Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

I’d be ok with this if the money is right, still reasonably young would hopefully get his best years, looks direct and fast although a little raw. Has been at arsenal academy and Juventus so must be a player in there somewhere. Also has represented England at youth levels. 

think he will have a points to prove, not the worst injury record although thigh problems could be worrying. Hopefully the price is right.  

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, these videos are largely made by kids who find dribbles and tricks more impressive than intelligent passes. 

His statistical profile for chance creation are similar per 90 minutes to Barnes. His expected assists per 90 are identical.

I'd say he's got pretty decent end product for a player being scouted by a Championship club seeking promotion. I'm less bothered by where he is now and more just cautious about what his actual potential is to grow and improve. 

But I imagine given how much money we have and how many players we need, it's unrealistic to expect every incoming transfer to he some upwardly mobile 20 year old we'll double our money on. If this is a reasonably affordable signing and gives us room for plenty of others then I'm keen. But if we drop like 15-20m on him then obviously far less so. 

Nice one. I have no idea about the player, just thought it was a weird edit which made me wonder. 

Cheers for the info. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Nice one. I have no idea about the player, just thought it was a weird edit which made me wonder. 

Cheers for the info. 

I know it's a meme at this point but we all remember the Hussain Kaebi video right. 

I'm pretty confident that if someone had recorded every minute of me playing 6 a side with my work I could cut a 3:50 clip to some shit EDM that would convince a good 70% of foxestalk to sign me immediately. 

• Haha 1

The most important part of the skills compilation, after having selected the worst possible music imaginable, is to make sure that the first minute of the video is entirely composed of slow motion footage of the player running onto a pitch or celebrating a goal. It's not a real skills video unless the first bit of actual in play football footage rocks up at 2:30.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, these videos are largely made by kids who find dribbles and tricks more impressive than intelligent passes. 

And they grow up to be fat old men who love dribbles and tricks :cool:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

The most important part of the skills compilation, after having selected the worst possible music imaginable, is to make sure that the first minute of the video is entirely composed of slow motion footage of the player running onto a pitch or celebrating a goal. It's not a real skills video unless the first bit of actual in play football footage rocks up at 2:30.

You also know exactly how shit a player is by how many replays they have to milk out of each goal or assist. When you're on the fourth different slow mo replay of the same goal you know they're struggling to fill the minutes. 

Even better is when they inexplicably come back and show you more shots of the same bit of action from another angle later on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

You also know exactly how shit a player is by how many replays they have to milk out of each goal or assist. When you're on the fourth different slow mo replay of the same goal you know they're struggling to fill the minutes. 

Even better is when they inexplicably come back and show you more shots of the same bit of action from another angle later on. 

For a professionally made example of this: see Ayoze Perez LCFC farewell highlights video he posted, then count how many clips are Vs Southampton lol

• Haha 1

Alongside the Premier League, Ligue 1 was my go to for football viewing last season.

Mavididi was very much an impact substitute kind of player last season, at times he showed signs of what he’s capable of, but for the most part from the games I saw, he looked distinctly average and failed to make an impact.

The type of player who I can see being decent at Championship level, if we end up getting promoted though, I’d worry about his credentials in the Premier League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd be OK at this level, but wouldn't be the required quality if we go back up. So if this isn't a loan or only a few million then once again it would appear a diabolical transfer. 

Is he better than Tete? 

3 hours ago, LeamingtonFox93 said:

Ligue 1/2 wingers always give me Mahrez vibes... until they end up like Paul Gallagher 

If his name was Paulo Gallaghino you'd be singing his praises.

He was a good player for us, never let us down and came up with some important goals.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bit of an exaggeration tbf. 

It's not, Tete got 18 goal contributions in about 30 games at Lyon.

Mavididi has 36 in about 125 games. Mavididi played up front as well for a good chunk of that.

6 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Why does the deal depend on outgoings when we've already got the Maddison money & we need at least 5 more players? :dunno:

Because he is a left winger and won’t be coming to the Championship to play backup to Barnes? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1