Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Guest Sideshow Faes

Liverpool have been bidding on defensive midfielders so not sure KDH even fits the profile of what they seem to be after.

Hell be great in the championship. There's a premier League player in their. Not sure he's good enough for Liverpool though, and doubtful he'd get any game time. 

£40m would be incredible business imo.

Rather a bid doesn't happen and we just keep him and not have to find replacements etc though

I’ve been guilty of judging him on the basis of a Premier League player this season. However, in the championship he could quite be the player of the season. I don’t believe being having an energetic style of play naturally equates to being more committed than your teammates, but his style of play for breaking into the box under this manager, could see him get twenty five goal involvements this season! We have to keep him for this season.

7 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

He’s never worth £30m+ after last seasons showing, along with the fact he’s almost 25, we would be mad NOT to cash in, if a bid comes in at that amount.

Who would we replace him with? Do we want to stay in the Championship 

• Like 2

2 league games, 2 goals abd an assist already, not far off beating last seasons tally. Keeps playing how he is can see him getting 10 goals 10 assists minimum! He’s got to stay now as he’s been so important to the early work Enzo has done featuring almost all the time. Times running out in the window when apparently we still want 4 in without selling a starting 11 player that we don’t want to leave! Hopefully him setting himself a specific target for the season means he’s set here for the season. 

2 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

He’s never worth £30m+ after last seasons showing, along with the fact he’s almost 25, we would be mad NOT to cash in, if a bid comes in at that amount.

Absolute tosh - we should not sell him than less £50m+ is offered - we need players for the future and hopefully after promotion and he is very underrated by our fans - he’s been outstanding so far and looks fully committed which we need a spine of caring players to drive others - he has so much upside and Enzo already has developed him in his two games - Rodger’s like with others was clueless and his development stagnated.

I hope he is one they refuse to sell as with Winks they will be the best two midfielders in the division 

• Like 1

The reason I totally disagree with the transfer window being open for so long after the season starts. Was no premier league team even half interested in him pre season and he starts like he’s on a different level in this division and the rumour mill begins. Obviously a silly bid comes in we have to cash in but it could easily back fire on us. I’m half glad Nacho has not started overly well. Had visions of him scoring four or five quick league goals and someone coming in for him. Almost happy for him to have a quiet August.  Winning ugly in August might be the way. Then start winning well when this window is shut. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I’m pretty sure that we could sign a player capable of destroying the Championship for £30m

But why sell one for £30m who works to replace him with another which is a risk ?

Your talking absolute rubbish again we should keep him thanless Liverpool or abut other Prem side wants to pay over the top like they did for Maguire or Fofana - don’t sell your best assets than less it is a no brainier we will not rebuild a competitive Prem team by just selling to anyone that makes an offer on our players !

3 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

But why sell one for £30m who works to replace him with another which is a risk ?

Your talking absolute rubbish again we should keep him thanless Liverpool or abut other Prem side wants to pay over the top like they did for Maguire or Fofana - don’t sell your best assets than less it is a no brainier we will not rebuild a competitive Prem team by just selling to anyone that makes an offer on our players !

Because he is not worth that amount of money. If we were to be promoted he would probably be slated on here again next season and fans would want rid, then bemoan turning down £30m+. If invested wisely, we could end up with a better player/s than KDH. I understand that last part is up in the air with the current regime.