Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Callum Doyle

11 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Is the Ricoh even IN Coventry? 

It’s like us having the King Power halfway between Littlethorpe and Cosby😂

It's more like the king power being in Wigston.....

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So an FT illusionary signing👍?

Please don't take this away from me. 

I'd never heard of the lad let alone see him play but I'm extremely excited and we need to get this over the line ASAP. 

It would be funny to pea off the Cov fans as well as they clearly haven't got a pot to pea in - I have a Cov mate at work who described their situation as 'Cov players being picked off like dead meat on a carcass to bigger clubs. Team wont be recognisable come September'.

That's us the bigger club 

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Been a few 😖

Well at least no chants have been suggested thus far.........................

• Haha 1

Thing is with but back clauses with city, I’m all for them if it gets you perm deals. If we are in a position where in 2 years Man City want to buy back a centre back for 30 Mill then there a very strong chance we are in the prem and doing well. 

6 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Would be a great signing, 70+ apps in League One/ Champo at 19 years already!

My fear is the MC buy back clause, hope we made it worth our while - 60/70m

That’s not how it works - we buy for 10 and they buy back for 25. It’s effectively a way of them stretching their ffp budget rather than loaning players out which doesn’t bring enough dosh in.

if we want that to be higher then we have to pay more in the first place 

• Thanks 1

Shame we had no ‘send back’ clauses in relation to some of our recent acquisitions.   We need to take a look at how Southampton shift out deadwood. 

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That’s not how it works - we buy for 10 and they buy back for 25. It’s effectively a way of them stretching their ffp budget rather than loaning players out which doesn’t bring enough dosh in.

if we want that to be higher then we have to pay more in the first place 

I know those were just throwaway numbers from the top of your head but we would be mad to go for a deal like that. 

10m fee, on top of say 60k a week for 3 years before they buy him back puts the total cost to about £20m. So £5m profit for developing their player. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Ben Mee, Greg Cunningham? Probably others I've missed

Mee, Cunningham, McGiven and now Doyle makes it seem like we have an unhealthy obsession with left sided/footed defenders from Man City!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I know those were just throwaway numbers from the top of your head but we would be mad to go for a deal like that. 

10m fee, on top of say 60k a week for 3 years before they buy him back puts the total cost to about £20m. So £5m profit for developing their player. 

Yup - they have monetised their academy and everyone seems to want their players.  As a Championship club we have to look at the different upsides to profit. If the young hungry player is going to be the absolute bee's knees and be a massive contributor to our promotion, then its worth the fee and small profit to get to where we want.  We are not going to get Chilwell or Fofana money playing with Man Cities academy.

What we need to work out is how we can do the same with out academy,  rather than having our prospects leave to join theirs.

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

And you've also had him for free in those three years and made £5m on a player who has proved to be worth at least £25m. I'm not a fan of buy back clauses as it really favours the bigger club and sets a ceiling on how much reward you can get. He could become a £60m player but your reward has a ceiling. Also it's really good business for the selling club as most players who look great at that age don't really kick on to become an elite player so they'll have a safety net on the buy back for a player that becomes a star but many of these players end up in the Championship at 25.

As an example just look at the England U21 squad from 10 years ago, the best young players in the country but only Henderson, Rose and Zaha became players who were good enough for elite clubs. The rest became PL plodders at best, at that time you'd probably have predicted Josh McEachran would be the best player out of this lot but he's 30 now and at MK Dons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_UEFA_European_Under-21_Championship_squads

3 hours ago, DezFox said:

Thing is with but back clauses with city, I’m all for them if it gets you perm deals. If we are in a position where in 2 years Man City want to buy back a centre back for 30 Mill then there a very strong chance we are in the prem and doing well. 

The problem with them and release clauses is if they ever get activated you feel ripped off. Rudkin has never recovered from Kante's transfer and he secured a fee £10m over his release clause.

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

He wouldn’t be asking for much more than 30k/week at his age if we buy him  (and in the championship that will probably be 20k). Obviously there will be a sliding scale for that to increase based on appearances etc. 

the sale and buy back is instead of a loan deal which works better for Man City. The buy back may well be as high as 30m but again that may well be performance related 

Don't know what the fear is with buybacks. Man City are not going to buy any player back for anything under £30mill cos it's not the calibre of player they want or need. They haven't used buybacks to spin a profit either.

You can argue that if he becomes a £50mill player here and they buy him back for 30 we've lost out on £20mill, but you're only missing out on that if you can sign him without a buyback, which you seemingly can't. So you don't lose at all. Essentially you got a player worth way more than you paid for them and ultimately so do Man City.

Have they (or anyone) actually exercised the buyback?

• Like 2