Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

Yeah i'd drop the FFS Forest stuff too.

The majority of the squad live there or near there, so for Wilf and Nacho it's an easy destination and they're in the Prem. 

Just now, AjcW said:

The majority of the squad live there or near there, so for Wilf and Nacho it's an easy destination and they're in the Prem. 

Think people massively under estimate how big a deal it is to have to uproot your whole family. 

Wilf is going to be extremely settled in the area. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Sell Ndidi take James McAtee on loan and then we are not putting a square peg in round hole and making ndidi into something he is not.

We have to be careful that we're not giving ourselves too much to do next summer.

If we have purchase options on Yunus and, say Fatawu, then in the event of us wanting the pair that's £20m eaten up. If we go up, then whether we bid for Casadei or a replacement, there's another £20m. Doyle could be around the same. And then another CM...

You could easily be talking about a £50-60m outlay just to maintain the quality that we already have. If we're in the FLC again we'll be a lot weaker. If we're in the EPL then, with no assets to sell, we'll be unable to bring anyone else in apart from further loans.

It's vital that we use this time - and the opportunity to bring in players for lower fees, and blood inexperienced players - to our advantage, and foster new talents that enable us to return to our pre-2021 way of operating. As it stands, we have the new keeper and perhaps one or two academy products that could qualify. But I'd like to see those younger signings in the lower price bracket that we can bring along now and give the game-time to be worth a lot more, in terms of what they offer us on the pitch and financially off it, down the line.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Call me old fashioned, but are clubs allowed to agree personal terms before getting permission/agreeing a fee with the club? Or did it get to the point it was such an abused rule, everyone just chooses to publicly ignore it without shame?

Sadly, it's another of those insidious practices that have become so prevalent that it's just become part of the game. It's a bit like diving. A decade ago (maybe more!) it was seen as poor form, as a dark art. Now players 'have a right to go down' and even get criticised for not going down to 'win' a penalty. 

I realise I sound like a bitter middle-aged man here, but it does seem that when new ways of cheating are conceived, it just becomes a matter of time before it's normalised, rather than being stamped out. The more lucrative the cheating is financially, the quicker it's legitimised.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Sadly, it's another of those insidious practices that have become so prevalent that it's just become part of the game. It's a bit like diving. A decade ago (maybe more!) it was seen as poor form, as a dark art. Now players 'have a right to go down' and even get criticised for not going down to 'win' a penalty. 

I realise I sound like a bitter middle-aged man here, but it does seem that when new ways of cheating are conceived, it just becomes a matter of time before it's normalised, rather than being stamped out. The more lucrative the cheating is financially, the quicker it's legitimised.

Might take a burden from you by changing your username, looking forward not back etc 

29 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Call me old fashioned, but are clubs allowed to agree personal terms before getting permission/agreeing a fee with the club? Or did it get to the point it was such an abused rule, everyone just chooses to publicly ignore it without shame?

As you said they are not supposed to but still do it, clubs don’t tend to officially bid until agreements with the player, take Kane’s recent move to Germany, if he had said he was not interested in the move then Bayern wouldn’t have kept coming back for him 

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd honestly have rather had Abigail Breslin at CB than Daniel Amartey. 

At the age she was in this film (jesus, how is she 27 already.)

And I'd definitely rather have Alan Arkin in goal than Danny Ward. That's Alan Arkin now, too. 

I’m sorry to say I have some bad news for you about the late, great Alan Arkin…

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

I really hope that this time next season we are picking off some of forests talent while they are planning for life in the championship.

Agree, but finding forest talent apart from Gibbs White is rather difficult. Yates, Worrall etc must be amongst the least talented players ever to have played top flight football. 

28 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Dont Nacho live near Uppingham Road/Thurnby?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don't want him to go. Especially not to Forest.

I mean it's not like Morgan didn't play for them before us.

Players go to rival clubs, the faster people accept it's a money/business decision the better. 

Not even Leicester born, bred, trained footballers would turn their noses at forest if they knew wages would be doubled. Money talks on these times and you cant blame them. Gotta make that cheddar while you can.

• Sad 1