Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

35 minutes ago, LeamingtonFox93 said:

Ligue 1/2 wingers always give me Mahrez vibes... until they end up like Paul Gallagher 

Of all the wingers we’ve had you could’ve opted to slander and you opt for 1 that was actually decent for us lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Paul Gallagher is just another in a long list of players that fans have an unwarranted issue with. 

Someone will pop up saying "always bottled a tackle" - i actually didn't mind him, useful set pieces and loved a long shot. It was just the first name that came to my head when i thought of bang average wingers that played for us!

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he looks good, can finish and has skills!!!

I'm always wary of a highlight video that consistently cuts off before the end product. 

Sure, he's fast, can beat a man and has a bit of skill but what matters is what he does with the ball when it counts and if its not showing us that, it's not showing us that for a reason. 

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

26 goals in 77 nineties in Ligue 1. He's got a year left on his deal so fro the right price this could be very shrewd.

If he was a goal-every-two-games player, a PL club would have snapped him up by now. When you're in the Championship, sometimes you have to take a punt and hope your scouts have unearthed a gem. Before he joined us, Mahrez had scored six goals in sixty league games for Nantes...

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm always wary of a highlight video that consistently cuts off before the end product. 

Sure, he's fast, can beat a man and has a bit of skill but what matters is what he does with the ball when it counts and if its not showing us that, it's not showing us that for a reason. 

I think the reason in this instance is that the video would be 15 seconds long if it just showed you all his goals. 

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If he was a goal-every-two-games player, a PL club would have snapped him up by now. When you're in the Championship, sometimes you have to take a punt and hope your scouts have unearthed a gem. Before he joined us, Mahrez had scored six goals in sixty league games for Nantes...

I know Mahrez is good but I think even he'd struggle to score goals for a side he never played for!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my sentiment? lol 

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

In fairness, Mahrez was younger, less travelled and less of a known quantity at the time.

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

I know Mahrez is good but I think even he'd struggle to score goals for a side he never played for!

Ha ha! Le Havre. Where did I get Nantes from? :D

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my sentiment? lol 

Agreeing. It's one of those that could turn out to be an inspired bit of scouting. That doesn't necessarily mean it will, of course.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, Mahrez was younger, less travelled and less of a known quantity at the time.

True - and Mahrez was a once-in-a-generation talent. I'm not suggesting Mavididi is close to Mahrez's level, but he might at the level we need this season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think the reason in this instance is that the video would be 15 seconds long if it just showed you all his goals. 

Not just goals or even assist but succesful passes. Assists to assists, creating chances. 

I means nothing if a player beats 10 men, marches down the field doing keepy-ups whilst walking on his hands and blowing bubbles out his arse, if the very next thing he does is clears the stand with a shot or gives the ball away. 

• Like 1

We haven’t got any wingers once Barnes leaves! Well we will have Marc but if we can sell then sell. Stephy Mavididi Would be a decent addition by the looks of things. We will need 3/4 wingers at the club so I’m happy if we get this lad. English homegrown and we’ve got to remember we’re in the championship.

• Like 1