Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

Its mental so many games he has held this level! 23 years old, only goal this season I would say was on him, was against Blackburn. All others had been deflections, nearby headers and a worldie from Ramsey! So few mistakes, eventhough he has so many touches! World class!

32 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

This guy is quietly helping us to win games.  Kept us at 1-0 and 3-1 when faes went walkies and winks slipped

He could walk into some of the top premier League teams. Let's hope nobody is watching him!

I mean Man City were already watching him, that’s why he was Enzo’s number 1 target. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Literally the one stat on there that you can half rate a keeper on is save % in which he rates as 2nd lol

That is one of the worst articles I've ever read.

Go into advanced stats and he's 5th for PSxG +/- (i.e. has the 5th best difference between goals conceded and expected goals conceded from the shots he's faced, conceding 2.8 less goals so far than expected from the chances we've given up). I'd say that article is a new low in the abuse of stats but they don't even apply stats, just looked at a list of goalkeepers in the division.

On 01/01/2024 at 19:13, DennisNedry said:

Excellent save just before the Huddersfield goal.

I think his weakness (similar to Kasper) is perhaps dealing with being crowded when the opposition crosses the ball at set pieces.

I can see him being with us for years to come.

Sadly, I can’t. 

He’ll be at a team competing in European competitions after the next two seasons. 

He’s everything elite clubs want in a goalkeeper these days and he’s only going to improve. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Sadly, I can’t. 

He’ll be at a team competing in European competitions after the next two seasons. 

He’s everything elite clubs want in a goalkeeper these days and he’s only going to improve. 

Which is fine as long as he goes for a decent fee, I think we have to be pragmatic about going back to developing players and sale them one big sell a season.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Which is fine as long as he goes for a decent fee, I think we have to be pragmatic about going back to developing players and sale them one big sell a season.

He’s young for a GK,so no reason he should move for 1-3 seasons..

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

It works when the scouting team and whoever is in charge of incoming transfers is up to the job, but our recent history, its a risky endeavour and the keeper in a team is perhaps the one spot you want to keep stable.

I also think doing it after only 2 years is too short.

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He’s young for a GK,so no reason he should move for 1-3 seasons..

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

It works when the scouting team and whoever is in charge of incoming transfers is up to the job, but our recent history, its a risky endeavour and the keeper in a team is perhaps the one spot you want to keep stable.

I also think doing it after only 2 years is too short.

It will be down to whether he will sign contact extension, he signed on a 5 year deal in the summer. 

So two season in the PL assuming we go up and stay up he will have 2 years left.

Personally I'd be thinking of offering him an extension this summer or next.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...