Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why wouldn’t you want loans? Two or three loan players every season keeps you ticking over nicely. Need more loans rather than players going out of contract, which is much more harmful in the long run. 

Loans are great in the Championship agreed.  Although too many any you have key gaps to fill on promotion.  In the Prem you really only want loans which are of a quality you could never sign or develop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why wouldn’t you want loans? Two or three loan players every season keeps you ticking over nicely. Need more loans rather than players going out of contract, which is much more harmful in the long run. 

If utilised properly, it can be a god send. And then if we get back to the premier league we can simply go out and start looking for replacements straight away without the need to sell anyone. 

• Like 2

I would be pleased with this as he seems highly rated and he may even want to stay if we go up.

Seems a weird move from Palace though given the sale of Zaha.

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I would be pleased with this as he seems highly rated and he may even want to stay if we go up.

Seems a weird move from Palace though given the sale of Zaha.

They probably want to see how he does in the championship first before making a decision. Plus they’ve got Olise and Eze, so that probably covers them for now, and they’ve signed a new winger too haven’t they? 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They probably want to see how he does in the championship first before making a decision. Plus they’ve got Olise and Eze, so that probably covers them for now, and they’ve signed a new winger too haven’t they? 

Trouble is what's already been alluded to on this thread. 

If he turns out to be outstanding and we go up, they might end up with a player who wants to stay here. Although they've been in the Premier League for a decade now, their performances have fluctuated between midtable and relegation dog fights. They do look like a club who will eventually drop. He may well conclude our ceiling is higher if we're promoted, especially given recent history. 

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 1

Just now, Simmo86 said:

Romano saying Man City might activate Olise release clause, not sure what impact that will have on this move!

Just do a Leicester and end the window worse off than you started 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, TheFiveTime said:

not interested in loans - sorry

You’ve never played football manager and started in the 1st or 2nd Division, have you? :rolleyes:

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He was the Mahrez replacement and I said that before Palace signed him, still annoys me.

...was advocating that we picked him up around the same time!!!

Bringing in Eze was also something that we should have looked to do. We were far too busy chasing big names and looking around the £40m plus price,  market for players that never came.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...was advocating that we picked him up around the same time!!!

Bringing in Eze was also something that we should have looked to do. We were far too busy chasing big names and looking around the £40m plus price,  market for players that never came.

Same with olise

at the time Olise, Eze, Bowen, Mbeumo, Hickey, 

All seemed like sensible affordable transfers that got called out on here and we were linked with. At the time we were flying high aswell. Shame the model changed and the rest is history. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Same with olise

at the time Olise, Eze, Bowen, Mbeumo, Hickey, 

All seemed like sensible affordable transfers that got called out on here and we were linked with. At the time we were flying high aswell. Shame the model changed and the rest is history. 

Eze especially. He was really highly talked up here, I had seen him play live a few times. He was just so obviously good.

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wake up and smell the bacon, "pride" for any club disappeared years ago with the rise of Social Media. Mason Mount was Chelsea till he died... till he ran off to Man Utd because they offered him more money. Jordan Henderson was the Liverpool Captain, stood up for gay rights and sang YNWA, then sold his soul for the insane riches of the Arab league.

We have too many dinosaurs on here, it's time to get with the times. Players play for their own brands now, Cristiano Ronaldo has more followers on Instagram than any other person on the planet. That is measurable and monetisable social capital that he and all other players are only too happy to use. All players use Leicester City as a springboard for bigger moves, Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Fofana, all of them. Vardy the only exception and only because of his age, had we had him age 24 he'd have been off to an elite club too.

Not sure that's true he had his chance to go to arsenal turned them down

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...where does the pride of the team comes from, when players are not affiliated with the club!!!

It may be a trend to go this way, but you lose a lot more when we are loaning. We do not want to continually break a team down every season and start again.

You're proud of your team because a lot of the players are actually signed rather than loaned by the club?

I really don't care and I'm sure most fans feel the same way about it, if we're winning due to loan players then I'm happy and proud of my team.

You've alluded to this, I believe, about players being 'one of our own'. Again, personally I couldn't give a monkeys, enjooyed and loved Mahrez far more than I did Barnes or KDH.

I'm happy that Lineker is 'one of our own' but he cleared off sharpish and it's only becuse he bangs on about us on MOTD (or did) that I'm bothered.

16 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You're proud of your team because a lot of the players are actually signed rather than loaned by the club?

I really don't care and I'm sure most fans feel the same way about it, if we're winning due to loan players then I'm happy and proud of my team.

You've alluded to this, I believe, about players being 'one of our own'. Again, personally I couldn't give a monkeys, enjooyed and loved Mahrez far more than I did Barnes or KDH.

I'm happy that Lineker is 'one of our own' but he cleared off sharpish and it's only becuse he bangs on about us on MOTD (or did) that I'm bothered.

...one of our own, does not mean a Leicester boy or someone who has come through our academy!!!

You may feel quite comfortable with a team where we have copious loanees, it is not something that makes me thrilled to be backing players on a 8-month stay. We all support the team and see things in different ways.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...one of our own, does not mean a Leicester boy or someone who has come through our academy!!!

You may feel quite comfortable with a team where we have copious loanees, it is not something that makes me thrilled to be backing players on a 8-month stay. We all support the team and see things in different ways.

Indeed we do, I was just replying to your 'my post was from the supporters' perspective, nothing about the integrity of the players!!!' 

It was almost as if you were assuming that all fans felt as you do, my point was that I, and many that I know, don't feel that way, results are more important and whether the players are ours or on loan is secondary to that.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

When teams lack capital, loans can sometimes be the only way to complete the team required.

In League One, I imagine our capital, while higher than our competitors was restricted.

we loaned a total of ten players, 7 of which I would argue to have had a considerable impact on us winning the league.

Davies, Cleverly, Martin, Hobbs, Brown, Stockdale, Gilbert.

This was a sign of the times rather than something I imagine Pearson and the SLT wanted to do. We escaped on the first time of asking (look at how many big teams havent) and we will look to do that this season, I've said I am not sure this particular player is the answer but he was have to utilise the loan market while we are unable to create more budget and capital with the lack of outgoings.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Still can’t believe we didn’t go for him when he was in the champ. One of the most obvious transfers you’ll ever have! 

As with so much about this club - who knows if we did or didn't go in for him; just because it isn't reported doesn't mean there was no interest.

• Like 2