Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

These so called premier league players as you call them got us relegated because they were mostly crap and ineffective. We needed to have this reset and buying or loaning young with options is great forward thinking.

You don't need to remind me how our players let us down last year, I know.

Yes, Castagne was part of the squad that got us relegated but he is also part of the same squad that came fifth and part of  the FA Cup winning team.  He would be a huge asset at this level.

We needed a reset and I'm not averse to sending him on his way, but only if we can get a fair price.  My point really is that if we give away all of our quality, we will have no advantage and possiblly sink into the Championship for another decade rather than bounce back up.   Most clubs that do bounce back retain a core of Premiership players.

If you look at our recruitment so far, only Winks is PL quality imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Another one goes at half price from the Rudkin bargain bin.

I'm not sorry to see him go, but Castagne is at least a PL quality player and should not be given away.  He will be replaced by a Championship quality player for a few pence less.  Has anybody at the club thought that if we go up this year we will need Premiership quality players next year and that players like Castagne will give us a great chance of getting there.

Surely with Barnes and Maddison gone and £80m in the bank, other big earners leaving on frees, parachute payments and with relegation clause pay cuts likely in force, we must have balanced the books.  I think we should be holding on to contracted players rather than giving them away for loose change  to give ourselves an advantage over our Championship rivals and giving ourselves a great chance of going straight back up.  I hope that HMS Pisstheleague doesn't hit the rocks.

You mean the players who performed abysmally in the Premier League and caused us so much frustration and eventual relegation? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m happy to see the back of them, if they want to go they can, no point hanging onto players who don’t want to be here. 

I had exactly the same attitude at the end of last season, I was (am) disgusted with them, but let's be honest, they are better than that, they have proven it in the past and if they weren't, they wouldn't find themselves back in the PL with other clubs.

I would have retained the likes of Castagne if we can't get the right price for him  and he could have been part of the club's rehabilitation and reset with a new manager and impetus and give us a great chance of going straight back up. 

Edited by murphy

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I had exactly the same attitude at the end of last season, I was (am) disgusted with them, but let's be honest, they are better than that, they have proven it in the past and if they weren't, they wouldn't find themselves back in the PL with other clubs.

I would have retained the likes of Castagne if we can't get the right price for him  and he could have been part of the club's rehabilitation and reset with a new manager and impetus and give us a great chance of going straight back up. 

Not much good if he doesn't want to be here!

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not much good if he doesn't want to be here!

Depends if you want the club to be walked over or if you want to see Rudkin stand up and wave his contract under his nose. 

If he did kick off, I would gamble that when the window closes he would come around.

56 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think a combined price of near 30mil for Castagne and Ndidi is exceptional business. We need to think forward not back and the likes of these are and have proved to be relegation fodder. If you can’t see it then certainly other clubs can hence why only bargain basement bottom end clubs want them. In an ideal world a west ham comes in for a combined 60mil but we are talking now not 2 seasons ago. Neither of these would get anywhere near their first team.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Depends if you want the club to be walked over or if you want to see Rudkin stand up and wave his contract under his nose. 

If he did kick off, I would gamble that when the window closes he would come around.

Lack of togetherness and players not giving their all for the shirt is the reason we are in this shit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I think a combined price of near 30mil for Castagne and Ndidi is exceptional business. We need to think forward not back and the likes of these are and have proved to be relegation fodder. If you can’t see it then certainly other clubs can hence why only bargain basement bottom end clubs want them. In an ideal world a west ham comes in for a combined 60mil but we are talking now not 2 seasons ago. Neither of these would get anywhere near their first team.

Fair enough.  I can see I'm in a minority of one here, but before I bow out and we agree to differ, do you think that Castagne is really no better than relegation fodder or do you think that he suffered, like almost of our players,  from the malaise that hung over the club and the affect of a manager that seemed to be past caring?  That, imo, is the reason that a team of good players got relegated.  That and the Danny Ward affect.

I think Castagne will show that he is better than you give him credit for.  Wilf, is a different matter.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Fair enough.  I can see I'm in a minority of one here, but before I bow out and we agree to differ, do you think that Castagne is really no better than relegation fodder or do you think that he suffered, like almost of our players,  from the malaise that hung over the club and the affect of a manager that seemed to be past caring?  That, imo, is the reason that a team of good players got relegated.  That and the Danny Ward affect.

I think Castagne will show that he is better than you give him credit for.  Wilf, is a different matter.

Well that is why Fulham are taking a punt they think they can improve him. Ndidi Forest think they can get the player of 2 years ago. Time will tell that’s the unknown factor of transfers. The Rodgers factor was a detriment to many players and team ethic, but individual players then time will tell. I stick by my thoughts that this is exceptional business by us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

2 quality Championship players. 

A word of caution from my end. Overall our squad quality will be significantly worse once the window closes. It needs to be done, but if we return to the Premier League it will be a fact that sides like Brentford, Brighton, Palace, Forest (shudder) will all have squads that have significantly better quality than we do. 

We need to concentrate on the task at hand, which is getting out of the division. But there will be a lot of hard work to do next year. One positive aspect is we are using the loan market heavily, probably because the idea will be to buy better quality players next season if these ones are decent but not great. But for example, I suspect players like Coady and Mavididi won’t look anywhere near as good in the Premier League. 

But without sounding like a doomer, it looks that once the window has closed the squad will have had serious rejuvenation. It’s taken longer than we had hoped but it’s a fresh feel and quite exciting for the fanbase. 

Not sure I can agree that Notts Forest will be significantly better than us. Look at their team that played Manure.Turner, Boly, Worrall, McKenna, Aurier and Yates simply aren’t as good as Mads, Faes, Coady, Doyle, Ricardo and Winks. The Florist lads I’ve listed wouldn’t get into our starting team in The Championship. 

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

The fact is Timmy C at his best these days isn’t quite as good as Ricardo, Doyle or Justin and that’s why it makes sense to sell him, especially as he wants to leave. I also think he’ll have his work cut out to oust Tete and Robinson at Fulham who I think are better on the ball than TC. Probably signed as experienced cover like Tielemans as Villa and Barnes at Newcastle,