Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

Having watched some of his highlights he looks a damn good fit for Leicester, lets get him in pronto & get him playing. Born in Derby (trying not to hold that against him) so some family in the Midlands, it just might happen.

21 minutes ago, Woody1962 said:

Having watched some of his highlights he looks a damn good fit for Leicester, lets get him in pronto & get him playing. Born in Derby (trying not to hold that against him) so some family in the Midlands, it just might happen.

I agree. Seems a great fit. Get him in!

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like that he's comfortable off either foot. I thought we'd go for Cameron Archer as a striker/winger but Mavididi will also count as a homegrown player which having lost a few this summer is important.

Would much prefer archer! I think he’s destined for great things. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I like that he's comfortable off either foot. I thought we'd go for Cameron Archer as a striker/winger but Mavididi will also count as a homegrown player which having lost a few this summer is important.

I still believe Archer is firmly on the radar, I read a while ago Emery was going to look at him in pre season and make a decision then regarding a loan/ sale. Means we’ll have to wait as I don’t think he’s back. I can’t imagine him getting close to their side as their getting another winger this window and you’d think they’d need to raise some funds for FFP with their spending. If it’s true we’re getting Giles off the left, Archer coming in from the right would make sense. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Woody1962 said:

Don't think Maresca is going to play much of a wing style

Surely going off all we have seen (his 3 pre season games so far) shows he will be using 2 wide forwards/wingers 👀

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

think there might still be time/something in the Archer one, with Villa going for Diaby atm

a loan to buy or something of the link would benefit all parties imo

1 hour ago, Levi Port said:

I still believe Archer is firmly on the radar, I read a while ago Emere was going to look at him in pre season and make a decision then regarding a loan/ sale. Means we’ll have to wait as I don’t think he’s back. I can’t imagine him getting close to their side as their getting another winger this window and you’d think they’d need to raise some funds for FFP with their spending. If it’s true we’re getting Giles off the left, Archer coming in from the right would make sense. 

Serious question- who did you mean ‘Emere’?

1 hour ago, Levi Port said:

I still believe Archer is firmly on the radar, I read a while ago Emere was going to look at him in pre season and make a decision then regarding a loan/ sale. Means we’ll have to wait as I don’t think he’s back. I can’t imagine him getting close to their side as their getting another winger this window and you’d think they’d need to raise some funds for FFP with their spending. If it’s true we’re getting Giles off the left, Archer coming in from the right would make sense. 

pretty spot on for me, with the amount of players Villa have now in every position, its hard to see him even getting on the Villa bench atm, it wouldnt at all shock me if we do go in for him; of course a permanent move would be great but part of me thinks it will probably be a loan, plus with Kel looking more likely to go i think we'll need to add to the forward area

Mavididi, Archer and another couple and I'd say thats a really good window for us

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Where is this guys ceiling? Is he good for championship only? Or should we go up will he be a player than can get you top half?

For <10m it doesn't matter. 

He signs for a Championship wage, if we go up and he isn't good enough, we probably sell him back down to the Championship again for about the same amount and not a great deal is lost. 

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Was expecting more movement on this by now. 

Unlikely to get finalised before we fly out. 

Once Barnes has gone we can expect the new round of midfield and attacking signings. 

Could do with a special talent on the right side :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Once Barnes has gone we can expect the new round of midfield and attacking signings. 

Cheers @Sambiasso. Are you referring to Mavididi as the "special talent on the right side" here...? Or another name 👀

Just now, CloudFox said:

Cheers @Sambiasso. Are you referring to Mavididi as the "special talent on the right side" here...? Or another name 👀

Cole Palmer innit

THATS A GUESS

But wouldn`t we expect another Man City youngster (or two?)

Edited by Dahnsouff

10 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Oh you sexy little tease

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Where is this guys ceiling? Is he good for championship only? Or should we go up will he be a player than can get you top half?

12th, 13th, 8th in Ligue 1 at Montpellier so at the very least lower PL standard. Maresca strikes me as a good coach as well as manager - I think he has the ability to improve a player rather than just deploy them well.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Hahaha why not just tell us a name instead of all these riddles and teases😂

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Nah he's destined for bigger than us. 

Other name, currently away with his club. Player is keen but unlikely to get him until after the season starts. 

Carney Chukwuemeka was mentioned as an alternative to Casadei, don't think he's too keen on coming back to the championship. 

Don't suppose they're away in the US right now?