Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

You weren't on your own - it was a common theme.  Good to see its already started on social media for next year.

I can see you being like us last time we went up. You'll play well but the results won't necessarily reflect it and then you'll pick up results later in the season to stay up. McKenna seems to have the squad togetherness than Nigel Pearson created here

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I can see you being like us last time we went up. You'll play well but the results won't necessarily reflect it and then you'll pick up results later in the season to stay up. McKenna seems to have the squad togetherness than Nigel Pearson created here

I said it this season, just to stay up would be a bonus, so I'll repeat that.  You're right, we don't have the stand out players of some clubs in the championship, but there is a real sense of togetherness that counts for so much.. Hopefully we both do well next season

2 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

I said it this season, just to stay up would be a bonus, so I'll repeat that.  You're right, we don't have the stand out players of some clubs in the championship, but there is a real sense of togetherness that counts for so much.. Hopefully we both do well next season

Are you drunk?

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

So pleased for Ipswich. Come on Norwich! Make it happen!!

Leeds can rot in the championship for a bit. Maybe we can pick up a few bargains from them.

They will be favourites for the playoffs and there's no way we can afford any of their better players they may have to sell if they stay down. We're shopping in the equivalent of Poundland for the foreseeable future.

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been said already, but after hearing this I was happy to lose today:

John Eustace was sacked as manager of Birmingham when they were 5th, and today he as good as relegated them as manager of Blackburn. Fair play.

Btw, how good was it today that Rick Parry got roundly booed. willy puller!

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

They will be favourites for the playoffs and there's no way we can afford any of their better players they may have to sell if they stay down. We're shopping in the equivalent of Poundland for the foreseeable future.

Favourites mean nothing in the playoffs 

27 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

I wish but I don't drink

When you talk about stand out players in the division how many people said that at the start of the season?

For context Ipswich just got promoted with a squad worth 50m ours is valued at 211m the highest in the division 

So so happy for Ipswich. @liz@Lizzibee congrats to you and all the town fans. I'm almost as happy for you as I am for us. The perfect season for me with City going up along with my adopted second team. Willing us both to stop up next year, although I fear we are doomed. Ipswich if they can keep McKenna have a good shot at it I'd say.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Fair play to Sheffield Wednesday's manager, especially given how much they were struggling when he first arrived there.

Done a remarkable job 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Fair play to Sheffield Wednesday's manager, especially given how much they were struggling when he first arrived there.

If Enzo walked I'd get Rohl in. Guy's a shagger

• Like 1

Quite sad to wave goodbye to the Championship but with success in the Championship brings promotion and we'd have been fuming had we not been promoted.

Most people I've spoke to say similar.

Back to the circus of the PL.

Championship > PL.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

ours is valued at 211m the highest in the division 

I think that may have dropped based on the awful performances this calendar year.