Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:
Told Liverpool could make an approach for Wolves’ Matheus Nunes. Khephren Thuram is another thought to be back on the radar - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall considered a Jordan Henderson replacement.

Awesome, that automatically means Chelsea will gazump them with a £60m bid. KDH "Yeah I've always dreamed of singing a £200k p/w 8 year contract with Chelsea".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If the team that have been throwing about £60m and £110m bids on players comes in for him, this late in the window, then we are at least going to get a very good fee. Would prefer we concentrate on offloading those not part of the plans though.

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I just can’t see him playing for Liverpool… 

We should ask for huge money if we do let him go though, key player. Already looks like he could a Championship player of the year candidate. 

If he is a candidate for Championship player of the year, of course he could play for Liverpool. He is not a star player but an excellent work horse and every team needs those.

KDH has a contract until 2027 and is vital for this season, so I cannot see any pressure selling him. Neither do we have a ready replacement for him. And I can't see him downing tools if he wanted to leave because of interest, he's sensible.

Liverpool are struggling because they needs midfielders with their clearout, and Chelsea are beating them to every approach!

• Like 2

30m and we would accept I think. I would be fine with that, I would expect us to be able to bring in a player of equal quality and then some for that. I would be extremely surprised if that happened though, can’t see it. 

6 minutes ago, DezFox said:

30m and we would accept I think. I would be fine with that, I would expect us to be able to bring in a player of equal quality and then some for that. I would be extremely surprised if that happened though, can’t see it. 

"Can you buy a player as good as KDH for 30m" is a very different question to "can you convince a player as good as KDH to come to the Championship?"

The fee is irrelevant if we can't get a quality replacement. It's taken us ages to get one in Casadei and he's a loan. 

We aren't selling Dewsbury Hall. Might as well lock this thread. It straight up isn't happening. 

• Like 3

It would be madness to let him go for as low as £30m, but I don’t think Liverpool would even go to that, he’d see his value at £20/£25m based on Barnes and Maddison transfer. They’d rely on turning his head and bullying it through, it would wreck our season though, we just wouldn’t get value from it

Minimum acceptable offer has to be £60m.

The market for midfielders has changed in the last 2 weeks, and to take a young Midfielder that has shown plenty of promise, who is important to a Championship side, would take an offer that at least matches what Southampton were offered for Lavia.

I don't see this happening because KDH is unlikely to force a move, we have no reason to sell, and Liverpool would have to grossly overpay for him, and they're typically shrewd with their money.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Minimum acceptable offer has to be £60m.

The market for midfielders has changed in the last 2 weeks, and to take a young Midfielder that has shown plenty of promise, who is important to a Championship side, would take an offer that at least matches what Southampton were offered for Lavia.

I don't see this happening because KDH is unlikely to force a move, we have no reason to sell, and Liverpool would have to grossly overpay for him, and they're typically shrewd with their money.

60m😂😂😂

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

It would be madness to let him go for as low as £30m, but I don’t think Liverpool would even go to that, he’d see his value at £20/£25m based on Barnes and Maddison transfer. They’d rely on turning his head and bullying it through, it would wreck our season though, we just wouldn’t get value from it

The market has changed drastically since we sold Maddison. If we had held out, we probably could have gotten an extra 20m now. (Although it was best to sell him early imo)

You can't value him based on the Maddison and Barnes sales, you have to point to the sales of Rice, Caicedo and Lavia to judge what he's worth.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He's under contract and we're building the team around him. His head can go full Exorcist, he's not going anywhere unless they throw up money crazier than what they've just stumped up for Lavia which they won't. 

The weird self deprecating 'fans' that make out his head will be turned and we should NOW be looking for a replacement, this is of course the reaction to the Chief football correspondent for @Transfersdotcom. Some need to get a grip at every unsubstantiated social media post, all very strange. If you look at all the responses, the Liverpool fans calling him a BS artist (like Indy Kaila) and the fact it wouldn't make any sense as he'd be down the pecking order anyway.

Yes I could see him in a Klopp team but there is nothing to suggest this is happening. Enzo's main man.

• Like 3

Love KDH, but any offer over £50M would have to be taken seriously and a deal would need to be completed in days to allow time to get replacements.

I would not necessarily deny him a move to Liverpool. Remember when he had a blinder at home against them, Klopp came onto the pitch at the end and said "where have they been hiding you"

On the other hand if he is the difference between promotion or not, then he's worth over £130M minimum to us