Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Success rate of attacking players

We haven’t signed any for years who can be considered a success. I'm having to go back to Maddison in 2018 but he’s not a winger or a striker, then Iheanacho in 2017 but thats debatable apart from half a season behind closed doors.

I’ve wrote off Perez, Under, Tete, Daka, Ghezzal as failures. Albrighton remains our only right winger after Mahrez left 5 years ago.

Have we got a phobia of signing forwards? The success rate is appalling but we’re going to have to do something this transfer window.

Yeah. 

We’ve got a bit of cash to spend now it would seem and there is a desperate need for new attacking players. Bit worrying.

I think what we do in the market from now will make or break our season.

Not really sure what to expect from us!

17 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

We haven’t signed any for years who can be considered a success. I'm having to go back to Maddison in 2018 but he’s not a winger or a striker, then Iheanacho in 2017 but thats debatable apart from half a season behind closed doors.

I’ve wrote off Perez, Under, Tete, Daka, Ghezzal as failures. Albrighton remains our only right winger after Mahrez left 5 years ago.

Have we got a phobia of signing forwards? The success rate is appalling but we’re going to have to do something this transfer window.

We could have got Lookman he was decent

League
Matches
Goals
Assists
Yellow
Red

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Attacking players in the Championship is a different kettle of fish compared to the Premier League. Anthony Knockaert was sublime in the Championship, we all loved him and he became a cult icon. But he couldn't do it in the Premier League, not for us, and not for the other teams he played for.

So I am not too worried about this division, it's more that IF we get up, will these players be good enough and / or how do we find good players then?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Attacking players in the Championship is a different kettle of fish compared to the Premier League. Anthony Knockaert was sublime in the Championship, we all loved him and he became a cult icon. But he couldn't do it in the Premier League, not for us, and not for the other teams he played for.

So I am not too worried about this division, it's more that IF we get up, will these players be good enough and / or how do we find good players then?

you don’t get away without the work ethic or  the pace in the top level. 

That’s why you get weird instances like bobby cordova reid doing better than someone like knocky despite one quite clearly having a load more talent. 

I think people do need to get their heads around the fact that the championship is completely different to how it was even 5 years ago. quality wise it’s probably next after ligue 1 these days… which is why a successful player in the championship tends to make the step up better than someone from somewhere like belgium. 

It’s because of this that i don’t get carried away with the comments about ‘such-and-such player being too good for this league’. Someone like daka or soumare would still have an awful lot to improve on to make the desired impact.  If we look even a little closer to home, Albrighton who many would expect to be a huge asset at this level had a pretty horrid time at west brom… he arguably would have been starting for us if he had stayed.  I just think we can’t get complacent at all, we need to get an awful lot of decisions right to get out of this league. 

• Like 1

When you play one striker, and that striker is arguably our greatest ever player, it’s always going to be hard for anyone else to be a success. So for strikers I’m not really worried.

The wingers have been more of an issue Barnes coming through the ranks has been brilliant for us on the left, so it’s only really the right wing where we haven’t ever replaced our best winger of all time (sorry Keith).

We have been so fortunate over the past 10 years or so, to see some of the best players in Europe run out at the KP and it’s hard now when we compare them to average players for us to see average as good.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

The fact we chose against keeping him just adds to the argument really. Our success rate for such players must be about 20%. Shocking, really 

Yeah the fact we opted out of this deal is crazy. It’s rare you find a player who was happy to be a part of the rotation, wasn’t demanding to be in the starting 11 every week and putting up the numbers he was for such a cheap fee. Head scratcher.

Our recruitment has been total shite since getting aspirations of maintaining European spots.

The thing I often look at as more worrying than some of the crap we've signed is some of the the players we've missed out on but clearly wanted who have gone on to be flops wherever they've ended up. And for potentially big money too. We didn't get Trincao despite apparently being willing to offer £40mill, he went Wolves and was largely a load of old shit. Linked heavily with CDK (though whether we had the money to buy him is a different matter) went to Milan, now they're looking to get rid. Too early to tell with Madueke, and I suspect we were originally interested because the mooted fee wasn't a joke at first, but he's done nothing at all since the summer we went after him, albeit with injury problems. There's plenty more that we've been linked to that we hear bugger all about.