Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

Again it's all the differing factors, how much would he go for? £15m, who could we get for £15m? Tbh, as much as I'd like nacho to stay, you have to take the money and reinvest it, unless nacho is willing to sign a new contract on championship wages, those with 1 year left have to go

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

You mean 9 goals in 2 years that he was hardly used ?  Why don't you factor in the previous season scoring I think something  like 16 in 18 games or doesn't that suit?

He perhaps didn't get the minutes but did appear in over fifty league matches one way or another. I think we need to revert to a Mitrovic style bully to get out of this division. Kelechi is not that style.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He perhaps didn't get the minutes but did appear in over fifty league matches one way or another. I think we need to revert to a Mitrovic style bully to get out of this division. Kelechi is not that style.

Iheanacho would comfortably score 20 championship goals if he stays with us 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Eh? That's totally bizarre. Amongst the weirdest posts I've ever read on here. And that includes old @fuchsntf

It’s the woman scorned type of post, it’s understandable, we’re all still grieving and angry, seeing Facebook posts like ‘natural order resumed’ and Florist fans putting the badge on their profile page, then you see all the links of our players being poached, and it tips you over the edge. 

32 minutes ago, S1DDO said:

Couldn’t give a flying f**k if he goes to Forest, if he wants to leave and they pay what we ask for then so be it.

I agree. I'm so sick of this football club. Rip it up and start again, don't care where any of them end up. Vardy aside.

Iheanacho has been treated pretty poorly here, he deserves to go and be 1st choice somewhere. I'd hope it's not Forest but so be it.

• Like 3

I do think it'll be an appealing option for him to see out his contract and get offered a bigger deal as a free agent. It's a strange one to leave for a team that will be fighting relegation again. 

The club should automatically refuse bids from Forest anyway. I used to detest the way we loaned players to Derby as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Tbh I'm not sure going to Forest is all that much of a step up at the moment. Yes they're Premier League, but they're not established. They'll probably be fighting relegation all season again and so there's a very real possibility that anyone moving there ends up in the same position they're in with us now, playing in the Championship and looking for a move. The difference would be that with us if it doesn't work out after one season, he's free to do what he wants. If he signs for Forest on a 5 year deal and they're relegated, he's stuck with 4 years left on his contract and at the mercy of the club on his future.  Unless a contract includes some very appealing clauses in favour of the player should they be relegated then I don't think it's a clever move.

No , its no easy decision football wise as both teams are not stable.. It will be all about money. He is a professional and approaching 27 has a limited time left at the top. He and his agent will have to make their best guess at what course of action will be the most financially rewarding.

12 hours ago, splinterdream said:

It’s the woman scorned type of post, it’s understandable, we’re all still grieving and angry, seeing Facebook posts like ‘natural order resumed’ and Florist fans putting the badge on their profile page, then you see all the links of our players being poached, and it tips you over the edge. 

Yes it’s hard to take but one thing we can throw back with certainty, they will never do what we did, no provincial club will again. We embarrassed the big boys to spend massively to ensure that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S1DDO said:

Why?

Because despite the sanitisation of football and huge sums of money now involved for plenty of fans tribalism and rivalries still remain an important part of supporting a club.  

In fact it's an important part of any sport.  It sharpens the senses, makes winning sweeter and losing all the more bitter.  Sport would be much poorer without the great rivalries that run through it whether that be between individuals or teams. 

That doesn't mean I'm going to head over to the world famous (do fvck off) Trent Bridge tavern or whatever that dump is called and put a chair through the window. 

But it does mean I'm going to be hacked off if a player I like and admire leaves to our biggest rivals. To not care about that as a Leicester fan seems odd to me.

17 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Because despite the sanitisation of football and huge sums of money now involved for plenty of fans tribalism and rivalries still remain an important part of supporting a club.  

In fact it's an important part of any sport.  It sharpens the senses, makes winning sweeter and losing all the more bitter.  Sport would be much poorer without the great rivalries that run through it whether that be between individuals or teams. 

That doesn't mean I'm going to head over to the world famous (do fvck off) Trent Bridge tavern or whatever that dump is called and put a chair through the window. 

But it does mean I'm going to be hacked off if a player I like and admire leaves to our biggest rivals. To not care about that as a Leicester fan seems odd to me.

Rivalry is important but I was at Filbert Street in the seventies when the maniacs from Rangers and Chelsea caused mayhem. We must never have that again. The rivalry between Us and Forest is as much about the cities themselves as it is about football. Nottingham is a more high profile city but that is mainly because of Leicester spending centuries trying to be as anonymous as possible. That all changed when we at last did what they had and won the top league and football wise we are considered one of the more famous teams now. I don't hate Forest ,I remember some great matches in the past and some great nights out in Nottingham. If Kelechi does go there , I am sure it will be primarily a business decision.

15 hours ago, markko said:

His value should be higher than being quoted. He is a striker and proven. I know he has a year left but so does JM. If his value is so low I would keep him and he can then go on a free as we will not replace him with anything decent for that kind of fee. I think he will score.a.lot of goals next season in the championship.

Aye but that hasn't worked well with Tielemans has it - if they only have a year left we've got to get rid I think.

Can't afford to lose anymore assets for nothing!

• Like 1

If I were Kelechi I'd stay for the year. Have a supper season in the Championship and then have Clubs queuing up to sign him.

He's already proven to be a Top Premiership striker and one of the few I think Rogers has improved.

He's a 40 million pound striker all day long and coming into his prime.

If I were the Club I'd be getting him to sign a new Contract and I'd sign a proper CF to play with him.

We'd then score a lot of goals and have a good combination ready for the Premiership. Which I expect us to get back up next season.   

We need to keep him.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

If I were Kelechi I'd stay for the year. Have a supper season in the Championship and then have Clubs queuing up to sign him.

He's already proven to be a Top Premiership striker and one of the few I think Rogers has improved.

He's a 40 million pound striker all day long and coming into his prime.

If I were the Club I'd be getting him to sign a new Contract and I'd sign a proper CF to play with him.

We'd then score a lot of goals and have a good combination ready for the Premiership. Which I expect us to get back up next season.   

We need to keep him.

How are you getting him to sign a new contract ?   Why would he bother to do that on championship wages ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How are you getting him to sign a new contract ?   Why would he bother to do that on championship wages ? 

That's where the skill comes into it. The manager needs to make him feel 10 ft tall and convince him to atay.

The club can do it by offering a nice carrot with a big bonus on promotion back up.

There's always a way in business.