Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

2 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Does anyone have an inkling as to why a crap Everton didn't want him and why Wolves are happy to see there their club captain go? Something doesn't add up here so i'm not sure this may as good a signing as we think?

Champ is slightly slower pace so may do well, plus he's a good character and has experience

3 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Does anyone have an inkling as to why a crap Everton didn't want him and why Wolves are happy to see there their club captain go? Something doesn't add up here so i'm not sure this may as good a signing as we think?

Well Wolves are going full rebuild under the newish manager. I’d imagine maybe Dyche has different ideas at Everton too, perhaps wants to build a younger back line. Plenty of reasons I’m sure, doesn’t mean it’s not a cracking signing for us 

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Well Wolves are going full rebuild under the newish manager. I’d imagine maybe Dyche has different ideas at Everton too, perhaps wants to build a younger back line. Plenty of reasons I’m sure, doesn’t mean it’s not a cracking signing for us 

We are also in the Championship not the Prem

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

may go 3 at the back 

Souttar Faes Coady

Souttar Coady Faes

Ricardo Winks KDH Justin 

Then sort a front 3 out. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

any sources?

Did he not ask the Belgium manager if playing in the Champ would effect his call? that would suggest he would be willing to stay?

No just my opinion. Already made noises via his agent more or less saying that his Belgium career may be harmed stepping down. Wouldn't mind one bit him leaving, he was largely a liability.

6 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

The same was said about Evans when he came to us. 

42 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Guess being the key word! 

Lots of people 'allegedly' hear lots of things it doesn't make those rumours right either! 

Coady isn't walking away from north of 70 bags a week to come to Leicester for half of that. He's got 1 last decent pay day, exactly the type of signings Micky Adams made in 2004 and Sven in 2010/11. These players won't drop down to the Championship out the good of their own heart if there's wedge elsewhere to be had.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The same was said about Evans when he came to us. 

Evans had a relegation release clause of £3.5m, Coady had an option to join Everton for just £4.5m and they've opted not to sign him. It's surprising if he's still supposedly PL class and we've beaten PL clubs to his signature. He's not coming here for a big pay cut that's for sure and that concerns me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Probably the case that they both want to progress their squads on.

Sometimes there isn’t necessarily anything wrong with a player, it’s just that space needs to be made in a squad and a 30 year old centre back is probably a good place to start whilst you can still get a bit of cash for them.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm buzzing with this signing but I must admit I did find it strange how he fell out of favour at Wolves, i'm still not sure how or why he did? 

Can @The Bear give answers/opinions on this? Cheers. (Apologies if you already have and i've missed them)

Just not going to be first choice so we're letting him go and find a new club where he will be.

27 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m more excited about Coady then I am Winks.

Any idea if Maresca football plays with a high line?

Coady, Faes, Souttar are not blessed with pace.

Vesty will bring the needed mobility.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Bear said:

Just not going to be first choice so we're letting him go and find a new club where he will be.

I get that but last year (maybe the year before that) I didn't get how or why he fell out of favour.

With respect, a year or two, even three we were well ahead of Wolves (Obviously our rapid demise has put paid to that) and I'd have had him then.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Coady isn't walking away from North of 70 bags a week to come to Leicester for half of that. He's got 1 last decent pay day, exactly the type of signings Micky Adams made in 2004 and Sven in 2010/11. These players won't drop down to the Championship out the good of their own heart if there's wedge elsewhere to be had.

The issue is if we don’t get back up 

next season is wolves’ problem to make up the difference between what we can afford to pay him (40k) and what they are contracted to pay him (65k).  The shortfall can be addressed in a reduced fee which we then have available to give him as a s/o fee.  I reckon we’re talking approx £1m.  But what happens the season after ?  Wolves are contracted to pay him 65k. Whilst we would take that on if we go back up, what happens if we don’t?  Maybe we have agreed for him to have a small release clause of £2m which would mean he can leave next summer and get a low level PL club 

what do we think he is worth with two years left ?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I get that but last year (maybe the year before that) I didn't get how or why he fell out of favour.

Because Lage was an idiot and made it clear to Coady he wasn't going to be used and could leave. Coady wanted to stay in the England setup so went to Everton. Now the new manager wants his own defenders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What the last 2 seasons showed us was that as the team collectively got older and more experienced, we weren't anymore consistent or better. We got infinitely worse and that wasn't because it was a team bunch of kids.

So what was the average age of the squad last year compared to 2019/20 and 20/21.

Or Average age of the most pick first 11 of last season compared to 2019/20 and 20/21? 

Edited by coolhandfox

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Coady isn't walking away from north of 70 bags a week to come to Leicester for half of that. He's got 1 last decent pay day, exactly the type of signings Micky Adams made in 2004 and Sven in 2010/11. These players won't drop down to the Championship out the good of their own heart if there's wedge elsewhere to be had.

How about 35k per week plus 2m bonus for promotion ?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@The Bear did Coady play on the left of a 3 man defence? Always thought he did but he's predominantly right footed is he not?

He played in the middle sweeping behind the other two using his reading of the game, and also started attacks with long diagonal balls.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

If I had to guess…

IMG_5450.jpeg

IMG_5451.jpeg

• Thanks 1