Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League One & Two - 2023-2024 Season

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A bit disappointing that they didn't sell more tickets for it considering it's a local derby.

If LCFC played Coventry/Derby/Forest, in the third tier, am sure that there'd have been around at least 24,000/25,000 there.

Wow, just popped on the 5 mins before half time and that was a surprise. Grim..real grim. Looks a dying club to me, though they don't yet know it. 

I suspect Derby will go they way of other old traditional football names; Preston, Blackpool, Huddersfield. Might bum the occasional season in the top flight once every 30 or 40 years but apart from that, that's about it. 

On 15/01/2024 at 21:28, Paninistickers said:

There is absolutely no way we were this bleak in league one. 

They look horrendous, irrespective of the final scoreline. 

We were never in the poor position Derby were/are.

Their first season in League One was just a collection of older players nobody else wanted.

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We were never in the poor position Derby were/are.

Their first season in League One was just a collection of older players nobody else wanted.

Fair enough. We were a championship team who'd contrived to get into league one (sounds very familiar to now, albeit a level higher) whereas they were bankrupt I suppose. 

The club looks broken though. Their dear lovers forest have moved on. We are in every sense on a other planet, team, fanbase, profile, finance.  Their profile outside of Derry is literally non existent. Kids today wouldn't differentiate them from Blackpool or Plymouth or even a Port Vale. The world has moved on and hopefully left them behind. 

Edit; even autocorrect prioritises ,Derry' over Derby hahab

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Haha 3

On 16/01/2024 at 11:28, RonnieTodger said:

Have Derby adopted our shitty goal music? 

Came here to see if anyone else heard. Physically cringed watching the highlights today, those poor sods really are suckers for punishment. lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Fair enough. We were a championship team who'd contrived to get into league one (sounds very familiar to now, albeit a level higher) whereas they were bankrupt I suppose. 

The club looks broken though. Their dear lovers forest have moved on. We are in every sense on a other planet, team, fanbase, profile, finance.  Their profile outside of Derry is literally non existent. Kids today wouldn't differentiate them from Blackpool or Plymouth or even a Port Vale. The world has moved on and hopefully left them behind. 

Edit; even autocorrect prioritises ,Derry' over Derby hahab

I imagine if we somehow failed to get promoted this season that we wouldn't be far off being the next team to be in that kind of trouble. With our loans we must be pretty reliant on going straight back up this season.

• Like 1