Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

55 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Sadly, an increasing number of our own fans have been brainwashed by Sky/BT Sport to now think that 'City' only refers to the Manchester club. So bloody arrogant and disrespectful. Does my nut in. 

I don’t think it goes as far as being brainwashed, it’s just what the wider footballing population knows them by. If you don’t live locally and referred to the fact you supported City, pretty much everyone would believe your on about Manchester City, particularly as they advertise themselves frequently as City. How often do we as a club refer to ourselves as City? Majority of phrases I associate with the club are Leicester, LCFC and the Foxes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Thought Tanaka was signing for West Ham or Fulham?  Stating the obvious it will be difficult for us competing the Premier League Clubs here.   There are potentially bargains to be had going direct to the J~League.

yeah i saw them rumours too, WHU are going for Zakaria and Fulham will look at Tanaka if they sell Palhinha, but think Fulham want like £60/70mil for him

so we have every chance if we are interested imo

24 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I don’t think it goes as far as being brainwashed, it’s just what the wider footballing population knows them by. If you don’t live locally and referred to the fact you supported City, pretty much everyone would believe your on about Manchester City, particularly as they advertise themselves frequently as City. How often do we as a club refer to ourselves as City? Majority of phrases I associate with the club are Leicester, LCFC and the Foxes.

We've always been 'The City' to me which for some reason always seems to be more dynamic 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah i saw them rumours too, WHU are going for Zakaria and Fulham will look at Tanaka if they sell Palhinha, but think Fulham want like £60/70mil for him

so we have every chance if we are interested imo

If we do not have a J-League Scout then we should get one. German Clubs and Celtic have picked up some gems. There must be a Ricozaki Flairaki out there in Tokyo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

25 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

We've always been 'The City' to me which for some reason always seems to be more dynamic 

Same. My grandparents would always ask me 'are you going down the City?'

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If we do not have a J-League Scout then we should get one. German Clubs and Celtic have picked up some gems. There must be a Ricozaki Flairaki out there in Tokyo?

Man U are about to sign Zion Suzuki, Japan national team goalkeeper from J League. He’s only 21, could have started for us potentially. £5m rumoured fee. He will be backup at best there.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Man U are about to sign Zion Suzuki, Japan national team goalkeeper from J League. He’s only 21, could have started for us potentially. £5m rumoured fee. He will be backup at best there.

From what I am told Japanese players tend to be on short contracts at relative low salaries.  So not surprised to see this.

On 06/07/2023 at 08:13, Ric Flair said:

Not that I particularly want Cairney but they are different types of players IMO. Cairney has a good ability of scoring and assisting, especially in the Championship. Winks has an output similar to Nampalys Mendy. 

Yeah agreed, it's the midfield that needs the largest overhaul IMO if you assume that Soumare, Praet and Ndidi all go. Totally happy to overhaul it too as I think it's gone from being the strength of our side in 2019/20 to the root of 80% of our problems.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Im not sure if we have one but as you said, we need one, alot of gems in that region

51 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Onana and Suzuki are carbon copies of each other. Shame he’s going there so early in his career as like you say he could have started for a Championship side chasing promotion.

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

There is but he's only recommending a player called Tetekeshi.

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Am I the only person who couldn’t give two fvcks if people call Man City “City”? 

Nope, had this discussion to many times on here. The short answer is some do and some don't  :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Am I the only person who couldn’t give two fvcks if people call Man City “City”? 

Are you trying to take away people’s right to be offended where none was attended? Curse you and your slippy slope to self reliance I say.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I'm going in November, I'll tap a few salarymen up in the Izakaya and see what happens. Thank me in January when we sign seven superstars from Urawa Reds. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I wouldn't say it's being offended that people call Man City "city". It's the casual appropriation, reinforced by a willing and lazy media.

There will plenty of fans in Leicester, Norwich, Coventry, Lincoln, etc that refer to their team as City. They're not offended Man City fans call their team City, but appropriating the word to refer solely to one team no doubt jars.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I wouldn't say it's being offended that people call Man City "city". It's the casual appropriation, reinforced by a willing and lazy media.

There will plenty of fans in Leicester, Norwich, Coventry, Lincoln, etc that refer to their team as City. They're not offended Man City fans call their team City, but appropriating the word to refer solely to one team no doubt jars.

But even that has some sense, as they are the highest placed, most successful “City”  in contemporary terms. It’s lazy short hand I would agree, but the media will always favour a simplicity that focuses on the largest perceived audience

18 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Yep. Before the take over it was Man City. Media bias. 

53 minutes ago, Verumex said:

There is but he's only recommending a player called Tetekeshi.

At least he did not recommend Janishi Vestagashi like some paid employee of our Club did…

43 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

At least he did not recommend Janishi Vestagashi like some paid employee of our Club did…

Juniori Lewisaki.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yep. Before the take over it was Man City. Media bias. 

Go back in history and in the only United anyone talked and read about was Newcastle United. It's basically familiarity with the times the media is reporting on. Same as if the paper or media mention the word Kyley do you say Kyley who? or instantly know it is of the Monogue variety?

• Like 1