Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrentFox

Final league position in '23-'24 season

Finishing position this season  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish in the league?

• Automatic promotion
    • Play-offs
    • Top half
    • Bottom half
    • Relegation zone

Guest Mee-9

My prediction:

Vardy leaves to Forest on a free, we need to offload the wage bills. To replace him we manage to get Yakubu back in. Half the fan base riot and throw bricks through the hospitality section as despite the Yak scoring 45 goals in 20 games, they hate the fact he doesn't run. Faes continues to play at the back leading to an average of 3 goals a game conceded, with 2 coming from set pieces. 

Maresca gets found out early and leaves the club in November. Gary Megson comes in and is hailed as the Saviour of the City. He manages to sort out the defence bringing Souttar in out of the Siberian cold, and all the problems melt away. Dewsbury Hall somehow turns into Xabi Alonso, and he's popping them in like Paul Gallagher on steroids from long range. 

Megson scrapes 6th place on the last game of the season, and we get Sunderland in the playoffs semi. We shit house a 1-0 win in the first leg at home as Gabor Bori (January signing to return to the KP) at the age of 40 nods in a winner kop end last minute. We then park the bus second leg and somehow get to Wembley.

At Wembley we meet the formidable Leeds who were 2 goals away on goal difference from staying up. Piroe in the Leeds shirt rivals Yakubu for the golden boot. But after a dismal game, Luke Thomas in the 94th minute whips a corner in, and it hits the Yak who's fallen over his own shoelace and has gone in. 

We are back in the big leagues. Premier League. Megson is taken immediately to Thailand and is paraded around on Elephants as the Thai people pray at his feet and bin off the Buddha's as the real God is ginger. 

Top sells Leicester to a consortium led by Les Dennis, The Teletubbies and the ghost of Robert Mugabe as he realises he can't fund the push forward to the Champions League again. Tinky Winky becomes the Chairman and the club swap the clap banners for the first game of the Premier League season for Amanda Holden masks, celebrating Les Dennis' biggest achievement in life. 

A rollercoaster. 

based off of where we are right now, we are a long way off of automatic promotion imo. 

We have solid foundations but if we don’t fill in the blanks well we won’t be stomping the league. The issue you also have to consider is that our key players aren’t going to be available all season. 

winks, coady, vardy, ricardo, kdh.

Its unlikely they will ever all be available at the same time: 

i’m personally expecting a desperate club to come in for nacho in the last week. 

The Championship is an extremely tough league especially for the three teams who lose out in the playoff round. Leicester obviously need to aim for a top two finish but until the window closes & we know who will be here it is difficult to call.

I still think we will see another four players leave with 3 to 5 incoming but with the window not closing till after the season opens the first few games could be very interesting.

I like the way Enzo talks about the game but we need to see if the players have the quality to play his style.

59 minutes ago, Warks_Mackem said:

You’ll be top 2 along with Southampton.

The quality of this division is shocking.

Interestingly a Sunderland fan at work said the same thing to me. No doubt Mowbray will do his usual and be within the top 6 but just miss out.

I still think Middlesbrough will be up there.

• Like 1