Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

Just now, dayday said:

It’s a breath of fresh air we’re linked with a lot of wingers, did get worrying a few gays ago, feeling a lot more confident now with Maresca and his vision for the club 

Now now!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I mean, not to sound like a proper up my own ass bigger club fan, but this is actually a dangerous move for them, if they have high hopes for him. 

If he does well, well enough for us to want him permanently, and if we go up he could well fancy a permanent move here over staying at Palace. No doubt about it, we're a bigger and better club, just had a nightmare of a season. They're talking as if we're Bristol City or Birmingham.

This is like us getting excited if Spurs or even someone like West Ham had been relegated and we're in the premier league and we're loaning Alves to them. 

There's a lot of ifs and buts in there and I know just how arrogant this statement comes across, but if things go to plan (and I'm still not convinced they will by the way) we are just as likely to be competing against them again next season and probably viewed as the more attractive destination to potential future players 

25 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

This is comedy gold.

I understand where both of you are coming from! Especially if Palace go down and we go up, there could be a situation where a player forces a move. But there are a few too many 'ifs' there, and there's also the flipside whereby we're improving a potential first-teamer for one of our post-promotion relegation rivals. And unless we pick up some long-term investments of our own, we'll be returning to the PL with an ageing squad, and little prospect of returning to the old 'buy young, and buy to sustain' model, whereas Palace will be doing considerably better than us on that score.

28 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I understand where both of you are coming from! Especially if Palace go down and we go up, there could be a situation where a player forces a move. But there are a few too many 'ifs' there, and there's also the flipside whereby we're improving a potential first-teamer for one of our post-promotion relegation rivals. And unless we pick up some long-term investments of our own, we'll be returning to the PL with an ageing squad, and little prospect of returning to the old 'buy young, and buy to sustain' model, whereas Palace will be doing considerably better than us on that score.

On the flip side again, though, if we don't improve him, who else does? Leeds, Southampton, Boro, Sunderland or another side with a reasonable shout of promotion?

If palace do loan him to us I would wonder where he'd fit for them long term because if Olise does go and they let Rak out on loan perhaps that means they'll spend whatever sizeable fee they get on an instant replacement. Which would be good for us. If they do want to bring him into the fold though I think people need to forget the idea he'll fall in love with us over staying there. He's a London lad after all and he's coming to us for development, not because he's unwanted. Of course promotion and an offer that gets them thinking would be welcome if he steps up.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding loans, you can just think of it as a player who is signed for one season then departs. We signed Cambiasso and Kante for single seasons and neither turned out too badly. Yes we made money on Kante but we also risked money upfront. 

There is a huge financial gulf between the elite teams at the top and us. Man United and Arsenal just signed bumper kit deals. I think we have to be realistic, I think we should be loaning players every season. Perez, Praet, Soumare and Daka were signed on big fees and wages and didn’t perform. We can’t get too many signings like that wrong. Sucks to say but it’s the pragmatic thing to do. 

...where does the pride of the team comes from, when players are not affiliated with the club!!!

It may be a trend to go this way, but you lose a lot more when we are loaning. We do not want to continually break a team down every season and start again.

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wake up and smell the bacon, "pride" for any club disappeared years ago with the rise of Social Media. Mason Mount was Chelsea till he died... till he ran off to Man Utd because they offered him more money. Jordan Henderson was the Liverpool Captain, stood up for gay rights and sang YNWA, then sold his soul for the insane riches of the Arab league.

We have too many dinosaurs on here, it's time to get with the times. Players play for their own brands now, Cristiano Ronaldo has more followers on Instagram than any other person on the planet. That is measurable and monetisable social capital that he and all other players are only too happy to use. All players use Leicester City as a springboard for bigger moves, Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Fofana, all of them. Vardy the only exception and only because of his age, had we had him age 24 he'd have been off to an elite club too.

...not sure why you went down this line, my post was from the supporters' perspective, nothing about the integrity of the players!!!

• Haha 1