Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I would assume he must think he is shit, wasnt even on the bench against Burton for a run out. 

Clearly, but I wonder if he was given direct feedback. Maresca having worked under Pep, I bet he's not the type to shy away from that sort of feedback with players. Look at the Cancelo situation, or the way Gabriel Jesus wasn't considered good enough. 

I think it's similar to how he said Harry Souttar was left out as "purely a technical decision", which I interpret as "he's not good enough." But I would love to know what about his play specifically isn't good enough.

53 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Rudkin is unfit for purpose. Its clear unfortunately Enzo is at the wrong club if he wants transfer market 'action' 

I cant see much happening before deadline day, certainally not a striker. 

We will probaby be stuck with Vardy who is clearly finished. 

We've hardly been slouches when it's come to recruitment this summer? New keeper in, new defender in, winger in, two key signings in very quickly (Winks and Coady)?

We need to balance the books at some point, there's hardly been any outgoings - when we shift out some of the players we don't plan to use, I expect the recruitment to pick up.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We've hardly been slouches when it's come to recruitment this summer? New keeper in, new defender in, winger in, two key signings in very quickly (Winks and Coady)?

We need to balance the books at some point, there's hardly been any outgoings - when we shift out some of the players we don't plan to use, I expect the recruitment to pick up.

7 players were released, plus we lost Tielemans, sold Maddison and Barnes for the best part of £80m. I'd have thought there was room for further recruitment. Yes there are still others to be moved on, but to say there's been hardly any outgoings is misleading IMO.

Edited by MGLCFC

19 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Well then we should have stuck with a manager like Dean Smith

This is the problem you can implement a new style, a culture, a philosphy with square pegs in round holes, it just wont work. 

The clubs should have been honest about this at interview. We have brought in 70m of sales so far and got a good few million off the wage bill.

They are going to have to speculate a bit to accumalate else the ywill get stuck he, and thats going to be a lot worse financially. They have learnt no lessons whatsoever. 

FFP in the Championship allows a loss of 15m; breaching it will results in a point deductions.

Using the last financial accounts available (21/22) based on a reduction in broadcast money (129m to 55m) and being generous and saying we are going to have similar commercial activity and gate receipt income has dropped by around 96m.

Even factoring in a reduction of the wage bill down to 70% of the last accounts (21/22) and the 80m in sales, will see us roughly break even at the moment. 

This is why we are trying to loan a CM and an RW rather than buy. 

I doubt we will spend much more the 4-5m with some more income from sales. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

FFP in the Championship allows a loss of 15m; breaching it will results in a point deductions.

Using the last financial accounts available (21/22) based on a reduction in broadcast money (129m to 55m) and being generous and saying we are going to have similar commercial activity and gate receipt income has dropped by around 96m.

Even factoring in a reduction of the wage bill down to 70% of the last accounts (21/22) and the 80m in sales, see us roughly break even at the moment. 

So the point remains, why did the club bring in a manager who can not work with the tools he has?

Theres clearly an issue here, it doesnt look like its going to end very well. If it does its pure luck.

We have started well, Enzo will clearly make a good manager, but if we dont back him and give him the squad he requires we have a problem. 

A lot of the players we have on the books arent good enough or dont fit the style and Rudkin seems unable to shift them, due to them being at best mediocre with high wages, once again the failings of the clubs senior management team who are still here making applaing decisions is clear to see. 

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

more have gone out than have come in, if the manager has accessed the squad and determined many dont fit his style, they need to get working tirelessly to deliver a squad he can work with. 

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

9 players were released, plus we lost Tielemans, sold Maddison and Barnes for the best part of £80m. I'd have thought there was room for further recruitment. Yes there are still others to be moved on, but to say there's been hardly any outgoings is misleading IMO.

Even with a reduction in our wage bill by 30%, our income is around 20-30m sort of covering the wage bill at present. 

A good chunk of that money is needed to balance the books. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

the point remains, why did the club bring in a manager who can not work with the tools he has?

Maresca has to understand , this is not Man.City , he can't have everything he wants. If he has to modify his tactics to suit his players strengths , then he will have to do that. We have tried the square pegs in round holes under Rodgers. Early days of course , hopefully this will be sorted.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Even with a reduction in our wage bill by 30%, our income is around 20-30m sort of covering the wage bill at present. 

A good chunk of that money is needed to balance the books. 

Thanks for the insight. However, doesn't that still leave a surplus of £50m+ on the Barnes and Maddison sales? Even taking into account what we've already spent on signings, there is still a surplus of £20m+

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So the point remains, why did the club bring in a manager who can not work with the tools he has?

We have won 3 out of 3, he will have known the situation when he arrived.

We are still the high spending team on transfer in the league.

Theres clearly an issue here, it doesnt look like its going to end very well. If it does its pure luck.

We have started well, Enzo will clearly make a good manager, but if we dont back him and give him the squad he requires we have a problem. 

He's already spent 30m, Burnley only spent 37m, we will pass that before the end of the season. 

A lot of the players we have on the books arent good enough or dont fit the style and Rudkin seems unable to shift them, due to them being at best mediocre with high wages, once again the failings of the clubs senior management team who are still here making applaing decisions is clear to see. 

Can't change the past we are where we are, once we move a few on we will spend. 

Given he was talking about a new contract the other day, I doubt he thinks Nacho is absolute doggo. He probably has put a rocket up him and also has doubts about his suitability for his formation. But on the other hand I’d hope he’s also pragmatic enough to know that if he keeps him and plays him he should get 20+ goals.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Maresca has to understand , this is not Man.City , he can't have everything he wants. If he has to modify his tactics to suit his players strengths , then he will have to do that. We have tried the square pegs in round holes under Rodgers. Early days of course , hopefully this will be sorted.

Well the problem is he seems to be isolating players who dont fit his tactics at present, thats not going to have a good long term effect if the club can not move these players on, which given Rudkins record, seems unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have won 3 out of 3, he will have known the situation when he arrived.

We are still the high spending team on transfer in the league.

He's already spent 30m, Burnley only spent 37m, we will pass that before the end of the season. 

Can't change the past we are where we are, once we move a few on we will spend. 

Did he though? or was he sold a lemon?  it seems odd to completely isolate the likes of Souttar and Kristiansen who are not specifically 'bad' players, Even Daka may offer something but he seems completely not interested in trying them. Potentially Sourmare could do a job in the Championship. 

I dont have confidence in the current Football Operations team to move on the required players a lot of them are clearly on salaries well above their levels of quality, which is obvsiously the problem in shifting them. If a player is good enough people will pay for them. Arguably the 2 best players we had, were easy to shift, the other mediocre dross not so much, we have mediocre players on champions league wages, how Rudkin is still here making decisions is absolutely unfathomable. 

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Thanks for the insight. However, doesn't that still leave a surplus of £50m+ on the Barnes and Maddison sales? Even taking into account what we've already spent on signings, there is still a surplus of £20m+

It's not just wages we have to balance against, in the account, you also have amortisation of past transfer fees, a transfer is accounted for over the length of a player's contract for example we brought Faes 15m on a five-year contract, so we have to account for a 3m each year in our books, each time you sign a player that amount increases. 

Our transfer amortisation figure got too high which is what impact our spending power, at its peak around 70m, that figure is on the minus side of the accounts. 

The figure is around 43m due to outgoing and adding incoming players. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Did he though? or was he sold a lemon?  it seems odd to completely isolate the likes of Souttar and Kristiansen who are not specifically 'bad' players, Even Daka may offer something but he seems completely not interested in trying them. Potentially Sourmare could do a job in the Championship. 

I dont have confidence in the current Football Operations team to move on the required players a lot of them are clearly on salaries well above their levels of quality, which is obvsiously the problem in shifting them. If a player is good enough people will pay for them. Arguably the 2 best players we had, were easy to shift, the other mediocre dross not so much, we have mediocre players on champions league wages, how Rudkin is still here making decisions is absolutely unfathomable. 

Only he can answer that. 

The squad balance, to balance it we need players in, to finance that we need players out. 

Kristiansen has been injured, and Enzo doesn't seem to rate Souttar or Daka. Soumare I believe has off-field issues. 

Some have to leave, just how it is. 

13 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Well the problem is he seems to be isolating players who dont fit his tactics at present, thats not going to have a good long term effect if the club can not move these players on, which given Rudkins record, seems unlikely. 

I'm sure once September comes and it's clear who is staying and who is going, if Souttar does stay he will use him a bit more, likewise Nacho will play a lot if he's here. If the manager wants some gone, the club I guess don't want them playing where there's potential to pick up an injury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

He wanted 16 signings split equally 

4-6 proven players permanently 

4-6  “could be a gem players with potential” 

4-8 loanees … hungry kids and out of flavor older experienced players that will run hard 

Can see this whole thing ending very badly unfortunately :nono:

9 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I'm sure once September comes and it's clear who is staying and who is going, if Souttar does stay he will use him a bit more, likewise Nacho will play a lot if he's here. If the manager wants some gone, the club I guess don't want them playing where there's potential to pick up an injury. 

Was about to say just this. August was always going to be a little uncertain, but once the squad is locked in, you've just got to use what you've got and I'm sure he knows this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Reports Fulham on the verge of selling Mitrovic to Al-Hilal I wouldn’t be surprised if they come in for Iheanacho as a potential replacement, should also help push through the Castagne deal. 

If he is to be sold I hole we get more than we paid for him 

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

If he is to be sold I hole we get more than we paid for him 

With 1 year left and not being a regular starter I highly doubt it. Just getting wages off the books will be the objective.  Wouldn’t be expecting much over 10-15 mill. 

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Given he was talking about a new contract the other day, I doubt he thinks Nacho is absolute doggo. He probably has put a rocket up him and also has doubts about his suitability for his formation. But on the other hand I’d hope he’s also pragmatic enough to know that if he keeps him and plays him he should get 20+ goals.

This thread is classic  FT, an unconfirmed post taken as gospel. 

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

He wanted 16 signings split equally 

4-6 proven players permanently 

4-6  “could be a gem players with potential” 

4-8 loanees … hungry kids and out of flavor older experienced players that will run hard 

Makes sense as 8 already gone - another 10 or 12 should have been gone by now 

4 proven - mads , coady, winks and mavidi 

1 gem or loan in Doyle 

5 out of 12-16 - pretty pathetic