Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

23 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We need players like nacho to get us back up and it'd probably cost us more to replace him. As a relegated team, you get one chance to get back into the prem without the financial hit, after that you're fvcked.

Its a balancing act, and of course players like Nacho or Maddison (even Barnes to a lesser degree due to contract) may be the reason we go up and return to the EPL, its question of if that risk of is worth taking

We have been extremely negligent in our selling strategy in recent years, we cannot sustain the club in the model that made us successful without these sales, the time of the sale is of paramount importance.

I would love Nacho to stay as he is a total favourite, but it is against the backdrop of these boring financial realities that we must make this decisions

Just need Saudi to do us a solid and just buy Madders for 100m......

39 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

But who do we replace them with and do you trust the club to get it right?

Nacho is easily good for 20 goals in the championship. Is that such an easy thing to replace? Likewise with Barnes who would easily hit over 20 goal contributions. We’ve already lost so many on a free and if we can keep a few of the better performers this season then I think we will have a shot at bouncing back. Replacing almost everyone other than the ones which no one else wants is bad business imo. We will be left to build the team around Daka, Soumare, Vestergaard and Faes.

The same problem faces us in 12 months, if our club can't recruit players that will be successful then we are done for.

If Iheanacho is happy to stay here and sign a new deal then great, love the bloke. He'll be an absolute menace at this level but I'd absolutely understand if he wants to go. He's been treated like a piece of excrement for years.

One of our biggest problems is we've got a truck load of players that either didn't want to be here or haven't been good enough and our club has lost the plot at the wages they offer, their inability to move players on and the whole conveyor belt of in's and out's has halted.

We need to rip it up and start again, but will a clear plan and capable staff to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, studentofthegame said:

Because he will absolutely demolish the Championship and getting promoted year 1 is more valuable than the 15 mil or whatever we would end up getting for him

Also **** forest

We could just as easily get promoted and sell him or keep him and fail to get promoted. Keeping Iheanacho is not an either or.

I'm happy to sell anyone in the squad who a sizeable offer comes in, I'd happily sell the whole squad as it stands to some Saudi club for £300m and start again.

We’ll get what 10/15 for him ? Id rather just risk it and potentially lose him for free in the summer. The amount we’d get for promotion justifies that. If we got promoted there is a chance we could get him to re-sign. If he stays there’s a high chance we go back up. He would be the best player in the Championship. I trust Enzo to have a word though, and if his head isn’t in it we’d have to sell him. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 3

Just now, Levi Port said:

We’ll get what 10/15 for him ? Id rather just risk it and potentially lose him for free in the summer. If we got promoted there is a chance we could get him to re-sign. If he stays there’s a high chance we go back up. He would be the best player in the Championship. I trust Enzo to have a word though, and if his head isn’t in it we’d have to sell him. 

That’s what most fans think. 15M to get up is worth paying / losing. 

• Like 1

Even if this is true, when did the rules change about agreeing personal terms before agreeing a fee with the club , is tapping up no longer a thing , I've noticed it mentioned alot in a lot of stories about players over the last couple of years . It gets mentioned in so many articles like it's no big deal and it's common practice. 

• Like 1

There is a real sense of fear on this forum now .We could lose Barnes, Maddison and Iheanacho having already seen Tielemans leave. If they go they go and LCFC will carry on , our future does not involve these players.

• Like 1