Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

On 10/12/2023 at 21:25, Clever Fox said:

He's been exceptional for one so young and our best signing for a while. 

It's his concentration levels are so high, coupled with his reading of situations that gives him the edge.

The way he flung himself into smothering the Ball and player to stop them from scoring was brave and effective.

I just hope we can hold onto him for a longtime because I can see him being chased by the big clubs before the season is over.

Chelsea or Manchester United for £70m incoming …..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sly said:

7 hours ago, Sly said:

Yes I could definitely see either of those come in for him along with Maybe Newcastle and Arsenal. All of which have Goal Keeper problems.

20 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I could definitely see either of those come in for him along with Maybe Newcastle and Arsenal. All of which have Goal Keeper problems.

The issue with all those clubs is not the keepers as such but the preoccupation with playing out from the back using sweeper keepers that is so fashionable and dominant at present. No matter how good the keeper mistakes are bound to happen.MH  has been a great signing and hopefully will continue to improve with experience. But the likes of Nick Pope Ramsdale and Raya are all top class too. I remember games against these sides at the king power when fans were wishing we had keepers like that. Personally I’m very happy with the current incumbent and hope that stays the case for a long time. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

The issue with all those clubs is not the keepers as such but the preoccupation with playing out from the back using sweeper keepers that is so fashionable and dominant at present. No matter how good the keeper mistakes are bound to happen.MH  has been a great signing and hopefully will continue to improve with experience. But the likes of Nick Pope Ramsdale and Raya are all top class too. I remember games against these sides at the king power when fans were wishing we had keepers like that. Personally I’m very happy with the current incumbent and hope that stays the case for a long time. 

Yes all very true Isn't that the nature of football and Fans. While the names mentioned are all very good keepers I think Mads is a notch higher and still learning and improving.

His concentration levels are off the charts for one so young and his reading of situations is rarely wrong. Of course he will make mistakes at sometime that goes with the job.

He makes it all look so easy which we all know it isn't. We just need to make sure we keep him.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes all very true Isn't that the nature of football and Fans. While the names mentioned are all very good keepers I think Mads is a notch higher and still learning and improving.

His concentration levels are off the charts for one so young and his reading of situations is rarely wrong. Of course he will make mistakes at sometime that goes with the job.

He makes it all look so easy which we all know it isn't. We just need to make sure we keep him.

All those keepers are top notch so you set a very high standard for young mads. He certainly has high potential. The main thing is he is a clearly better keeper than last years options was a great signing as you say. I get the same level of confidence from having him in goal as I did with Kasper and that makes me very content.

Just be very careful with those short balls. Our central defenders are not quick and our competitors are on to that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

All those keepers are top notch so you set a very high standard for young mads. He certainly has high potential. The main thing is he is a clearly better keeper than last years options was a great signing as you say. I get the same level of confidence from having him in goal as I did with Kasper and that makes me very content.

Just be very careful with those short balls. Our central defenders are not quick and our competitors are on to that. 

Yes, He has to learn how to mix it up. Otherwise he will be picked off with a short Ball. He nearly was with the ball to Winks 2 weeks ago.

I thought Iversen was a step up from Kasper but Mads is proving even better.

• Like 1

Be really interesting to see how he performs in the prem, quicker attackers more organised with the press - it will be a step up. 

It's hard to say he is ''champions league quality'' when he's played in the Championship and Brondby. He is 100% the most promising player on our books, let's not talk him up too much - the longer we can keep him under the radar the better.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What a signing he's been. Genuinely think we'd have stayed up with him in goal last season. He's got such a bright future in the game, hopefully that's with us

In fairness, I genuinely think we'd have stayed up with anyone other than Ward in goal.

But yeh, he's looking good & will only get better. Il be the first to admit, I'm a late joiner to the bandwagon though, I had my reservations.

Edited by adejo92

What’s the possibility we can offer him a new improved contract and tack on a hefty release clause (something rediculous to keep the big boys away).

Eventually he may become too good for us  if we as a team and club lose our ambition.

im confident he’ll be with us for a long while. Like kasper was.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2023 at 14:27, cruzFOX said:

What’s the possibility we can offer him a new improved contract and tack on a hefty release clause (something rediculous to keep the big boys away).

Eventually he may become too good for us  if we as a team and club lose our ambition.

im confident he’ll be with us for a long while. Like kasper was.

I'm more than confident he'll take to the Premiership just as easily as he's taken to the Championship.

He's such a talented Boy.

I'd love the Club to secure him here for the next 5 years with a new Contract.

Then build the New Premiership team from Him up through Winks, KDH , NDiddi etc. 

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm more than confident he'll take to the Premiership just as easily as he's taken to the Championship.

Then build the New Premiership team from Him up through Winks, KDH , NDiddi etc. 

He's so good on pitch we could build a team around him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

take out kDH and you have a valid point.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, westernpark said:

take out kDH and you have a valid point.

I'm wasn't his biggest Fan either, But he has clearly worked hard and got a lot better this season, And his Goals have been crucial this season.

He clearly continuing to improve under Enzo's Coaching and I don't see him going anywhere now only upwards in his career.

Good luck to him he's one of our own.

• Like 1