Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

26 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Diabate vibes.

He's definitely comfortably better than that. 

Also far more proven. To be clear, Mavididi genuinely is an alright sorta mid-table Ligue 1 performer. 

Think Yoane Wissa, probably not an awful comparison. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

Just now, LestaLad said:

I actually really want this guy the more I watch us, think he’s just what we lack, a player with mad pace who knows where the goal is.

Agree, he would be a great addition. I guess tbc if we can afford him, presumably he doesn’t come if Barnes stays. 

3 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Can't wait for all the typos when we've got both Mavididi and Madivadua on our books

Madivadua will be loaned out so needn’t worry about that just yet. Nowhere near good enough for the Championship. 

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

Madivadua will be loaned out so needn’t worry about that just yet. Nowhere near good enough for the Championship. 

Harsh. Honestly thought he did well yesterday in his role. Could definitely see him get more chances over preseason to convince Enzo.

I think it's a tiny bit telling that he got to start as that leftsided attacker instead of having Sharky/ Patson out there in the first half in what was our "best" XI

58 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

It's all gone very quiet on Mavididi, hasn't it?  I don't know if thats good or bad.  I keep thinking of Sambiasso's comment that there is a decent possibility of another incoming this week.  And we DO need a winger!

Would this not be the keeper? 

18 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Would this not be the keeper? 

He said keeper plus maybe two more with one being a loan.  If you're into that ITK stuff.  

Which I'm not.  Won't catch me clutching at straws like that.  Nooo sireee bob.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Harsh. Honestly thought he did well yesterday in his role. Could definitely see him get more chances over preseason to convince Enzo.

I think it's a tiny bit telling that he got to start as that leftsided attacker instead of having Sharky/ Patson out there in the first half in what was our "best" XI

That's just because Daka isn't a winger and Albrighton is past it. 

There's no chance he's still starting when the season starts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Funny you say that, I was thinking about Burnley last season and how well they did and the signings they made. One in particular - Manuel Benson.

He came from Belgium and at 24/25 his record in their top league wasn't anything special. He ripped the Championship apart. Whether he then steps up to the PL and is still classy remains to be seen but there's an excitement about him that builds momentum.

Mavididi might be similar. He's had patches of brilliance in Ligue 1 and then seems to have toiled a little. Maybe a year in the Championship is exactly what he needs to kick start him and regardless of whether he then would be devastating in the PL doesn't really matter, you deal with that bridge when you cross it.

He’s more than good enough for the championship Ric, performing at Ligue 1 level is a good start. Maresca will improve him and we’ll need goals from outwide with Barnes going which is what this guy offers. Won’t cost a lot either which ultimately is our reality. If we can’t get Borges/Bobb or Palmer then it’s a good move 

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

He said keeper plus maybe two more with one being a loan.  If you're into that ITK stuff.  

Which I'm not.  Won't catch me clutching at straws like that.  Nooo sireee bob.

😂 me neither. Good job it’s all definitely happening 💯 haha 

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t mind this guy. He looks like he can play and decent at receiving the ball with his back to goal under pressure. He’s rapid and direct too so would have similarities to Barnes when he’s in full flow. 

I really hope we get a couple of wingers in. 

As optimistic as i am about the current set up, there’s always that little worrisome part of my brain that wonders what the heck we do if we have to sack enzo and we have no wingers. 

• Like 1