Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Well based on their respective stints in France, Tete blew him out the water on just about every metric.

...Tete just needed to adjust his game, less hanging on to the ball and moving it on quicker!!!

His performances included switching the ball to Barnes where it was so effective, his presence having pulled players towards him, creating more space for Barnes. If he keeps turning up at clubs and not making the adjustment, he can only be successful in lower-tier clubs.

Looks like Football Insider is increasingly a legitimate source.

Was correct about Vestergaard getting a bid from Fulham and him turning it down for personal reasons.

And I think they were one of the first to link us with Souttar and Barnes to Newcastle as well. 

• Like 1

Id take him for 5 million with one year left. He would do well in the championship and he’s English and home grown which is always bonus. He’s not going to be a top prem player if we get back up but that’s fine not all can be.  

Im absolutely all for signing younger players with a higher ceiling, but they’re always a risk. Im very mindful we need players that can come in and can hit the ground running and him coming from the French League, notoriously physical and quick, he could do that in the Championship. >8 is good business. 

I would like us to sign some young ballers that have never played first team football but have silly stats in youth football now though, we’ve waited years. Sensible business is never that exciting.  

Edited by Levi Port

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not, Tete got 18 goal contributions in about 30 games at Lyon.

Mavididi has 36 in about 125 games. Mavididi played up front as well for a good chunk of that.

They aren't far apart on the goal-scoring front.

Tete scored a goal every 244 minutes in Ligue 1

Mavididi scored a goal every 265 minutes in Ligue 1 

Tete does blow him out of the water assists-wise.

Think he would be a decent signing depending on the price. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I agree, and also would Tete come to us now? No. Would Mavididi? Seems possible

This guy seems good enough by the virtue of his statistic comparison and the fact he would (possible) play in the Championship

Doesn't look bad to me - two legs, plenty of tricks, has pace, knows which goal he's attacking and that's the direction he goes, sturdily built and not sat on his backside every time anyone comes near him, pleading for a free kick!!!

I'm just hoping we sign players with a bit of flair who can bring excitement after the turgid displays we have endured for the past 18 months...............please!!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree, and also would Tete come to us now? No. Would Mavididi? Seems possible

This guy seems good enough by the virtue of his statistic comparison and the fact he would (possible) play in the Championship

Once again my issue will be the amount of money we'd pay Montpellier and the player for someone at his age and his past that doesn't necessarily represent good business nor will he have the ceiling of potential. But I do think he would do alright in the Championship. He's quick and got a good array of ability to beat players off either foot.

With a year left, I'd want us to get him for less than £7m and wages I'd want it to fit in with what an upper end Championship player got, so that should he not make the step up, we can move him on more easily than we've seen us struggle to do in recent years.

• Like 2

Actually don't think he profiles badly, isn't too old and isn't likely to cost a fortune. I do share the concern that we're putting a squad together that's going to need a lot of work if we do go up though.

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Subject to further outgoings..

We've spent £15m and sold 40m. 7/8 also released with some big wages.

The big re-set looks likely to be a few tweaks and rinse out what's left. Wonder if Maresca signed up for that? 

Does look as though Doyle & Steffen are coming in too though, which would be 4 in - I don't think the spending is done by a long chalk. 

3 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

Our disgusting wage bill?

Not really now so many have left and also the remaining players have had relegation clauses in the their contracts. So many seem to be over hyping our financial situation. It's nowhere near as bad as most make out and we can still afford to be one of the biggest spenders in the league in terms of signings and wages. We know we still have players we can get money for as well like Castagne and Barnes. If we do sell Barnes and Castagne on top of already selling Maddison, that could be around £100m made in sales. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

It’ll be a little heartbreaking if we sign this dude for the same sort of money we could get Chair for. 

Can't believe we sat around and let that one go.

9 minutes ago, Ryy said:

:wub:

Gerrrim in!!!