Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Stating the obvious, the quickest way out of this mess we find ourselves in (and the mostly costly) is to cut our fee expectations and write off some assets completely. Otherwise, we are going to continue having to pay out wages on deadwood for the next 2 years.

I do believe we have some of our assets that are frankly unsellable.  The Recruitment errors of Rudkin, Rodgers and Congereel are quite remarkable.

Players like Praet, Castagne and Soumaré have been used to getting 3 or 4 million a year so are going to be highly unimpressed with clubs offering them less than half that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Players like Praet, Castagne and Soumaré have been used to getting 3 or 4 million a year so are going to be highly unimpressed with clubs offering them less than half that.

It’s a contractual reduction and a situation they helped create, so couldn’t give a toss how they feel. Their agents should be making it happen if they are unhappy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s a contractual reduction and a situation they helped create, so couldn’t give a toss how they feel. Their agents should be making it happen if they are unhappy.

We still do not know the level of pay reduction but even if its 30% they will still be highly paid and given that they are not exactly desirable players , very few clubs will offer them £3 million a year. Financially it works better for them to see out their contracts.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We still do not know the level of pay reduction but even if its 30% they will still be highly paid and given that they are not exactly desirable players , very few clubs will offer them £3 million a year. Financially it works better for them to see out their contracts.

Depends if they want to play at a higher level for international reasons too, it's just to many unknowns to lose any sleep over. 

2 hours ago, TommyK said:

How is Castagne not a hugely sellable asset? He's a international, regular starter in the PL the past 2 years. Prime age. 

Where is the queue?  Shocking as it is, we agreed to pay him some ridiculous salary.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Unlikely to be financially worse off as individuals. We will likely have to ‘bridge’ any wage reduction for the outstanding period of their contract. 

Ie if Kelechi is on £70k here, Forest sign him and pay him £50k, we would have to still keep paying him £20k for the outstanding year of his Leicester contract. Either that or agree a big chunk pay off 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Hopefully the 30-50% wage reductions as a result of relegation will mean players and clubs are more open to moves as wages will not be as big a stumbling block 

Last season many thought they were on a cushy number and comfortable to hang around  whilst clubs were reluctant to match deals,  Players who were on £75k a week wouldn’t necessarily drop to £45 or £50k per week but now if they are on £37.5k that move looks a whole lot more appealing. I think as long as we are realistic with our valuations (big if I hasten to add) then actually moving on the players should be a lot easier this season than last. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Unlikely to be financially worse off as individuals. We will likely have to ‘bridge’ any wage reduction for the outstanding period of their contract. 

Ie if Kelechi is on £70k here, Forest sign him and pay him £50k, we would have to still keep paying him £20k for the outstanding year of his Leicester contract. Either that or agree a big chunk pay off 

But kel won’t be on 70k after his relegation reduction ??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Depends how keen they are to move. They can't be the buyer and the fcukin seller here. E.G Castagne has told his agent to get him out the door ASAP, if he's on £65k a week here and Juventus offer us an acceptable fee but only £50k, the ball may well be in his court as to whether he waives that or not and risk not leaving and putting up with egg and beans every day.

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Maybe they should watch a highlights real

and be made to explain why they should be paid when they can’t even do the basics properly.  So Soumare could you explain why you didn’t bother to run and tackle the player walking 1 metre away from you? 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But kel won’t be on 70k after his relegation reduction ??

I don’t know what Kel is on.

I just used an arbitrary figure to illustrate how we’d be expected to ‘top up’ or bridge the wage when his contract would run to at LCFC

Edited by CosbehFox

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Depends how keen they are to move. They can't be the buyer and the fcukin seller here. E.G Castagne has told his agent to get him out the door ASAP, if he's on £65k a week here and Juventus offer us an acceptable fee but only £50k, the ball may well be in his court as to whether he waives that or not and risk not leaving and putting up with egg and beans every day.

That’s up to the individual player but they can’t lose financially is my point regardless if they stay at LCFC or move on. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

I don’t know what Kel is on.

I just used an arbitrary figure to illustrate how we’d be expected to ‘top up’ or bridge when his contract would run to at LCFC

He won’t be offered less than his reduced salary here 

I think the only player who would be affected by this issue is vardy (new salary 70k) and possibly vestergaard who will struggle to get a 50k contract elsewhere 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He won’t be offered less than his reduced salary here 

I think the only player who would be affected by this issue is vardy (new salary 70k) and possibly vestergaard who will struggle to get a 50k contract elsewhere 

He probably won’t. I was using an example of a final year contract player to illustrate the point that regardless if they stay at LCFC or move on - financially the players won’t lose out.

An Sionnach suggested it would work better for the players at LCFC to see out of their contracts. Reality is they can’t lose out because if they were paid less than existing lcfc contracts, they’d still get a sum to make it up to their lcfc contract for the duration of or have an enormous loyalty bonus/settlement. 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

He probably won’t. I was using an example of a final year contract player to illustrate the point that regardless if they stay at LCFC or move on - financially the players won’t lose out.

An Sionnach suggested it would work better for the players at LCFC to see out of their contracts. Reality is they can’t lose out because if they were paid less than existing lcfc contracts, they’d still get a sum to make it up to their lcfc contract or have an enormous loyalty bonus/settlement. 

Usually but I wonder if relegation clauses may be valid that changes that. As I’ve mused before, we may have agreed to pay excessive PL wages in return for less than generous relegation clauses for players.   (Although you’d hardly think that the players looked that bothered to be relegated given their effort over the season!) 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If his agent has agreed personal terms with juve and the player wants to go to Turin then there’s no queue because there’s no point 

Needs to change his agent. Negotiations with a Club that have no intention of paying what the selling Club requires is, indeed pointless. 

• Like 1

Too heavily and wrongly criticised on this forum…a damn good player..

The way FT Poster have the audacity to go over the top demeans this forum..

SepSmith,Chandler,Rowley,Weller,Glover,Gibson,Worthington,Whitworth,Lineker,

Mahrez,Kante and Vardy, just to mention a few…would never got started if these dozos were managers…

keeping Castagna ,Faes,Praet,would be a fillip for the club,if they stayed..

Edit So missed out an L..just to annoy some..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4