Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

One thing we can all agree on, the lad is an absolute dreamboat.

My daughter is 9, has absolutely no idea who he is and told me earlier that Winks is now her favourite Leicester player...before he's even signed. 

After what happened last season, he’s mine, too! 😞

• Haha 3

My biggest concern for winks will be the physicality in the championship. 

With a recurring ankle injury it concerns me whether it will hold up playing twice a week. 

In addition he hasn't played in the championship so we don't know if he will be quality. 

5 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

My biggest concern for winks will be the physicality in the championship. 

With a recurring ankle injury it concerns me whether it will hold up playing twice a week. 

In addition he hasn't played in the championship so we don't know if he will be quality. 

He had an op at the start of last season before he moved to Sampdoria to sort it out. Appears to have been fine since.

Until he trips over walking in to Seagrave, obviously…

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, stu said:

He had an op at the start of last season before he moved to Sampdoria to sort it out. Appears to have been fine since.

Until he trips over walking in to Seagrave, obviously…

Hope he’s the new Maddison on the field but not the same on the Physio table 😉

Sounds like we'll get the best out of him at an 8 and not the DM (assuming we play a midfield 3). If that's the case not sure where he and KDH fit in together in the team as between them I can't see a lot of goals or real creativity.

Having seen some videos of Winks in action I think he looks an excellent signing. Reminds me very much of Matty James (a more mobile version, too) who has always killed it at this level. Could go on to be the absolute fulcrum in midfield that Tielemans was (when he could be bothered) at the level above. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I think we might look at KDH behind the 2 8s , and it'll be Winks and possibly Soumare in front of him

Possibly. Winks will be a massive level up in possession than KDH and Ndidi. Can just get a bit exposed defensively but should be good enough in that part of his game at championship level.

If Ndidi goes I could still see him being played as the pivot and the focalpoint of the side that Maresca then builds the team around as he suits his brand of football so we'll.

People forget Man City apparently almost bid him for 40million in 2020 when he was in form before going for Phillips.

Top draw signing at our level in my opinion!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Having seen some videos of Winks in action I think he looks an excellent signing. Reminds me very much of Matty James (a more mobile version, too) who has always killed it at this level. Could go on to be the absolute fulcrum in midfield that Tielemans was (when he could be bothered) at the level above. 

Was exactly who I started thinking of when I wondered where he would fit in. 

• Like 2

We definitely need to be better at holding the ball in the middle of the park, especially now Maddison has gone. Winks will provide that and we have some steel around him in the form of KDH (and Hamza as backup). Now we need a proper DM and creativity in the middle of the park and out wide.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I think we might look at KDH behind the 2 8s , and it'll be Winks and possibly Soumare in front of him

You'd put Winks behind KDH not the other way around. 

KDH is not by any means a holding midfielder. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Sounds like we'll get the best out of him at an 8 and not the DM (assuming we play a midfield 3). If that's the case not sure where he and KDH fit in together in the team as between them I can't see a lot of goals or real creativity.

Single pivot 2 8s?

KDH Winks

DM

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Single pivot 2 8s?

KDH Winks

DM

If we are actually playing 3 at the back, you probably don't need the most aggressive ball winning midfielder in the world protecting them. 

Something like 

Steffen 

JJ, Souttar, Coady, Faes, VK

Winks

Soumare, KDH 

Daka, Iheanacho

If you've got concerns about pace in that back three, you could have JJ at RCB and Ricardo at RWB. 

Obviously we don't know if a few of those are being sold yet, particularly Soumare and the strikers but you get the point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Single pivot 2 8s?

KDH Winks

DM

Is how he might play it, problem is I can't see much more than say 5 goals a season from those 3. Unless KDH can sort his finishing out. We've lost a lot of goals in Maddison and Tielemans was good for a goal (sometimes!) so just feels like we need a goal threat from midfield this season particularly in those tight games we'll inevitably get.

Just now, brookfox said:

Is how he might play it, problem is I can't see much more than say 5 goals a season from those 3. Unless KDH can sort his finishing out. We've lost a lot of goals in Maddison and Tielemans was good for a goal (sometimes!) so just feels like we need a goal threat from midfield this season particularly in those tight games we'll inevitably get.

But we shouldn't actually have been as reliant on goals from midfield as we were. The flip side is that we were creating criminally few chances for our strikers over the last eighteen odd months. 

If the team collectively can create more for whoever we end up starting up front then we don't need the bangers from Madders and Youri.