Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

Also had a decent save between our first 2 goals. Though I would have been dissapointed with him, if he had let that in. His passing was great yesterday too. Even as a Dane, I actually stunned at how good he is and how big his potential is. What a bargain. :wub:

• Like 4

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Has he been linked with Liverpool then?

No but a few people suggested that if he continues performing at the level he is, Man C and Liverpool could look at him when they are ready to move on from Ederson and Allison

Just now, jayfox26 said:

No but a few people suggested that if he continues performing at the level he is, Man C and Liverpool could look at him when they are ready to move on from Ederson and Allison

Phew! I think he’s destined for the top, but I think a good few years with us in PL will do him no harm at all! 

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Phew! I think he’s destined for the top, but I think a good few years with us in PL will do him no harm at all! 

Yeh absolutely. They won't be moving on from Ederson and Allison for another few years yet. I still think Allison is really dodgy personally but the general consensus from the football world is hes the best in the world. Never seen it personally but it could be because I always focus on all the fck ups he makes rather than the good stuff he does. 

23 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

This won't happen without at least 1-2 season behind him in the PL.  Next season (assuming we are up) will be a very difficult season for him.

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This won't happen without at least 1-2 season behind him in the PL.  Next season (assuming we are up) will be a very difficult season for him.

Hence why I said, when they are ready to move on Ederson and Allison. Won't be for a few years and yes Mads would need to prove himself in the prem first 

If he shines in the Premier League for us, which is more likely than not, then the big boys will absolutely come sniffing. 

We are still an ambitious club ourselves though, and so it would rightly take a huge offer to take him off us. 

He is absolutely class, and right up there with signing of the season, along with Winks.

11 hours ago, STUHILL said:

If he shines in the Premier League for us, which is more likely than not, then the big boys will absolutely come sniffing. 

We are still an ambitious club ourselves though, and so it would rightly take a huge offer to take him off us. 

He is absolutely class, and right up there with signing of the season, along with Winks.

You have to ask why would they come sniffing to us but not to other successful clubs for their keepers?

We are an easy target for poaching.

Edited by Chrysalis

But is the difference really that big for a keeper? He’ll face more shots and better players, but we already know that he’s a great shot stopper - a great save is a great save no matter what. I’d imagine that his position is the one that requires the least adaptation.

• Like 1

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves with Mads. He’s undoubtedly been at the heart of the transformation in our play and shown himself to be calm, skilled and a good shot-stopper. But at no point this season has he come under the extreme pressure he will do next season, (all being well), with tidal waves of attacks, better and more challenging crosses into his space, bigger, stronger and more athletic strikers etc etc. Let’s give him a chance to grow into that level before setting him up on this particular pedestal? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves with Mads. He’s undoubtedly been at the heart of the transformation in our play and shown himself to be calm, skilled and a good shot-stopper. But at no point this season has he come under the extreme pressure he will do next season, (all being well), with tidal waves of attacks, better and more challenging crosses into his space, bigger, stronger and more athletic strikers etc etc. Let’s give him a chance to grow into that level before setting him up on this particular pedestal? 

This, I agree with. He is only 23 as well, and it's a good way to build if/when we get to the prem his know-how on the English game. He needs to be stronger when crosses come in, but and in all he has been a massive improvement to what we had. 

He has the potential, but the proof will be in the pudding when he plays at a higher level. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

He is absolutely class. We’ll

lose him as soon as the big boys need a keeper. Utd probably do. 

Not worried. Danny Ward will still be here for a few years yet.

On 05/02/2024 at 07:17, TrentFox said:

Behave, he is the best goalkeeper ever. I’ll hear nothing else of it. 

• Haha 1