Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

Arsenal got £21m for a 30yr old Xhaxa who only had 1yr left on his contract & we struggling to get £8m for a 27yr old Belgium International regular with 2yrs left on his contract & a market value of €25 - 35m :blink:

• Like 3

Spotted getting out of a black cab at the entrance to Seagrave. Arguing with the cabbie as he'd promised to pay the mandatory fare on the meter at the end of the journey, but he now wants to pay a reduced fare as he wasn't happy with the quality of the journey. 

I’m fairness, we can lose a fullback.

Like all of our Belgiums, flattered to deceive and fold under pressure when the going gets tough.

€8,000,000 is rough though.

He’s a steady backup utility player. 

Just imagine if we’d paid that but more and got Gosens. 

19 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m fairness, we can lose a fullback.

Like all of our Belgiums, flattered to deceive and fold under pressure when the going gets tough.

€8,000,000 is rough though.

He’s a steady backup utility player. 

Just imagine if we’d paid that but more and got Gosens. 

Where has this €8m figure come from? 

Previous reports seemed to suggest we are after €15m. And Juve didn’t want to pay that much…

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Arsenal got £21m for a 30yr old Xhaxa who only had 1yr left on his contract & we struggling to get £8m for a 27yr old Belgium International regular with 2yrs left on his contract & a market value of €25 - 35m :blink:

That's because he really isn't very good and nobody else wants him.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We have gone from hard bargainers to a place where you can get cheap deals if you are patient. Or maybe if you are extra patient you can get something for nothing.

We’ve also gone from a well off club in the top 8 of the prem to relegated and strapped for cash in the last few years. It’s really not hard to join the dots. It is what it is, another chapter closes, another one opens.

Did that fellow from Juve rock up and make an offer to Rudders he could not refuse?  All gone very quiet.  Timmy must be back now?

Just now, mozartfox said:

Did that fellow from Juve rock up and make an offer to Rudders he could not refuse?  All gone very quiet.  Timmy must be back now?

Castagne and Faes seem to have vanished 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

They'll be back this week and we'll get a social media post saying "The Belgians are back!" with a heart eye emoji whilst their agents are working overtime to get them out of Seagrave at the earliest opportunity.  

We have actually sold a player this summer and that is becoming a rarity. We want too much money , our players want too much money or perhaps nobody really wants them anyway. Whatever , our income from player sales is becoming very little indeed. Our so called business plan is dead in the water. We have one potentially valuable asset , Barnes , but if nobody will pay us or him for his services , he stays and will be worth a great deal less in a years time.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

We have actually sold a player this summer and that is becoming a rarity. We want too much money , our players want too much money or perhaps nobody really wants them anyway. Whatever , our income from player sales is becoming very little indeed. Our so called business plan is dead in the water. We have one potentially valuable asset , Barnes , but if nobody will pay us or him for his services , he stays and will be worth a great deal less in a years time.

I disagree.  I’d love to keep Barnes - he’s worth more to us as a player this year than whatever we could get for £35 million if we sell him.  Sadly I’m sure he’s going. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Qwerty said:

I disagree.  I’d love to keep Barnes - he’s worth more to us as a player this year than whatever we could get for £35 million if we sell him.  Sadly I’m sure he’s going. 

21 hours ago, Qwerty said:

It looks that way. Me thinks we are not going to have an easy ride in the Championship

Stating the obvious, the quickest way out of this mess we find ourselves in (and the mostly costly) is to cut our fee expectations and write off some assets completely. Otherwise, we are going to continue having to pay out wages on deadwood for the next 2 years.

I do believe we have some of our assets that are frankly unsellable.  The Recruitment errors of Rudkin, Rodgers and Congereel are quite remarkable.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Stating the obvious, the quickest way out of this mess we find ourselves in (and the mostly costly) is to cut our fee expectations and write off some assets completely. Otherwise, we are going to continue having to pay out wages on deadwood for the next 2 years.

I do believe we have some of our assets that are frankly unsellable.  The Recruitment errors of Rudkin, Rodgers and Congereel are quite remarkable.

How is Castagne not a hugely sellable asset? He's a international, regular starter in the PL the past 2 years. Prime age.