Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

Forest survived via miracle and have a pirate as an owner, it's a matter of time before the whole thing blows up and they plummet. 

Unless one of us changes owners, we're destined to revert to being above them in the natural order before long. This is a blip, any of our players jumping ship now would be hilariously naive not to expect to be swapping places with us in 12 months time. 

I'm not normally prone to this sort of arrogance but I'd say in this instance it isn't far off objective fact.

• Like 2

We got relegated with highly paid players.  We need to become a well run club.  We need to recruit well; we need to recruit players on championship wages.   I don't think we can afford Iheanacho and Daka.   Someone said Iheanacho would easily score 20+ goals in the Championship.  It's not a given.  It's not easy.   Personally,  I would keep Daka.  I know many would disagree.

Our squad for the start of the season is an unknown.   We need to shift some highly paid players to get some in.

I hope we start making signings next week.   

I think losing Iheanacho is inevitable (along with Maddison,  Barnes, Castagne and Ndidi).  As it's inevitable, the sooner the better.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Forest survived via miracle and have a pirate as an owner, it's a matter of time before the whole thing blows up and they plummet. 

Unless one of us changes owners, we're destined to revert to being above them in the natural order before long. This is a blip, any of our players jumping ship now would be hilariously naive not to expect to be swapping places with us in 12 months time. 

I'm not normally prone to this sort of arrogance but I'd say in this instance it isn't far off objective fact.

No. Just no. 

The days of saying look at that owner, are we not lucky, are well over. 

I don’t disagree that things could get quite bad for Forest but right now, here, we are right at the cusp of disaster and unless we have an absolute outstanding season next year and return we will be on the verge of a real financial disaster. For different reasons we BOTH have questionable ownership that could blow  at any time. 

I'm calling BS on this one - clearly on the wind-up.

The lack of proof reading alone is enough for me to relax that Seniorman isn't going to join the splinter-dicks. 3-2 sin, apparently joined us from them in 2017? Looks like it was written by ChatGPT's oxygen-starved brother. 

• Like 2

At this rate we'll end up with Albrighton and Soumare as or main creative players with Daka running around up top like Bambi on ice. Shit source but would not be surprising if nacho wants to leave and someone is willing to pay 15-20 mill for him. 

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I had this conversation with a Forest fan. He was a bit concerned about the future for them. It’s all happened so fast, and accidentally on a way. They’ve got buy on pure luck, and the fact all of the teams around them self imploded bar Everton. 

Things will catch up with them this season. 

I'm so worried about this now, i've heard that the majority of our players have requested a transfer away from the club and, as i write this, first team contracts are being drawn up to ensure we have enough academy players to start next season with. How has it come to this? 

6 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

I don't think he'll go to Forest, but if Burnley or Everton come calling I think he may be tempted.

Burnley is a very good shout actually, was at Man City with Kompany and they need a striker.

• Like 1

Will be gutted if Iheanacho goes! He is a level above this division and i'm fairly confident if he is selected every week and can stay fit then he'll go on to score 20+ goals easily. 

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Do we need funds? Maybe the situation is not as serious, maybe getting rid of the free agents has helped the wage bill.

I’m assuming it might be a balance between it not being as bad as we thought, and us recklessly gambling on promotion at the first try 🙃

If we sell him this will show total lack of ambition by our Owners. Maddison and Barnes I get that.  But Kelechi and Vesty must stay.

• Like 1

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

Unless it’s a silly offer this one isn’t happening, just like the KDH rumours.

He has a year on his contract, certainly won’t need a silly offer. Doubt it will be forest though

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

This has gone from my Forest supporting brother-in-law scoffing when I suggest they may want to purchase some of our fringe players, to them actively looking to take away our talent……..this is bad.

It was inevitable that the vultures would swoop as we would the other way around however I do believe that lots of people are underestimating the owners investment and his determination to get back......he will not support a hap hazard fire sale and clubs will soon realise players will only be sold on our terms or because we do not want them.........it will be an interesting few weeks but Top has learned the hard way that he oversaw a period of inactivity and then left changes too late I am sure valuable lessons will have been learnt. To get a manager like Enzo who was the No.2 at the best club side in the world does not show a lack of ambition and than less they want rid of Kel because they have a plan, do not want to let him go for free in 2024 and/or he wont sign a new deal he will not leave!

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If we sell him this will show total lack of ambition by our Owners. Maddison and Barnes I get that.  But Kelechi and Vesty must stay.

:wes:

• Haha 1

If like other players he's had his salary cut (because of the relegation clause), then you can't blame him for wanting to move on if a Premier side shows interest. Yes it'd be great if we can hang onto him, but it seems unlikely. Agree that we all hope it's not the Florists who benefit.