Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

55 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

It's just the lack of imagination for me.

We must have a whole team of data analysts and scouts etc, looking far and wide for emerging talent...yet we are signing Harry Winks from Spurs...for £10m. Late 20's, low ceiling, sideways and backwards passer.

I'm not sure there is any point in us even having a recruitment team at this point! lol

Yes i know what you mean.  It's something we've never been very good at until recent times. Chilwell Barnes, KDH.

With the new facilites at Seagrave on offer it should improve things going forward. A least we should be able to attract better talent.

To get success you have to have someone who can spot that talent at a young age, Then you have to be able to convince them of what it takes to reach the top. Some think they've already made it when they get to a big club.

I expect it will take around 10 years to see any kind of stream of talent coming from Seagrave.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some comments from Palace fans:

"This would be an amazing move for him provided he plays enough. Was expecting him to go on loan to a team further down the expected table. Shaping up nicely for him to be our Olise replacement but I think we'll surely have to buy another winger now we're even lighter in that position."

"Direct goalscoring right-winger. He's the biggest talent to come out of our academy since Zaha, we have very high hopes for him. Did very well on loan at Charlton last season and was their player of the season."

I mean, not to sound like a proper up my own ass bigger club fan, but this is actually a dangerous move for them, if they have high hopes for him. 

If he does well, well enough for us to want him permanently, and if we go up he could well fancy a permanent move here over staying at Palace. No doubt about it, we're a bigger and better club, just had a nightmare of a season. They're talking as if we're Bristol City or Birmingham.

This is like us getting excited if Spurs or even someone like West Ham had been relegated and we're in the premier league and we're loaning Alves to them. 

There's a lot of ifs and buts in there and I know just how arrogant this statement comes across, but if things go to plan (and I'm still not convinced they will by the way) we are just as likely to be competing against them again next season and probably viewed as the more attractive destination to potential future players 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've 10 players contracts up next summer, even more than we've had this summer. We can't keep doing this shit. 

We can’t but could be good with a promotion and a big war chest to get players in to keep us up and stabilise not having to worrying about moving players on?

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've 10 players contracts up next summer, even more than we've had this summer. We can't keep doing this shit. 

Just had a horrible vision of us promoted (not that bit) then being in  Forest type scramble for 10 + premier league players 

Rudkin at the helm 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Just had a horrible vision of us promoted (not that bit) then being in  Forest type scramble for 10 + premier league players 

Rudkin at the helm 

All signed after the deadline to get them in the team for the 1st game of the season lol

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very big talent, I watched him for their U23s vs us a few seasons ago and he was devastating. 

I raised some caution on this a few weeks ago though, he is primed to do well in the Championship all Harvey Barnes in 2018/19 and be called back in January. That's the risk of loaning players outside the big clubs from the PL. For instance if Cole Palmer or Casadei come here and are mustard for the 1st y months, they are unlikely to be recalled. 

I hope any deal, includes no recall option. If we had an option to sign as well then I'll do unSPAAAAKEable things.

I know it's a bit of a risky justification, but if that does happen and we're there or thereabouts, at least we'd probably be quite appealing to other loan targets at that time - i know it's not ideal, but i'm trying to suggest it might not be a complete catastrophe and, if he's good enough, probably worth the risk :dunno:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I know it's a bit of a risky justification, but if that does happen and we're there or thereabouts, at least we'd probably be quite appealing to other loan targets at that time - i know it's not ideal, but i'm trying to suggest it might not be a complete catastrophe and, if he's good enough, probably worth the risk :dunno:

I'd definitely take the risk but I'd also not want it to be the only right winger signing either. Options, it's a long and relentless season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

yes wasteful maybe is a little harsh. Like someone said if his decision making was class he would be in the top 6.

At the end of the day (or week, i suppose) - such a trait might be the lesser of many alternative ills - we're not desperate yet, but time and options are running out, no loan player is likely to have everything nailed on, i'd rather have wasteful than injury prone or regularly caught in possession...

4 hours ago, inckley fox said:

You do. A few years ago Palace were mopping these sorts up, and some fans were suggesting that we could do the same. Now seems like a good time to belatedly start, though I get the impression our scouts were also infected by the club's 'oh no we'll never go down' disease, and are still picking up the more affordable options from our PL scouting (in addition to perhaps a bunch of loanees which agents and clubs are no doubt pushing for us to develop on behalf of PL outfits). I don't see any evidence of there having been a contingency in our recruitment for finding ourselves at this level, at least not in terms of trying to invest in players for the long-term.

I suppose at the time we were looking mainly to strengthen for europe, so the focus tended to be players with european experience - but absolutely, we should have been buying players like this for the academy....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I mean, not to sound like a proper up my own ass bigger club fan, but this is actually a dangerous move for them, if they have high hopes for him. 

If he does well, well enough for us to want him permanently, and if we go up he could well fancy a permanent move here over staying at Palace. No doubt about it, we're a bigger and better club, just had a nightmare of a season. They're talking as if we're Bristol City or Birmingham.

This is like us getting excited if Spurs or even someone like West Ham had been relegated and we're in the premier league and we're loaning Alves to them. 

There's a lot of ifs and buts in there and I know just how arrogant this statement comes across, but if things go to plan (and I'm still not convinced they will by the way) we are just as likely to be competing against them again next season and probably viewed as the more attractive destination to potential future players 

This is comedy gold.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd definitely take the risk but I'd also not want it to be the only right winger signing either. Options, it's a long and relentless season.

Agree - and if we can get this guy now, it gives us a bit of time to get someone else throughout august.