Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

IF we get this done, and the Casadei loan, especially if we can get it wrapped up this week, would mean we've done pretty much as well as can be expected in the window, up to the point before a ball is kicked, IMO.

There will obviously be a lot more movement in the rest of the window, but get off to a couple of wins, and this will filter into the mindset regarding any more moves going through to the end of the window.

Edited by FoxinNotts

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Just don't look at the depth chart lol

Only internationals like Ward (:ph34r:), Castagne, Vestergaard, Kristiansen, Souttar, Justin, Ndidi, Daka and Praet :)

We're in a good place in terms of quality. Few more additions to the number 8 positions and on the wing and we're ready IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Don't worry this will probably be my Tete moment, he'll come and be shite 😭 Fortunately I don't have Ric's profile on here so I'll survive. 

Blackett-Taylor may even the more naturally gifted dribbler and ball carrier but his end product is so often dreadful don't you think?  Shoots when a pass is on feels like everytime.  Such a shame as he really is talented.    

Just feel Raks more often than not has the awareness to pick a pass rather than be selfish.  

I watched Blackett-Taylor, one game, literally was ready to get back on the phone saying he's the next John Barnes. Watched him again and well . . . 

We shall see if we get the signing over the line. Its very difficult to judge without knowing who we will have up front. Daka and Vardy need precise balls in behind whereas Kels will come and collect, which might suit him better.

I was interested by Tete, but apart from Villa his upper body strength meant he was often out of games. Interesting to read Everton maybe interested,  not sure what they saw.

Anyway, lets hope im completely wrong and we get Jes and he tears left backs into little pieces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I watched Blackett-Taylor, one game, literally was ready to get back on the phone saying he's the next John Barnes. Watched him again and well . . . 

We shall see if we get the signing over the line. Its very difficult to judge without knowing who we will have up front. Daka and Vardy need precise balls in behind whereas Kels will come and collect, which might suit him better.

I was interested by Tete, but apart from Villa his upper body strength meant he was often out of games. Interesting to read Everton maybe interested,  not sure what they saw.

Anyway, lets hope im completely wrong and we get Jes and he tears left backs into little pieces.

Didn't you know Ric does a bit of scouting for Everton? 

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The "loan from Palace" comments people need to get over themselves. This time next year the two clubs could quite easily be the other way around. Remember when we loaned Waghorn from massive Sunderland. Then look what happened in the next 10 years. 

If anything (perhaps with blue tinted specs on) I’d be a bit intimidated if I was Palace. We take one of their best prospects on loan, and if in a years time we get back up I think we’d be a bit more of an attractive proposition for him on a permanent deal should he do well here and become a bit of a fan favourite.

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Too true.

Palace aren’t big enough to loan out their best young players so the scenario will be either he’s sh1t or, if he does well, they’ll recall him in January. Similar to what we did with Harvey Barnes and West Brom.

Our new reality :(

.. Palace loaned out Ebiowe last season, a RW they picked up from Derby for free!!!

Ebiowei may have stolen a march on him, but he should have been someone we should have been aware of. Oliver was a player I suggested that we sought to pick up for our RW, that would have been about £5m at the time. His price is now showing as 38m euros on Transfer Market.

2 hours ago, Ryy said:

Loan from palace how we’ve fallen 💀 

But this is the sort of loan signing that could work in our favour. Without trying to sound all high and mighty (because we're blatantly not at the moment) but if things go well, if we go up and this guy performs well for us, this is the sort of loan signing we have more of a chance making a permanent one. 

Definitely a case of ifs and buts but this kid is an exciting prospect and probably someone we wouldn't have thought twice about if we were still in the premier league. It may be a loan from Palace, but it's a good loan 

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The "loan from Palace" comments people need to get over themselves. This time next year the two clubs could quite easily be the other way around. Remember when we loaned Waghorn from massive Sunderland. Then look what happened in the next 10 years. 

Waghorn comparison is a bit of a weird one to try and make.

When we got him on loan from Sunderland they were in the Prem and we had just been promoted from League One.

We have finished above Palace in 7 of the last 8 seasons and now we are helping to develop their players.

Don't get me wrong I really like the signing if it happens, just annoying that as a result of relegation this is something we are having to resort to.

No different to being annoyed that Forest could come in and take our best players now if they wanted to, even though we have spent the last 10+ years above them.

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Waghorn comparison is a bit of a weird one to try and make.

When we got him on loan from Sunderland they were in the Prem and we had just been promoted from League One.

We have finished above Palace in 7 of the last 8 seasons and now we are helping to develop their players.

Don't get me wrong I really like the signing if it happens, just annoying that as a result of relegation this is something we are having to resort to.

No different to being annoyed that Forest could come in and take our best players now if they wanted to, even though we have spent the last 10+ years above them.

We also loaned a player from Swansea and won the league.

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Nothing against the player but it really is a vomit in mouth moment when you’re signing Palace players on loan 

That’s what being relegated looks like. Nowhere to hide from the abomination of it all. We allowed it to happen and now we have to live the reality 😞

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 1

Just now, TrentFox said:

That’s what being related looks like. Nowhere to hide from the abomination of it all. We allowed it to happen and now we have to live the reality 😞

Guessing you’re not a family man, then?

• Haha 3