Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I mean if he wasn't a LITTLE BIT wasteful he'd be scoring 30 goals and getting 15 assists a season and he'd be playing for a top 4 side and in the England squad... so yeah... he can be a bit wasteful if he delivers those numbers for us lol 

League One is very different to the Championship. He could easily out pace a defender, cut back and have several options. For me, he made the wrong choice too much, but in the spirit of being positive, I'll say he can run, he can scare defenders and with some good coaching, there is a player there.

sorry to be negative all, ive been wrong a few times, so ill happily be wrong again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Have watched him many a time for Charlton. 

Nice stats but a no from me, very wasteful.

Unfortunately, fbref don't hold xG stats for League One so I'd have to spend more than two minutes digging which I can't be arsed to do on my lunch break. 

But he averaged less shots per game than Barnes last year with a higher accuracy (both quite marginally), they have near identical goals per shot and goals per shot on target. 

In fact, other than he provided a lot more assists than Barnes last year they actually have extremely similar profiles in terms of product (albeit at a much lower level.)

It's not really the profile of an overly wasteful player. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Unfortunately, fbref don't hold xG stats for League One so I'd have to spend more than two minutes digging which I can't be arsed to do on my lunch break. 

But he averaged less shots per game than Barnes last year with a higher accuracy (both quite marginally), they have near identical goals per shot and goals per shot on target. 

In fact, other than he provided a lot more assists than Barnes last year they actually have extremely similar profiles in terms of product (albeit at a much lower level.)

It's not really the profile of an overly wasteful player. 

Fair enough if stats are what you go by. Barnes was playing in the Premier League, just to bear in mind.

• Like 1

Very big talent, I watched him for their U23s vs us a few seasons ago and he was devastating. 

I raised some caution on this a few weeks ago though, he is primed to do well in the Championship all Harvey Barnes in 2018/19 and be called back in January. That's the risk of loaning players outside the big clubs from the PL. For instance if Cole Palmer or Casadei come here and are mustard for the 1st y months, they are unlikely to be recalled. 

I hope any deal, includes no recall option. If we had an option to sign as well then I'll do unSPAAAAKEable things.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Fair enough if stats are what you go by. Barnes was playing in the Premier League, just to bear in mind.

And we're not in the Premier League this year. 

I'm not a complete slave to stats (honestly!) and a quick glance at one website isn't definitive, I do respect the fact you've seen this kid play a fair few times. 

But equally I do think that confirmation bias comes in to this quite a bit when people get preconceptions about a player, especially players in his position. You hear a lot that they're "wasteful" because a chance will go awry but I think people lack perspective of what good productivity actually is. 

0.59 goals or assists every lot of 90 minutes for a mid table team is pretty solid output by anyone's standards and decision making can be improved upon with coaching and experience. 

Edit: ahem, got my per 90s slightly backwards there. He's not Haaland! 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Have watched him many a time for Charlton. 

Nice stats but a no from me, very wasteful.

Think for his age you'd expect decision making to not be the best. I think with Enzo we need to back ourselves to coach players to be better at these sorts of things.

Fingers crossed we get him for me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

sorry but I have to be honest. 

...Great to have that type of feedback, we need to see this from more than one angle!!!

With wingers who like to take their fullbacks on, there is a tendency to hold on to the ball too much or too long, and neglecting to make the pass at the right time.

With more experience and the coaching he will get should he come here, it might just sharpen up his knowledge and attitude to the game.

He looks a very exciting player, and if his goal returns are such even though perceived as "wasteful"  then we have scope for a massive upside.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very big talent, I watched him for their U23s vs us a few seasons ago and he was devastating. 

I raised some caution on this a few weeks ago though, he is primed to do well in the Championship all Harvey Barnes in 2018/19 and be called back in January. That's the risk of loaning players outside the big clubs from the PL. For instance if Cole Palmer or Casadei come here and are mustard for the 1st y months, they are unlikely to be recalled. 

I hope any deal, includes no recall option. If we had an option to sign as well then I'll do unSPAAAAKEable things.

someone clip that, surely got to keep it just in case:ph34r:

actually surprised Palace are interested in letting him go, Olise could easily move before the end of the window too

unless they have more irons in the fire in regards transfers too

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Great to have that type of feedback, we need to see this from more than one angle!!!

With wingers who like to take their fullbacks on, there is a tendency to hold on to the ball too much or too long, and neglecting to make the pass at the right time.

With more experience and the coaching he will get should he come here, it might just sharpen up his knowledge and attitude to the game.

He looks a very exciting player, and if his goal returns are such even though perceived as "wasteful"  then we have scope for a massive upside.

yes wasteful maybe is a little harsh. Like someone said if his decision making was class he would be in the top 6.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I would imagine he is going to command a loan fee, usually you can throw in a couple extra quid to remove a recall clause… hopefully Rudkin has half a brain cell and does so.

Also another reason why bringing 3 wingers is a minimum just incase recall clauses are included.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1

I'd rather have won the league, fa cup, charity/community shield and been relegated only to sign this lad on loan then to have been a palace fan during that same time. 

Ya it sucks developing their player but we are scratching eachothers backs hoping to get back to being a shite team like them in the epl. On second thought, should we just stay in the championship? Haha

Looks decent from that twitter post but i admit to not knowing much about this guy. 

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1