and next weeks leg), Gone the whole hog and married my cousin for authenticity. 
Not sure Norwich will do it, neat and tidy but not as dangerous looking, but if Leeds get any momentum or a lead they could steamroller them particularly at home. If Norwich could somehow get a 2-0 lead though I can easily see Leeds falling apart (again). 

• Haha 2

A bit of a drab match, so far.

Which club has been the most  'yo-yo' one in the game's history in this country (up and down a league consecutively)?

I reckon it's Leeds the most.

Just now, Wymsey said:

A bit of a drab match, so far.

Which club has been the most  'yo-yo' one in the game's history in this country (up and down a league consecutively)?

I reckon it's Leeds the most.

Isn't it us? Or WBA?

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2024 at 23:08, FrankieADZ said:

thought Cov sold out most weeks:ph34r:

😂 They put up a "RECORD HOME ATTENDANCE" on the big screen because they managed 30k thanks to Leeds bumping it up by 5.500

Would be more like 60% without the help of that massive allocation they give. 

Seeing their support called class every week now makes me laugh. They've had ****ing abysmal support for decades. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 1

Rutter in over Szmodics is a joke. Also don't agree with Ruddy and you could argue Whittaker is unlucky to not get in over Fatawu but Abdul has been good for a good chunk of the season. 

IMG-20240513-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Rutter in over Szmodics is a joke. Also don't agree with Ruddy and you could argue Whittaker is unlucky to not get in over Fatawu but Abdul has been good for a good chunk of the season. 

IMG-20240513-WA0000.jpg

im with you there, how Szmodics isnt in team of the season is a joke and how he didnt win player of the season in the championship is a joke as well

dont get me wrong all had a case to win it, but Szmodics kept Blackburn up, think the EFL loves a leeds love in

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

IMG-20240513-WA0000.jpg

You can tell I've been looking at buying compooter parts for too long, when I read HOEDT as meaning 'Ho-End DeskTop' (compooter) :P 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Screenshot_20240512-132124.png

Look at the enthusiasm of this Leeds fan on a live stream...must be a cracking game. 

Hahahahahahahahaha

whats worse he was still saying Leeds should have had a penalty for that foul on Gnonto, even tho the foul happened outside the box:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

IMG-20240513-WA0000.jpg

Is that an actual joke lol lol

I'm more pissed off for the Blackburn fans expecting Szmodics in there. How can you score that many goals and not be in the TOTS? 

• Like 1

Not seen him but heard that Greaves is supposed to be decent but how can you only have only 1 defender/keeper from all the better sides of the league. Assuming it's based on stats because they've been busier. 

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

😂 They put up a "RECORD HOME ATTENDANCE" on the big screen because they managed 30k thanks to Leeds bumping it up by 5.500

Would be more like 60% without the help of that massive allocation they give. 

Seeing their support called class every week now makes me laugh. They've had ****ing abysmal support for decades. 

Leeds was only allocated 2500