Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nothing to do with this thread or anything in particular, but how would you classify Blaby? Wigston? Groby? Anstey? Thurmaston? Syston? Oadby? - all part of urban Leicester ...City or County?

Thurmaston, Wigston, Oadby -City
Syston, Groby, Anstey - County

Blaby is more difficult.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nothing to do with this thread or anything in particular, but how would you classify Blaby? Wigston? Groby? Anstey? Thurmaston? Syston? Oadby? - all part of urban Leicester ...City or County?

I was born and bred in Rutland?  would I need a passport to go to Leicester, not aimed at you but the poster referring  to people from Leicestershire lol.

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Easy solution when the city work place parking charges come in.

Then that boundary is the city, outside of that your plastic. Simples

I’m not sure whether I should comment on my place of birth or talk about Mads’ amazingly high ceiling?

What I do love about him is that like all very good players is the way they carry themselves….love his swagger and confidence on the pitch, he’s only 23 too which for a keeper is still a “hot prospect” in terms of peak age 🙌🏻

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

Thurmaston, Wigston, Oadby -City
Syston, Groby, Anstey - County

Blaby is more difficult.

It's pretty easy really as we have city boundaries. They are all county.

Oadby and Wigston are in the "Oadby and Wigston" district and Blaby is in "Blaby District". Thurmaston is in "Charnwood District".

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I was born in Hertford and moved here when I was 18 months old…. Do I need hand my season ticket in? 😞 

Depends, if your 90+ years old now, we'll let you keep it as a good will gesture.

Edited by v6rat
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

So why did you say they were city?

What the original poster was inferring to without considering municipal arrangements: as Leicester is ever expanding, are those on the border of the city merging their identity with the city, or county. Well this is certainly how I took the question asked.

14 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, but they were only deveopment loans. So I wasn't counting them.

15 hours ago, westernpark said:

As someone born in Leicester(not Leicestershire), and always lived in the city I don’t consider himself one of our own. However, I understand those who have not lived in this great city, to think differently. 

He’s a committed player on the pitch and we desperately need him to start every game in this division.

My opinion on him not being one of Leicester’s own (Nottingham born), is not a criticism of his ability in the Championship. 

There's some ****ing weird people on here

• Like 4