Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

That’s what being related looks like. Nowhere to hide from the abomination of it all. We allowed it to happen and now we have to live the reality 😞

Could be worse...I've got 6 fingers...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

And a player from Stoke…

no, we'd signed him by then, also those weren't young players but 2 that were out of favour so there was always a chance we could buy them

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Waghorn comparison is a bit of a weird one to try and make.

When we got him on loan from Sunderland they were in the Prem and we had just been promoted from League One.

We have finished above Palace in 7 of the last 8 seasons and now we are helping to develop their players.

Don't get me wrong I really like the signing if it happens, just annoying that as a result of relegation this is something we are having to resort to.

No different to being annoyed that Forest could come in and take our best players now if they wanted to, even though we have spent the last 10+ years above them.

But that's the state of modern day football, if anyone from outside of the top 6-8 clubs went down, anyone left in the premier league, and those that went up to replace them would stand a very good chance of taking their best players, and those that went down would be taking loans from bottom half premier league teams 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But that's the state of modern day football, if anyone from outside of the top 6-8 clubs went down, anyone left in the premier league, and those that went up to replace them would stand a very good chance of taking their best players, and those that went down would be taking loans from bottom half premier league teams 

Could be a permanent move next season if clubs change divisions. As you say that is the present reality for clubs like us and Palace.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

We also loaned a player from Swansea and won the league.

Ahh… the exception that breaks the rule.

A bit like when people use the example of Jamie Vardy who is generally the exception to any rule 

We were in the Premier league for 9 years staright, and in that time our academy produced ONE wide player in Barnes who played any meanwhile games for us. So the reasons we have to resort to signing these kind of players can be a number of factors, but I would say the most alarming for is how absolutely shite our academy is 

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He'd be a cracking signing. He looks quality. I'm actually quite surprised Palace would loan him out given Zaha's gone.

They’ve just signed that Brazilian kid for a decent amount though haven’t they. With Eze & Olise as well he’d be better off getting more experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

For someone with 15 goals and 8 assists, You have to ask the question.

Where was our recruitment team when he was with Charlton. We should have been all over him then.

Now, We're having to rely on a favour from Palace.

You do. A few years ago Palace were mopping these sorts up, and some fans were suggesting that we could do the same. Now seems like a good time to belatedly start, though I get the impression our scouts were also infected by the club's 'oh no we'll never go down' disease, and are still picking up the more affordable options from our PL scouting (in addition to perhaps a bunch of loanees which agents and clubs are no doubt pushing for us to develop on behalf of PL outfits). I don't see any evidence of there having been a contingency in our recruitment for finding ourselves at this level, at least not in terms of trying to invest in players for the long-term.

• Like 1

Some comments from Palace fans:

"This would be an amazing move for him provided he plays enough. Was expecting him to go on loan to a team further down the expected table. Shaping up nicely for him to be our Olise replacement but I think we'll surely have to buy another winger now we're even lighter in that position."

"Direct goalscoring right-winger. He's the biggest talent to come out of our academy since Zaha, we have very high hopes for him. Did very well on loan at Charlton last season and was their player of the season."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

Was on loan at Charlton from Palace.

I am definitely up for piling on our recruitment team though...if you have anything else?

Sorry my mistake I thought Palace had signed him from Charlton.

Congerton and Rogers were chancers when it came to signings.

I just hope Glover does as good a job here.  

16 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Sorry my mistake I thought Palace had signed him from Charlton.

Congerton and Rogers were chancers when it came to signings.

I just hope Glover does as good a job here.  

It's just the lack of imagination for me.

We must have a whole team of data analysts and scouts etc, looking far and wide for emerging talent...yet we are signing Harry Winks from Spurs...for £10m. Late 20's, low ceiling, sideways and backwards passer.

I'm not sure there is any point in us even having a recruitment team at this point! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

The "loan from Palace" comments people need to get over themselves. This time next year the two clubs could quite easily be the other way around. Remember when we loaned Waghorn from massive Sunderland. Then look what happened in the next 10 years. 

That's in a way why it's a bit odd though. There's no disputing they've above us but I'd be surprised in some ways for them to give us a leg up.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

They’ve just signed that Brazilian kid for a decent amount though haven’t they. With Eze & Olise as well he’d be better off getting more experience. 

That one had totally passed me by tbh.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

For someone with 15 goals and 8 assists, You have to ask the question.

Where was our recruitment team when he was with Charlton. We should have been all over him then.

Now, We're having to rely on a favour from Palace.

What? He was on loan at Charlton though.