Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

29 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm wasn't his biggest Fan either, But he has clearly worked hard and got a lot better this season, And his Goals have been crucial this season.

He clearly continuing to improve under Enzo's Coaching and I don't see him going anywhere now only upwards in his career.

Good luck to him he's one of our own.

He’s not one of our own, but has been near excellent this season. However, I don’t think he’s a Premier League player.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Haters got to hate.

Whilst this is undoubtedly true it is also true that KDH has performed quite strangely this season. Some games he has been quite poor and yet weighed in with a goal or assist. His stats are good, but watching him it sometimes seems like he’s not actually in the game or influencing the game at all. Odd because he has the ability and he has end product. Hope you know what I mean. 

26 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He’s not one of our own, but has been near excellent this season. However, I don’t think he’s a Premier League player.

I don't think he's ever played for anyone else only Leicester since being a junior player.

He's already proved that he can play in the Premiership, Next season if we go up I expect him to be even better.

He's still developing under Enzo so he will continue to grow in confidence and show further improvement.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't think he's ever played for anyone else only Leicester since being a junior player.

He's already proved that he can play in the Premiership, Next season if we go up I expect him to be even better.

He's still developing under Enzo so he will continue to grow in confidence and show further improvement.

Let’s hope so!

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Apart from half a season at Blackpool and a full season at Luton, winning 4 awards lol 

KDH has spent his whole adult life with Leicester City, of course he's one of our own.

Also, like with every player, even in the prem, there's room for improvement but he's definitely prem quality imo.

I think his biggest negative is how one footed he is. He's not old, but I do wonder at this age how much he can be coached to be strong on his weak foot.

Either way, great asset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

As someone born in Leicester(not Leicestershire), and always lived in the city I don’t consider himself one of our own. However, I understand those who have not lived in this great city, to think differently. 

He’s a committed player on the pitch and we desperately need him to start every game in this division.

My opinion on him not being one of Leicester’s own (Nottingham born), is not a criticism of his ability in the Championship. 

Would you class Harvey Barnes as “one of our own” out of interest?

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

As someone born in Leicester(not Leicestershire), and always lived in the city I don’t consider himself one of our own. However, I understand those who have not lived in this great city, to think differently. 

He’s a committed player on the pitch and we desperately need him to start every game in this division.

My opinion on him not being one of Leicester’s own (Nottingham born), is not a criticism of his ability in the Championship. 

Oh no. As someone from Leicestershire and not the city of Leicester, does this mean I have to find a new team to support then?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Oh no. As someone from Leicestershire and not the city of Leicester, does this mean I have to find a new team to support then?

Well it’s up to you who you support, I just have never bought into KDH being one of our own. Other people may of course, which is fine! It’s all dependent on how you identify with things and that’s a personal preference. He’s a good player for us nonetheless and is a great academy product.

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

You've just ruled out Liam Moore and as already mentioned Harvey Barnes.

Maybe we just need to sing "not quite one of our own" to clarify that coming through the academy from any age doesn't meet the required criteria.

Also 

"However, I understand those who have not lived in this great city, to think differently"

Surely you mean born or anyone who has lived in Leicester qualifies.

:whistle:

1 minute ago, Motty said:

You've just ruled out Liam Moore and as already mentioned Harvey Barnes.

Maybe we just need to sing "not quite one of our own" to clarify that coming through the academy from any age doesn't meet the required criteria.

Also 

"However, I understand those who have not lived in this great city, to think differently"

Surely you mean born or anyone who has lived in Leicester qualifies.

:whistle:

Well yes, it’s all about opinions. We take the recent great TIFO by UFS, meet me at the clock tower is a Leicester thing but people from the county may have also done and said that. However, I think living in Leicester is the qualifier for me, someone like Lineker or Matt Piper(although an Arsenal fan) perhaps! A lot of people from the county are born in the LRI. I have lived in Leicester all my life but going to school in the county made me realise how different people’s identities are. The reason I always say this about KDH, is that people assume because he runs a lot it’s because he magically cares about the club more than others who don’t, I don’t see it that way, it’s his style of play and his engine is an outstanding part of it. He may care more or less about the club than others, but we shouldn’t use his running as an indicator of this.

55 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Well it’s up to you who you support, I just have never bought into KDH being one of our own. Other people may of course, which is fine! It’s all dependent on how you identify with things and that’s a personal preference. He’s a good player for us nonetheless and is a great academy product.

Sorry but your post I responded to is utter bull.

I have never connected your name/account with bad posts so you are probably a decent contributor overall but your view on this is way off! You have some sort of superiority complex over people who don’t live in the city basically? What do you think our support would be if it was limited just to people who live within the city boundaries? Probably League 1 attendances at best. 

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Sorry but your post I responded to is utter bull.

I have never connected your name/account with bad posts so you are probably a decent contributor overall but your view on this is way off! You have some sort of superiority complex over people who don’t live in the city basically? What do you think our support would be if it was limited just to people who live within the city boundaries? Probably League 1 attendances at best. 

I didn’t say that, I just said it’s up to you who you support. Of course we need the county support but I don’t connect people who are from Leicestershire as being from Leicester, I’m trying to make the point that the areas are incredibly different. We have a catchment of the city, county, Rutland up to Peterborough even, parts of Northants. I just don’t identify with someone from the county as being one of Leicester’s own! You support who you support, a lot of people have great stories as to why they are Leicester fans, and they’ve not even been to the city!

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I didn’t say that, I just said it’s up to you who you support. Of course we need the county support but I don’t connect people who are from Leicestershire as being from Leicester, I’m trying to make the point that the areas are incredibly different. We have a catchment of the city, county, Rutland up to Peterborough even, parts of Northants. I just don’t identify with someone from the county as being one of Leicester’s own! You support who you support, a lot of people have great stories as to why they are Leicester fans, and they’ve not even been to the city!

Nothing to do with this thread or anything in particular, but how would you classify Blaby? Wigston? Groby? Anstey? Thurmaston? Syston? Oadby? - all part of urban Leicester ...City or County?