Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

As much as it has been great to see Wilf play a different role and seem to get some of his mojo back, I still think Enzo was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with him, and over the course of a season, he would have struggled with the technical elements that Enzo would want from him. 

I am happy he got a goal and assist last night, as I felt a warm glow come back when thought about him, something I haven't had for best part of 2 years! 

However, I don't see him as an essential player to our success as I do a handful of other players and we will be fine without him. 

Let's soften the blow a bit and get a decent fee for him though! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

John Percy will have a very good idea of what's going on here between Midlands clubs, likewise on Iheanacho. The fact he's not reported on either recently suggests this is a lot of hot air guff.

Didn't someone make the point that Percy has been a bit out of the loop since criticising Rudkin? Which does track. 

He hasn't really been that up on many of our signings this summer.

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don't think Enzo is that dumb. He's been the best backed manager in the division, with us even shipping out January signings who don't fit his system. 

This notion that he wouldn't be happy with the transfer dealings is mad. 

Enzo will have his finger on the pulse and accept sometimes the club has to take short term pain for long term gain and sell players that he appreciates if we get a big offer and there is a year left on their contracts. Selling Ndidi, Iheanacho and Faes this week if we could bring in Harwood-Bellis, McAtee and a striker will be considered good business when the dust settles.

Compare him to Rodgers who acted like a big baby when faced with reality. He had Soyuncu at the club but wouldn't use him, he pursued Vestergaard for 18 months and then binned him off within months then whinged to all who would listen that he wasn't backed and downed tools until the "mutual agreement",

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Fabrizio reckons negotiations have started with Forest after personal terms have been agreed and he's removed Leicester from his socials.

Call me old fashioned, but are clubs allowed to agree personal terms before getting permission/agreeing a fee with the club? Or did it get to the point it was such an abused rule, everyone just chooses to publicly ignore it without shame?

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Didn't someone make the point that Percy has been a bit out of the loop since criticising Rudkin? Which does track. 

Out of the loop with Rudkin, but still making a fair number of articles on what's happening at Forest. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He does seem to have a good link with Forest

But yeah the only one he has “broke” so far this transfer window has been Winks

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's not true, Percy has never got his information from the club as our club is extensively private. As with a lot of info, it'll come from associates  and with transfers it'll be agents.

2 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Call me old fashioned, but are clubs allowed to agree personal terms before getting permission/agreeing a fee with the club? Or did it get to the point it was such an abused rule, everyone just chooses to publicly ignore it without shame?

I still thought clubs had to allow a player to begin speaking to another one. 

Perhaps we gave him and his agent permission to discuss terms with other clubs, before we receive any offer. 

It is the definition of tapping up though surely? This one appears agreed to though 

5 minutes ago, brookfox said:

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Perhaps we gave him and his agent permission to discuss terms with other clubs, before we receive any offer. 

It is the definition of tapping up though surely? This one appears agreed to though 

It happens all the time and it's widely overlooked.

They could spend weeks discussing terms and agree them for the club to say we're not selling you and it'll all be a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Our defence last season:

1*FMRkxBWYAmiogMbzgwOCdA.gif

I'd honestly have rather had Abigail Breslin at CB than Daniel Amartey. 

At the age she was in this film (jesus, how is she 27 already.)

And I'd definitely rather have Alan Arkin in goal than Danny Ward. That's Alan Arkin now, too. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Happens all the time through intermediaries and all clubs do it

Only time it gets picked up on is when clubs take the piss with it like Liverpool with Van Dijk and recently Chelsea with Olise

Wilf has started to look like he’s heading back into some form. Now that we’re a league below. And when we’re playing League 2 teams. 

If that’s exciting Forest enough to pay £10m or so then snap their hands off. I think he’ll revert to type if and when he gets back to the Prem unfortunately. Think his best days are behind him. Was superb for a couple of years. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We go through this every window

clubs approach agents to see if their player would be interested 

and all clubs do it so it’s ‘accepted’

no club wants to waste time negotiating with a selling club and then find that the player won’t come.  Look at liverpool and Caicedo and lavia this window

looks like both were done to force chelsea to spend more than they wanted (and Liverpool have always had a good relationship with Brighton and Southampton (VVD apart)) 

12 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I don't understand it either but apparently, this is how transfers are done these days. I don't know if it's that the player can't talk to clubs but his agent can, or what...

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd honestly have rather had Abigail Breslin at CB than Daniel Amartey. 

At the age she was in this film (jesus, how is she 27 already.)

And I'd definitely rather have Alan Arkin in goal than Danny Ward. That's Alan Arkin now, too. 

Do you reckon we could get the club to sign Toni Collette as a mascot or to appear in transfer announcements or something? Been in love with her since Muriel's Wedding.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's not true, Percy has never got his information from the club as our club is extensively private. As with a lot of info, it'll come from associates  and with transfers it'll be agents.

He was very complementary about Rodgers till the end. Maybe the notepad scribbling was letters to Percy