Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

As much as I appreciate Kel's ability to produce something out of nothing 9 goals in 2 years is modest. We need a new striker as a priority assuming Barnes is off. A 37 year old Vardy is not going to be the answer.

Everyone saying they would be really outraged if he went. He has one year left on his contract he will 100% be gone. He is not gonna sign a new contract in the championship on lower pay.  I doubt it will be to forest be there is no way we keep hold of him. About 10m - 15m I would imagine. 

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

We could just as easily get promoted and sell him or keep him and fail to get promoted. Keeping Iheanacho is not an either or.

I'm happy to sell anyone in the squad who a sizeable offer comes in, I'd happily sell the whole squad as it stands to some Saudi club for £300m and start again.

Well yes, technically anything is possible

However I firmly believe keeping him massively increases the chances we get promoted

Also we would get a fee way less than his actual value due to only having a year left on his contract

I mean, if someone comes in with £50 million for him then sure, but realistically the offers are going to be around 10-15 

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Forest now more attractive than us. 

Maybe some of the mongies will start understanding why some people didn't want to happy clap our way to relegation when some of our better players go to Forest. 

I think some would be wiser to think about the bigger picture. Not a chance they are doing anything but another relegation battle. Things change very quickly in football. Let them have their moment. Ours was winning the league.

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Nacho will move and we’ll have to watch him score 20+ goals a season, and further prove that Rodgers mistreated him and ran our club into the ground. 

27 this year , it would be a miracle if he scored 20 goals in a season at the top level. He isn't Vardy. Having said that he is a very useful weapon particularly off the bench so I can see why Forest are interested.

People talk about the club needing the money for these players and that the clubs hands are tied. This is their own doing and if they'd have thought about the financial implications of relegation last season instead of sleepwalking into it then we wouldn't be in this mess. Top should take a hit on his personal wealth for being so incompetent and loyal to that poison dwarf 

If there were just one player to keep against the odds, against financial common sense, it’d be Nacho for me.

Would love to see the side built around him next season. Don’t expect to because he’s saleable & because of Maresca’s comments about Vardy. But would love it, love it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

If there were just one player to keep against the odds, against financial common sense, it’d be Nacho for me.

Would love to see the side built around him next season. Don’t expect to because he’s saleable & because of Maresca’s comments about Vardy. But would love it, love it!

I agree.  IF we wat t o get back to the PL we can't be blooding new strikers

I said from the get go that all bets are off for Forest. We don't sell to them, regardless of highest bid or player wishes.

Not through my pathological hatred for them. But out of pure business reasons.  They are a direct competitor for casual supporters, sponsorship and commercial revenue. It isn't on our interest to assist them in any way. 

7 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Nacho will move and we’ll have to watch him score 20+ goals a season, and further prove that Rodgers mistreated him and ran our club into the ground. 

No way he scores 10 goals in a season if he ends up at Forest never mind 20.

40 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I said from the get go that all bets are off for Forest. We don't sell to them, regardless of highest bid or player wishes.

Not through my pathological hatred for them. But out of pure business reasons.  They are a direct competitor for casual supporters, sponsorship and commercial revenue. It isn't on our interest to assist them in any way. 

Pathological hatred is enough for me.  

• Like 1

Would rather he went abroad but few of the foreign clubs who could afford him would actually want him. (Excludes perpetually low balling Italian clubs)

22 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

As much as I appreciate Kel's ability to produce something out of nothing 9 goals in 2 years is modest. We need a new striker as a priority assuming Barnes is off. A 37 year old Vardy is not going to be the answer.

You mean 9 goals in 2 years that he was hardly used ?  Why don't you factor in the previous season scoring I think something  like 16 in 18 games or doesn't that suit?