Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

not sure he would fancy dropping to the championship to be honest. 

Played in Serie B last season for Sampdoria could see him interested as he would be the standout player for us in midfield.

Him and Tom Cairney would be great at this level.

• Haha 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Played in Serie B last season for Sampdoria could see him interested as he would be the standout player for us in midfield.

Sampdoria were in Serie A last season, finished bottom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Sampdoria were in Serie A last season ? 

Yeah i would definitely take him as he is a decent player. 

Not a fashionable name but I think this could be a great signing.

Very similar style of play to Matty James who was immense last time we were at this level. Winks is probably better n'all.

We absolutely need ball players in the middle of the park, this would be a good start.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Sampdoria were in Serie A last season, finished bottom.

Oops I had a made there, thanks Wiki lol  But he’s a really good player I think he’s on par or slightly better than Cairney imo.

2 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Nothing player for me. Would much prefer someone like Tanganga or Rodon

It’s easy to forget he’s been capped 10 times for England. I think he’s a good player probably not top 10 standard in the premier league anymore but at this level he would be comfortably be one of the best midfielders at this level.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'd rather trust Braybrooke, looks as though he's already more progressive with the ball.

We need experience plus youth the likes of Braybrooke plus Winks / Cairney will help us for the championship campaign and beyond , we are replacing the likes of Maddison / Tielemans etc.

What are people basing "he'll be a great player in the Championship" on? Because of a few decent games at Spurs? Everybody talks about that one performance against Madrid.

He's a nothing type player to me, who will probably want a big wage, and we're only linked because Spurs are trying to use him to get Maddison and/or Barnes.

• Like 2

Just now, Happy Fox said:

We need experience plus youth the likes of Braybrooke plus Winks / Cairney will help us for the championship campaign and beyond , we are replacing the likes of Maddison / Tielemans etc.

Winks is a pretty ordinary player, he's 27 and only started 92 league games so he's not even experienced really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Winks is a pretty ordinary player, he's 27 and only started 92 league games so he's not even experienced really.

He’s played 200 plus times in his career been capped 10 times for England.

I think that’s a bit short sighted to say he’s pretty ordinary yeah you maybe right at premier league level but we are in the championship and at this level he will be one of the best players imo.

• Like 2