Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

A combined £30 for Ndidi and Castagne would be an absolutely sensational bit of business. 

Maybe, but 18 months ago we'd have wanted double that, and we'd have mocked fulham and forest fans for amy interest in these 2. Puts in to perspective the demise of the club. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Maybe, but 18 months ago we'd have wanted double that, and we'd have mocked fulham and forest fans for amy interest in these 2. Puts in to perspective the demise of the club. 

I think it also puts in perspective the demise of both those players, in fairness.

That said, I'd have said 15m was probably fair for Castagne this time last year, too. And doesn't Wilf only have a year left now?

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

https://x.com/theathleticfc/status/1696147878815686872?s=46&t=ltYtxm7awN8P7IWiI9avng

Timothy Castagne is having his Fulham medical today ahead of his proposed transfer from Leicester City.

More from @peterrutzler ⬇️

#FFC | #LCFC

£12.5 million plus add on’s.

Edited by stu
Adding the price from the article
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, stu said:

https://x.com/theathleticfc/status/1696147878815686872?s=46&t=ltYtxm7awN8P7IWiI9avng

Timothy Castagne is having his Fulham medical today ahead of his proposed transfer from Leicester City.

More from @peterrutzler ⬇️

#FFC | #LCFC

£12.5 million plus add on’s.

Would have preferred a few million more but hopefully the add-ons will kick in next summer for us. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

Would have preferred a few million more but hopefully the add-ons will kick in next summer for us. 

What are add ons going to be for Fulham? Hopefully straightforward appearances as they aren't winning anything and i think they will be struggling over the next few seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

(Perhaps overly optimistic) confidence in Maresca and a realistic view of what makes a mid-table Premier League team.

I think people have a habit of wildly over-estimating the quality of a lot of the Premier League. Just look at last season. Some of the absolute garbage in that league was staggering with most of the bottom 10 tripping over each other to all try and get relegated. I genuinely think our squad that went down was more than capable of being top-half, probably even top-seven or so with the right leadership, such is the size of the swing you can have with the right staff.

I think being well coached, well motivated, confident and fit goes a hell of a long way. Look at the difference in someone like Miggy Almiron or Joelinton under Rafa Benitez vs. the two of them now. 

Genuinely at a loss to why you don't think Iheanacho, Coady, KDH and Faes could all be at a mid-table Premier League side when literally all of them except Faes have done so already? To be clear, when I say mid-table, I mean mid-table, somewhere around 14th, 13th, 12th or above. I'm not suggesting we're going to go and assault the top 6.

That’s all fair - I was assuming you meant 10th as a minimum.

If you take a out the three promoted sides (just because they are unknown at the moment), and Everton, the rest are either very good or at least difficult to play against.

From what I have seen of the Championship this year, the gulf in class is much bigger than I thought it would be.

If you reckon the bottom 10 of the PL was garbage last season, you must also be pretty shocked at what you’ve seen in this league too!

I think the four players you mention are OK at either this level or very low end PL. If you are aiming for higher I think they are squad players at best nowadays.

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Marco Silva has confirmed that Fulham are “really close” to signing Timothy Castagne from Leicester City.

Silva admits that the full-back was “one of my first targets” this summer  

@SkySportsNews 

And if you believe that...if it was his first target why wait so long 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Maybe they didn't, maybe Cas did. Fulham expressed interest and then Juve came into the frame. If you were him you'd be hoping to go play for the Old lady, but since they never came through on it perhaps he decided it was time to move on Fulhams interest.

Possibly, maybe, probably, etc etc...

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

We wanted more than they were willing to pay initially OR we hoped that more interest would create a bidding war. 

I think he is a good signing for Fulham

Another one goes at half price from the Rudkin bargain bin.

I'm not sorry to see him go, but Castagne is at least a PL quality player and should not be given away.  He will be replaced by a Championship quality player for a few pence less.  Has anybody at the club thought that if we go up this year we will need Premiership quality players next year and that players like Castagne will give us a great chance of getting there.

Surely with Barnes and Maddison gone and £80m in the bank, other big earners leaving on frees, parachute payments and with relegation clause pay cuts likely in force, we must have balanced the books.  I think we should be holding on to contracted players rather than giving them away for loose change  to give ourselves an advantage over our Championship rivals and giving ourselves a great chance of going straight back up.  I hope that HMS Pisstheleague doesn't hit the rocks.

9 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Maybe they didn't, maybe Cas did. Fulham expressed interest and then Juve came into the frame. If you were him you'd be hoping to go play for the Old lady, but since they never came through on it perhaps he decided it was time to move on Fulhams interest.

Would have been funny if Castagne went to Juve, Soumare went to Napoli and Ndidi went to Bayern.

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm not sorry to see him go, but Castagne is at least a PL quality player and should not be given away.  He will be replaced by a Championship quality player for a few pence less.  Has anybody at the club thought that if we go up this year we will need Premiership quality players next year and that players like Castagne will give us a great chance of getting there.

Surely with Barnes and Maddison gone and £80m in the bank, other big earners leaving on frees, parachute payments and with relegation clause pay cuts likely in force, we must have balanced the books.  I think we should be holding on to contracted players rather than giving them away for loose change  to give ourselves an advantage over our Championship rivals and giving ourselves a great chance of going straight back up.  I hope that HMS Pisstheleague doesn't hit the rocks.

Sometimes players want to leave. Better to generate funds in such circumstances, eh? There shouldn't be a Leicester fan left that doesn't understand this after watching us last season and seeing the difficulty we've encountered shifting players on too late. 

I have no issue with being a more fluid football club. Move players on when there is opportunity and buy new ones. 

If we get back to the Premier League we can worry about fielding a Premier League worthy squad then.

The way we've recruited this summer gives me confidence that we'd deal with that transition just fine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think we should be holding on to contracted players rather than giving them away

We are holding onto Ricardo and Justin, who when fully fit, have all shown to be better than Castagne at times. 

Lets not forget that Castagne was honking last season, but most importantly he may be pushing for this move, whereas Ricardo and Justin haven't. 

Yes, we could have tried to recoup the £20million we paid, but with add-ons, I suspect we will get up to £15million for him and a big earner off the wage bill in a position we are stacked with talent in Ricardo and Justin. Not great business, but certainly not a disaster either.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

These so called premier league players as you call them got us relegated because they were mostly crap and ineffective. We needed to have this reset and buying or loaning young with options is great forward thinking.

• Like 3

If we go back up we don't want Castagne at right back, so away he goes. 

Maddison and Barnes sales were to cushion the £100m income loss as quickly as possible - our most valuable assets. Evans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Mendy, Perez etc are to thin out the oversized wage bill.

Castagne, soumare, ndidi, souttar, Thomas sales or loans are because they have midweight value and dont fit or embrace the way of playing Enzo laid out. No doubt if any of them stay then Enzo will reintegrate them in some way. 

I just hope we are being as ruthless on the arrivals door for the 2 or 3 new players we still need.

• Like 2