Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

Just now, The Bear said:

He played in the middle sweeping behind the other two using his reading of the game, and also started attacks with long diagonal balls.

Thanks, we've long had very few options to play the LCB in either a back 3 or back 4 and doesn't look to be immediately changing any time soon. 

2 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

How about 35k per week plus 2m bonus for promotion ?

Why would you walk away from another 2 years of £70k a week at Wolves? They'll have to heavily subsidise this or we have learnt absolutely nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Why would you walk away from another 2 years of £70k a week at Wolves? They'll have to heavily subsidise this or we have learnt absolutely nothing. 

Sorry, I was assuming he would go back up to a PL wage if/when we are promoted. Didn't phrase it properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

For guys like you who need the benefit of my wisdom, personality and attractive lady recommendations :thumbup:

And I only venture into the Leicester sections if its Wolves related. 

You forgot to add talking  more sense than sone of our fans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Sorry, I was assuming he would go back up to a PL wage if/when we are promoted. Didn't phrase it properly.

I suspect we'll be taking risks this summer but as we've seen in the past, our attempts to lessen the risks by going for perceived proven players domestically has not worked. 

I'm not against experienced and proven players, but they invariably come with the probability of large wages, a red flag for us right now surely and if its a step down for them then possible lack of desire. I've had a gutfull of both and want to see players who see Leicester as a huge opportunity and we don't burden ourselves financially ad the board have had a howler recently.

I do admire Coady's leadership and personality though, I'm just concerned about our approach this summer in light of today's strong transfer links.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wolves fans don't rate him. Everton fans seem to a bit more. He's definitely the type of character we need more of though.

Not fair at all.

He was our Captain and a fan favourite, did a brilliant job for Wolves.

Wolves fans got fed up of a negative pragmatic style that had got us to 7th twice, like lots of fans do with their managers, Bolton and Big Sam Charlton and Curbishley.

Coady was the victim of Bruno Lages failed transition to 4 at the back, Nuno had also dabbled with it and played Coady there and as I've said he played well there for Everton.

With a big lad like Souttar he could be the man to organise and sweep up for you.

Could still do a job in midfield in the championship too, he even played right back for us in the champ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KrispyKreme said:

Wolves fan here.

Everton played him in a back 4 last season and the fans seemed to think he did a good job, most Everton fans thought it was silly not resigning him.

Where he struggles isn't whether it's a 4 or a 5 but when a big athletic forward, your Chris Woods, Ivan Toneys and Tammy Abraham's can isolate him and pin him and turn him if balls are played behind him as he just isn't physical enough to match up to big forwards like that.

He puts his body on the line, positionally sound, reads the game and is good on the ball.

Nuno built a team round him and got us to 7th twice and a Europe League semi, but even then he struggled against some of those forwards mentioned.

And you were doing so well 

• Haha 1

Guest Mee-9

The biggest fail in all of this is he is what we were crying out for last season.

He’d have kept us up. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So what was the average age of the squad last year compared to 2019/20 and 20/21.

Or Average age of the most pick first 11 of last season compared to 2019/20 and 20/21? 

I can't find a website that allows me to pick those stats up, however the point I'm making and one Rodgers contradicted himself on a number of times that was a huge chunk of this squad had less experience 3-4 years ago when we then were pound for pound one of the best sides in the country than they did a few years later when the decline came. Funnily Brendan said in the last year or so our team was still inexperienced, despite said achievements.

For me it's not about age or necessarily what they've achieved but more their ability and current motivation and momentum when coming to Leicester. Our decline has largely been because proven players have no longer wanted to be here or fell out of form etc and likely wanted a new challenge. I want players who have a point to prove and/or see Leicester as a step up, not a step down. But equally as importantly we need to get the finances right too, we've overpaid players now for years and it's got to stop.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wolves fans don't rate him. Everton fans seem to a bit more. He's definitely the type of character we need more of though.

I think Coady is a limited player but, come on, Wolves fans adore him. 

I do agree that he’s the type of personality needed around the squad, though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Some people are easily pleased. 

This and the hideous Winks link smacks of unimaginative thinking. I'm not against this one per se, but I was kinda hoping to replicate the formula from last time - namely signing up the best / fittest / fastest players in the league. 

When you say “best / fittest / fastest players in the league” who do you mean exactly?

3 minutes ago, Turtles Head said:

When you say “best / fittest / fastest players in the league” who do you mean exactly?

No idea. I couldn't name 5 players at this level. 

But then, I'd never heard of Richie de Laet or Danny Drinkwater or Chris Wood or Knockeart or Mahrez or even Jamie Vardy. But they each bossed their positions

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

No idea. I couldn't name 5 players at this level. 

But then, I'd never heard of Richie de Laet or Danny Drinkwater or Chris Wood or Knockeart or Mahrez or even Jamie Vardy. But they each bossed their positions

Ah, possibly misinterpreted your original post. 

34 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Here’s where I could tell you’re really a Leicester fan.

Because I knew Chris Woods would be a good example to use as he's an ex player of yours?

Also a prime example because of the great record he has against Coady.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

I can't see Faes staying

Given his contract, he's probably one of the few players we can actually stand firm on our valuation, and as a current Belgian international we could probably ask a fair but, whilst his performance might mean few clubs would be prepared to pay it.

It's probably more likely they'll loan him out to somewhere in europe, hope that he plays well and that someone comes in with some decent cash in january or next summer.

Edited by Lillehamring