Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Every top club is deep in debt , its our income from gate money, TV and commercial business that concerns me. That is going to drop substantially.

Don't see gate money reducing significantly, we have sold out season tickets again and should we start well plenty will want to attend. Won't sell out every game but an average of 28/29k wouldn't be a surprise.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Don't see gate money reducing significantly, we have sold out season tickets again and should we start well plenty will want to attend. Won't sell out every game but an average of 28/29k wouldn't be a surprise.

Corporate receipts will be heavily reduced I think which is probably more impactful

8 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Fair enough. 

What's our expected wage bill for this season? 65m or so at a guess. So the player sales so far only cover that, give or take. Parachute money is spent, no matter whether the semantics are factoring / loan / bridging finance. So that ain't paying the wages. 

In summary you all have more faith in KP than I do right now. The clues for financial difficulty have been there for 4 or 5 years, starting with the insatiable need for instant cash with these Macquarie deals. Its a red flag. The stadium expansion mothballed. Last summer's transfer fiasco. The wage to turnover %. The panicked window dressing by converting debt to equity last season. 

I think the club are gambling at the moment and carrying on as if we still are a PL club. Faking it til they make it. It's risky. But classic KP. They didn't make billions from flogging fags and Gin at Bangkok airport 

All of the parachute money is not “spent”. We are paying back a loan, as per the agreement in stages.

Whilst clearly a substantial amount will need to be paid back. We are not having to hand over £50/£60/£100m to them like people are suggesting.

The majority of the loans are repayable over 2-5 years. So it could be we are “only” paying back £10-£20m.

D4B0613A-78B6-44BC-B2D7-3058EDE8A5BF.thumb.jpeg.c66d5df15bca1655a18d45fcb41358bf.jpeg

I should clarify I’m talking purely about loans, clearly it’s spent on other running costs.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

On 20/07/2023 at 19:45, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Please explain the evidence as to how?

The club have made a profit of £54,000,000 on player turnover after the Barnes sale. 

After a bit of guesswork on incoming wages (Coady and Winks £40k, Hernansen £25k, Doyle £3.5k) our profit on yearly wages comes to around £32,474,000.

If you add the profit on player turnover and amount saved on wages gives you around £86,474,000.

Can post the full breakdown on how I’ve got to those figures if you want.

...throw in 55% of the Parachute payment, we are not looking too bad!!!

• Like 1

On 21/07/2023 at 12:23, Stadt said:

Corporate receipts will be heavily reduced I think which is probably more impactful

Bizarrely I contacted them about corporate stuff and they replied and told me they’d sold out for the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Bizarrely I contacted them about corporate stuff and they replied and told me they’d sold out for the season. 

I don’t believe they are having any issues with corporate sales - dropped prices by 10% or so and an extra 4 games - seems strange that people will pay so much to watch Rotherham but seems to be the case 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I don’t believe they are having any issues with corporate sales - dropped prices by 10% or so and an extra 4 games - seems strange that people will pay so much to watch Rotherham but seems to be the case 

Yes, exactly. 

I guess most people expect to see us win lots of games. 

The real test will be next season, if we don’t. 

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

well Kenny Tete played for them at RB, and Robinson was LB

i could see TC going Fulham still

Tete was a right back? I chuffin knew it. That’s Mike Bassett management right there..

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Castagne was one of those players who apparently wanted to leave but have changed their minds after working with Maresca for a few weeks.

Where did you hear about this? Not seen it mentioned.

1 minute ago, ChrisFilter said:

Where did you hear about this? Not seen it mentioned.

Check out the 'Tactics under Maresca' thread in the main forum. Apparently in the latest Radio Leicester podcast Guillem Balague was saying that some players who wanted out have now decided they want to stay and work with Maresca...

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Check out the 'Tactics under Maresca' thread in the main forum. Apparently in the latest Radio Leicester podcast Guillem Balague was saying that some players who wanted out have now decided they want to stay and work with Maresca...

I wonder if the club have offered some payers who want to leave a repayment of a big chunk of their relegation loss in wages if we  bounce straight back ??

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if the club have offered some payers who want to leave a repayment of a big chunk of their relegation loss in wages if we  bounce straight back ??

Not sure they have a relegation loss in wages, are we? Seems to be conflicting stories on this. 

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure they have a relegation loss in wages, are we? Seems to be conflicting stories on this. 

I think it’s standard in PL contracts 

but if I was an agent I would insist on a relegation release clause in return. As I mused some time ago, players may have these but they may be set quite high as a quid pro quo for the high wages we were paying 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Nice - thanks. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Gotta love the press making out he’s a sicknote 

“The only issue with the 27 year old is a slight history of injuries, but he did manage to start 36 Premier League games last season, and Juve will be hoping that he has overcome any problems.”

Do they realise that means from their workings out he only missed just 2 starts which would suggest he’s over any “problems” the nuggets