Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s shit

Ah,  but is he shitter, this is the million dollar question?

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

When did we last successfully buy from a Premier League club?

When we won the Championship with De Laet, James, Drinkwater, Wood, Hammond, Phillips in the squad, or maybe more recently than that when we added Albrighton and Huth and won the Premier League. It's not been amazing recently (Evans and Kelechi very solid signings though), but we're not recruiting to try and finish in the European places any more.

14 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Connor coady isn't nearer 40 and he can play in the prem. What is there not to like? He's not what you described at all.

He couldn't even get into a disgraceful Everton side ahead of Michael Keane for one, and we'll probably end up waving a 4 year contract at him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Proven Premier League player. Captain. Leader. Not sure what's not to like. 

Not every player through the door a has to be young or exotic sounding. 

We clearly had a lack of leadership last season and hopefully this is a way of addressing things. 

I don’t get the lack of enthusiasm 

him and winks would be a great start to the window imo

experience and solid pros in areas we are lacking  - then add the youngsters on top 

• Like 2

Can't say I'm that enthralled by this but it could be a necessary signing in isolation.

I'm more worried by the trend of Coady, Winks, Steffan. These are experienced players coming from PL clubs on big wages where playing in the Championship is a step down and if we return to the PL aren't the profile of player that will necessarily improve or add squad value for resale and reinvestment. There's always a need for the odd one of these players but in 24 hours the 3 concrete links are all this type of player and alarm bells are ringing.

I'd prefer Coady if we had to sign one of him or Winks as a leader though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He couldn't even get into a disgraceful Everton side ahead of Michael Keane for one, and we'll probably end up waving a 4 year contract at him.

Get real. We are relegated and someone with his experience would be vital. He played well for 3 years in a good Wolves side who were always good defensively. He would do well in our league. Everyone on here seems to think we are still in the prem and most players are somehow beneath us, or want to play FIFA career mode and have a team of prem u21 starboys. We need some solid signings like Winks and Coady. 

I rate the Coady signing a lot more than Winks, though in truth I don't have misgivings about their abilities, moreso than concerns about how much money we're going to be giving them.

It depends on whether signing players presumably on decent Prem wages continues as a trend or whether they're the exceptions - if the latter, I'm happy enough with both, but the former I would definitely be concerned about our recruiting focus.

Also, whilst the soundbite of beating other Prem clubs to the signing of Coady for example sounds good - I worry that the reason if that we're offering too much money.

Edited by The_Rorab

49 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Some people are easily pleased. 

This and the hideous Winks link smacks of unimaginative thinking. I'm not against this one per se, but I was kinda hoping to replicate the formula from last time - namely signing up the best / fittest / fastest players in the league. 

Tbh I don't want Winks but Coady makes more sense to me at a time where we need leadership and experience he will offer that, similar to Huth.

7 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Proven Premier League player. Captain. Leader. Not sure what's not to like. 

Not every player through the door a has to be young or exotic sounding. 

We clearly had a lack of leadership last season and hopefully this is a way of addressing things. 

100% agree. We need leadership. England took him to a major tournament to sit on the bench and be a leader in the changing room - this is clever business.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He was behind tarkowski and mina

When dyche went to a back three for their most important game he brought him back in ahead of Keane - he had previously preferred Keane which most Everton fans thought was ridiculous

he’s 30

a four year deal for a thirty year old CB who is a strong character in the dressing room sounds reasonable to me 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

When we won the Championship with De Laet, James, Drinkwater, Wood, Hammond, Phillips in the squad, or maybe more recently than that when we added Albrighton and Huth and won the Premier League. It's not been amazing recently (Evans and Kelechi very solid signings though), but we're not recruiting to try and finish in the European places any more.

Missed Slabhead out…

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't say I'm that enthralled by this but it could be a necessary signing in isolation.

I'm more worried by the trend of Coady, Winks, Steffan. These are experienced players coming from PL clubs on big wages where playing in the Championship is a step down and if we return to the PL aren't the profile of player that will necessarily improve or add squad value for resale and reinvestment. There's always a need for the odd one of these players but in 24 hours the 3 concrete links are all this type of player and alarm bells are ringing.

I'd prefer Coady if we had to sign one of him or Winks as a leader though.

You don't know that they are definitely coming here on 'big wages' though do you? There may be clauses promotion based incentives as opposed to really  high weekly salaries🤷‍♂️

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Missed Slabhead out…

I think of that more as a tremendous success for the marketing department, and failure for Manchester United's recruitment team, than a great success for ours.