Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

19 minutes ago, Sly said:

Exactly ….. he’s just a “meh” player really. 

His defending at times, was as good as Akinbyes attacking though. 

I wish you well in your football viewing over the next 50 years.

If he’s ‘meh’, what did you make of all the RBs that we’ve had to endure since Steve Whitworth left (& until 2015)?

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

If he’s ‘meh’, what did you make of all the RBs that we’ve had to endure since Steve Whitworth left (& until 2015)?

Different levels though. 

Relative to where we were, he wasn’t good enough. He was part of a defence that conceded for fun. 

I still maintain if he was English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Argentinian, Brazilian or German, he wouldn’t be an international footballer. 

He’s alright, however he’s not near and has never been near a peak JJ or Ricardo. Yes, he carried the weight of those two being injured, however how many times have we seen him get caught under a ball defending the back post? 

I actually think he’d have done okay in this system we are currently playing, as he’s fairly comfortable on the ball. He’s just that though, okay. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Different levels though. 

Relative to where we were, he wasn’t good enough. He was part of a defence that conceded for fun. 

I still maintain if he was English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Argentinian, Brazilian or German, he wouldn’t be an international footballer. 

He’s alright, however he’s not near and has never been near a peak JJ or Ricardo. Yes, he carried the weight of those two being injured, however how many times have we seen him get caught under a ball defending the back post? 

I actually think he’d have done okay in this system we are currently playing, as he’s fairly comfortable on the ball. He’s just that though, okay. 

Fair points by and large Sly and I’m with you on the bold bit!

Like many he was superb (IMO) in the peak Rogers period - and terrific in the FA Cup final - and like most, average as Rogers brodgered the whole squad. 

I suspect his poorer performances in the last 18 months were more down to shocking leadership, coaching & management than to anything missing in Castagne’s game.

I guess we’ll see?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Fair points by and large Sly and I’m with you on the bold bit!

Like many he was superb (IMO) in the peak Rogers period - and terrific in the FA Cup final - and like most, average as Rogers brodgered the whole squad. 

I suspect his poorer performances in the last 18 months were more down to shocking leadership, coaching & management than to anything missing in Castagne’s game.

I guess we’ll see?

I’m fairness to him, playing in front of Ward and next to Amartey can’t have helped. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Hey! You leave Alan Maybury and Zoumana Bakayoko out of this 😅

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Hey! You leave Alan Maybury and Zoumana Bakayoko out of this 😅

Oh; we’ve had some interesting right full backs the last 10ish years.

Castagne, Ricardo, Justin, Amartey,  Vontae Campbell, Simpson, De Laet, Paintsill. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Loved Kyle Naughton in 2010/11 too

In fairness, he did a great job! As did Gilbert when we were in League 1. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

He sums up Rodgers transfer strategy whilst with us as he was originally signed as Chilwell’s replacement lol square pegs in round holes and all that

Was he? I thought that was Justin, Castagne was cover for Ricardo no? Apologies if I'm wrong 

Just now, fox_favourite said:

He was very good for us when he was here. A good attacking full back. 

Naughton was in the PFA team of the season when he was with us. I think most people expected him to kick on. 

He never got past Kyle Walker at Tottenham and it feels like he’s been at Swansea for years now. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

Naughton was in the PFA team of the season when he was with us. I think most people expected him to kick on. 

He never got past Kyle Walker at Tottenham and it feels like he’s been at Swansea for years now. 

I remember at the time thinking he was better of the two, having seen them both come through at the same time.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sly said:

I still maintain if he was English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Argentinian, Brazilian or German, he wouldn’t be an international footballer

He’s been a regular starter for a number one ranked international team, are Belgium really that poor for full back options? 

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He’s been a regular starter for a number one ranked international team, are Belgium really that poor for full back options? 

Who else do they have? 

They were playing Vertongen at fullback at one point. 

Belgium have some great players, however they’ve struggled go get over the line as a nation as they’re not a great team throughout. 

Castagne has been a bit of a utility player for them, playing all over the shop filling holes. 

14 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He’s played over half his games in Midfield for Belgium as well. I mean, Belgium have Batshuaui as a forward in that squad with more caps than Castagne. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I remember at the time thinking he was better of the two, having seen them both come through at the same time.

IIRC Tottenham bought them both at the same time  and Walker was considered the makeweight.

A bit when we bought Ally Mauchlen from Motherwell with Gary McAllister the makeweight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sly said:

He’s played over half his games in Midfield for Belgium as well. I mean, Belgium have Batshuaui as a forward in that squad with more caps than Castagne. 

Have you seen the record of Batshuayi at international level? It's not the insult you think it is.

10 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

The Belgium side over the last 7/8 year are the most over rated international side ever. 

Castange is a decent player but the longer he's been here the more apparent that he's just "decent" has become. He's more of a classic wing back than anything else. He's not as good as Ricardo going forward and he's not as good as Justin in defence, I'd go as far to say that Ricardo is also better defensively and Justin is better in attack too. 

I heard from a few people "itk" that he had a very bad relationship with Rodgers and if true that certainly hasn't helped and he's just not interested in staying with Leicester anymore. Once you hate your workplace it's a slump that's very difficult to get out of. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1