Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

34 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The lure would have been, he looked at what Drinkwater did, who ended up winning an EPL title with the club and was a EPL regular for us until sold.

Better than rotting in the Spurs reserves.

Even though we in the championship this season we probably still more likely to win another trophy before Spurs do.

Rochdale have a better chance too 😂

• Haha 1

Tomorrow it is then.  The loan with Sampdoria officially finishes tonight and our wage bill presumably drops by Millions with immediate effect?

Edited by mozartfox

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Tomorrow it is then.  The loan with Sampdoria officially finishes tonight and our wage bill presumably drops by Millions with immediate effect?

Presumably signings will be announced to promote the new kit going on sale. Pretty smart tbf. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Both part of Sampdoria's worst ever season 🤔

We brought Harry Maguire from a relegated side then sold him for £80 million. Stop thinking so one dimensionly negative. They could have some good individual quality away from Sampdoria. 

Non of us know anything about them, we needed change and this is the change we're getting. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

We brought Harry Maguire from a relegated side then sold him for £80 million. Stop thinking so one dimensionly negative. They could have some good individual quality away from Sampdoria. 

Non of us know anything about them, we needed change and this is the change we're getting. 

Funny. Nobody appears to think Spurs buying Maddison from a relegated club is a negative 

• Like 1

I’ll ask one more time (with a due sense of dread).

Does ANYONE actually know what Winks is like these days? 
There’s a lot of ‘he’s Premiership quality’ being written on here which makes me think two things:

1. A lot of posters called our players ‘Premiership quality’ last season, when many of them clearly weren’t.

2. I don’t think Winks has played for ages. I’ve not seen him anywhere near the Spuds first team in a long time. Are we signing another Jack Wilshere for instance?

Does….anyone…. know…?

Edited by Col city fan

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There’s a lot of ‘he’s Premiership quality’ being written on here which makes me think two things:

1. A lot of posters called our players ‘Premiership quality’ last season, when many of them clearly weren’t.

2. I don’t think Winks has played for ages. I’ve not seen him anywhere near the Spuds first team in a long time. Are we signing another Jack Wilshere for instance?

Does….anyone…. know…?

I prefer not to spaaaake

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does….anyone…. know…?

He was on loan at Sampdoria in Italy last season

Was injured for the first half of the season, had an operation which pretty much fixed the issue, then started in about 20 league games in a row for them where he played the full 90 in most of them

Then had another minor operation in May to fix the issue completely

Honestly not a clue what he is like these days really, he was apparently alright at Sampdoria even though they got relegated

I have seen Spurs fans saying he will be good for us though, which I is a good thing as usually when you sign other teams players you get their fans coming out saying "oh he is shit" etc.

I think we will either see him in a 2 with KDH if we go with a back 5 or as a 6 behind KDH and another more creative midfielder if we go with a back 4

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

My spurs mad nephews say he’ll do very well here 

You’d think that I’d the coach wasn’t interested then he’d have stopped the deal proceeding - pep was keen on the player a few years ago 

I think it’s down to his mentality and wanting to prove a point. 

• Like 1