Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Interesting to hear the commentator at the weekend say that he's set himself the target to be the best player in the division. Brilliant to hear he has that drive and self belief, 2 games in but he has looked a beast this year.

This late into the window and with how much other work we need to do in terms of players in and out I probably wouldn’t even bother entertaining any interest from Liverpool for KDH

You just know it wouldn’t be a deal done quickly and I very much doubt our ability to quickly turn it around into a replacement that would be good enough to replace someone who is clearly going to be one of our key players this season, as well as we would get overcharged for any replacement as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Genuinely. 

It's not about whether he's worth that, it's about what the value of a player of that position is to the buying club, and they set the price when the agreed to buy Lavia from Southampton for 60m.

Absolutely. KDH’s real market value is irrelevant. If Liverpool want him, we should make them pay at least what Chelsea have paid for Lavia. Not because that’s what he’s worth - because we don’t want or need to sell him.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

We have lost 75% of midfield talent already. This would be a real mistake. He is integral to the bounce straight back we need. The amount offered is almost insignificant. As the money in the bank doesn't necessarily equate to talent on the park. I for one would be quite demoralised if we sell him. As it doesn't marry with project promotion. 

• Like 1

here comes the over reactions again,

hes probably one of the players the club wouldnt sell unless we got a stupidly high bid for; 

be real if Liverpool come in for him and i doubt they will, it would take a stupid bid for the club to even think about letting him go

25 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I really like him but hes no way near technically good enough for Liverpool 

It’s a surprising link but Liverpool under Klopp have often gone for graft in the middle such as Henderson, Wijnaldum, Fabinho etc over fair and technical ability. They have had the flair from the forwards.

I’m not saying KDH is necessarily as high quality but skill set and style wise it’s not that crazy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

It’s a surprising link but Liverpool under Klopp have often gone for graft in the middle such as Henderson, Wijnaldum, Fabinho etc over fair and technical ability. They have had the flair from the forwards.

I’m not saying KDH is necessarily as high quality but skill set and style wise it’s not that crazy.

KDH does what it says on the tin and yes, not always successfully. His attitude is though generally first rate and Klopp is a fan and I can see why.

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"Can you buy a player as good as KDH for 30m" is a very different question to "can you convince a player as good as KDH to come to the Championship?"

The fee is irrelevant if we can't get a quality replacement. It's taken us ages to get one in Casadei and he's a loan. 

We aren't selling Dewsbury Hall. Might as well lock this thread. It straight up isn't happening. 

I agree this isn’t happening and I think KDH is ok/pretty good, but for some on here he has become the messiah. He’s probably just about a 30 mill player maybe but that’s because he’s an academy product with time on the his contract and scored a brace first game. I don’t think he quite has the quality everyone seems to think,  JWP has just gone for 30 mill and he has delivered for seasons in the prem. regardless, this will never happen and if they did bid it would be no where near 30 mill, so I’d keep. 

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

I agree this isn’t happening and I think KDH is ok/pretty good, but for some on here he has become the messiah. He’s probably just about a 30 mill player maybe but that’s because he’s an academy product with time on the his contract and scored a brace first game. I don’t think he quite has the quality everyone seems to think,  JWP has just gone for 30 mill and he has delivered for seasons in the prem. regardless, this will never happen and if they did bid it would be no where near 30 mill, so I’d keep. 

My counter argument to this would be that it's people trying to be deliberately contrary in response that are being flippant about him leaving and want to see us cash in. 

I agree he's a little over rated on here, he always has been and always will be. He's got the double FoxesTalk whammy of being both our academy graduate AND a white boy that runs around a lot. We love that on here. 

But just because he's a bit over rated that doesn't mean he isn't good. Almost every neutral pundit has him tipped as their prediction for League player of the season and it's not because of hype, it's because of moments like Cov where he pretty much just put the team on his back and pulled out a win near single handed (as much as any game of football can be won by an individual.)

Is he good enough for Liverpool? Probably not. But he's far too good for the Championship and we've got him contracted for four years. Letting him go would be batshit insane. 

It 100% isn't happening unless we receive a frankly ludicrous fee and we won't.

• Like 1

At this point in our development and in the window, with the team built with KDH at the heart, unless it’s 65+ its not worth it for me.

If we sold him we’d just get mugged of ourselves. Happens every time, eveyone knows you’ve got bank and just add an extra 10 million.

We’re going to have a top season and he’s get 20+ G/A, his value will hold due to his 2027 contract. Hate Liverpool aswell. The most sensitive fan base and they really hate us for some reason. Klopp your a cheat and I hope Liverpool get relegated. 

Edited by Levi Port

Some people on this forum seem to seriously undervalue our players the market has completely changed even compared to where it was a coue of years ago. £60 million is just average for a top half prem player now and this shows when players from relegated teams are being bought for this much. 

I today's market could we get someone as good as KDH for 30-40 m no I'm not sure we could 

KDH is worth at least 60 m to us and the position we are in at the moment

That being said we shouldn't even be considering selling him this season

19 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We have lost 75% of midfield talent already. This would be a real mistake. He is integral to the bounce straight back we need. The amount offered is almost insignificant. As the money in the bank doesn't necessarily equate to talent on the park. I for one would be quite demoralised if we sell him. As it doesn't marry with project promotion. 

...what if we could complete the permanent transfer of Oscar Bobb!!!

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My counter argument to this would be that it's people trying to be deliberately contrary in response that are being flippant about him leaving and want to see us cash in. 

I agree he's a little over rated on here, he always has been and always will be. He's got the double FoxesTalk whammy of being both our academy graduate AND a white boy that runs around a lot. We love that on here. 

But just because he's a bit over rated that doesn't mean he isn't good. Almost every neutral pundit has him tipped as their prediction for League player of the season and it's not because of hype, it's because of moments like Cov where he pretty much just put the team on his back and pulled out a win near single handed (as much as any game of football can be won by an individual.)

Is he good enough for Liverpool? Probably not. But he's far too good for the Championship and we've got him contracted for four years. Letting him go would be batshit insane. 

It 100% isn't happening unless we receive a frankly ludicrous fee and we won't.

Yeah I would go with this seems like a fair overview of our situation. 👍

He's not going anywhere but some of you lot should give ya heads a wobble at underselling him. 

He's a star player, long contract, we don't want to sell. 

Nominal value is not the price in this situation. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

He's not going anywhere but some of you lot should give ya heads a wobble at underselling him. 

He's a star player, long contract, we don't want to sell. 

Nominal value is not the price in this situation. 

Hes the future of this club for the next few season.

Club Captain material.

It takes long enough for our sh1t recruitment team to actually unearth a gem from all the sh1t we get so selling KDH and spending £150 million on 7 crap signings to replace him is futile.