Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

21 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Gonna be Steffen isn’t it 😬 

Hoping for Bobb or Palmer on loan 

Palmer got a premier league and champions league medal, 14 prem appearances and 4 champs league appearances last season, if we were In the premier league it could be possible but I just cannot see someone so close to regular appearances for the treble winners wanting to drop to our level, would be amazing if I’m wrong though

• Like 2

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Think we have more pressing worries at the moment 

Agreed, I was just answering your question with regards to some people’s worries with regards to it.

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

I was told yesterday that personal terms with him have been agreed and working on the deal with Man City. 

Shouldn't be too long, might even be a double announcement like last weekend :thumbup:

I have a feeling the second signing will be Cairney…

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Agreed, I was just answering your question with regards to some people’s worries with regards to it.

That's what I was thinking too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

He’s 33 in January, I really hope we’re not going down this route again…

• Like 1

I think the Cairney link was around the time Scott Parker was being touted as the new manager,  I would be shocked if Cairney signs as i would expect it would be one of either Winks or Cairney, I am more hopeful its Piroe or maybe Zack Awe given his free agent status. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think the Cairney link was around the time Scott Parker was being touted as the new manager,  I would be shocked if Cairney signs as i would expect it would be one of either Winks or Cairney, I am more hopeful its Piroe or maybe Zack Awe given his free agent status. 

Definitely won't be Piroe, seems he's destined for the premier league or a bigger club abroad. 

Just not Cairney or the like. Nothing against him but as others have said, we’ve got a couple of those kind of experienced heads in and we don’t need a whole team of them, given the downside with future resale value and usefulness in terms of building for the Premier League again.

Also the players we are likely to retain are hardly kids now so we do need some younger talent. Surely there is younger talent out there who are also leaders if that’s what we are trying to fix! 

It won’t be Cairney, that fell off a cliff as soon as Enzo was announced. Plus we’ve got Winks, so I can’t see where Cairney fits. Unless he signed for a pittance to sit on the bench. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It won’t be Cairney, that fell off a cliff as soon as Enzo was announced. Plus we’ve got Winks, so I can’t see where Cairney fits. Unless he signed for a pittance to sit on the bench. 

They aren’t like for like though. Cairney I believe is a more attacking midfielder whereas Winks is deeper. So playing style wise, you could definitely see them both in the same midfield. But hopefully, now we have a couple of experienced players, the more attacking midfielder (Cairney), will hopefully be someone younger.

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

If what Sambiasso says is true and we’re trying to get another double signing this weekend then we should, in theory, hear some news today..

What’s the theory behind this pre signing announcement?! 

3 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

What’s the theory behind this pre signing announcement?! 

15 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

I was told yesterday that personal terms with him have been agreed and working on the deal with Man City. 

Shouldn't be too long, might even be a double announcement like last weekend :thumbup:

I’m just going off this and hoping we hear something today in line for the supposed double announcement over the weekend.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Bertrand Mark II -   Very sad if we are repeating the same mistakes.