Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

59 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

OK one goal then. My argument is in shambles.../s

He's literally the best ball playing goalkeeper in the club's history. I wonder what it would take for you to trust him lol

I can't account for what others have said, I've just said that I am not on board with all the hype yet & that his distribution is questionable at times.

To the contrary,  I have said that he is young and there's scope for plenty of development.

I've not called for his head or doubted that he's not one of the best keepers in the league, but let's not pretend that his distribution wouldn't have been punished more if we were playing against top attackers.

But yeh, I rate him overall so I'm not getting embroiled in an argument that doesn't exist.

• Like 1

Hermansen is the only player on the pitch who is expected by fans to have a 100% pass success rate. Every player on the pitch gives the ball away, unfortunately for Mads this usually leads to a big opportunity but hasn't actually cost us goals too much, but this might not be the case if we go up. 

Needs to find a way of getting an out ball to the number 8s, but that's down to them to find appropriate space and have a touch to receive it. Not either of their strongest points. 

Kept us in it really. Don't know what happened after we scored but we were having all sorts of problems at the back - Faes was visibly annoyed at Mavididi & Vesty and different points. Mads earned the cleansheet with 3 or more decent 1on1 saves.

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Great keeper I agree, but I’m sure Danny Ward might have also had a good chance of saving them shots 🙈

We'd be preparing for yet another relegation scrap had we had Ward in the nets. Hermansen has been an incredible signing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

You miss my point. I agreed that he’s a great keeper. Ward is shite. My point was that Plymouth were abysmal and their shots weren’t very good.

Fair enough. Seeing Danny Ward's name still triggers me for some reason. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Best signing by any club in the Championship this season.

• Great shot stopper
  • Brilliant with his feet
  • Incredible distribution
  • Claims crosses from corners and open play
  • Incredible centre-half impression
  • Generally excellent decision-making

Who's been better than him? For any club? Maybe there are some, but I can't think of too many. Yeah he has made some mistakes, but he's played almost 20 games now and hasn't had a clanger yet. The scouting team deserves credit for this one!

100% agree, I think he goes massively under the radar as well when people talk about us, hardly ever gets a mention. Probably our most important player 

Edited by VictorFox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Best signing by any club in the Championship this season.

• Great shot stopper
  • Brilliant with his feet
  • Incredible distribution
  • Claims crosses from corners and open play
  • Incredible centre-half impression
  • Generally excellent decision-making

Who's been better than him? For any club? Maybe there are some, but I can't think of too many. Yeah he has made some mistakes, but he's played almost 20 games now and hasn't had a clanger yet. The scouting team deserves credit for this one!

Courageous without recklessness ( that second save yesterday) . Great scouting . He looks to be heading to the top 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

You miss my point. I agreed that he’s a great keeper. Ward is shite. My point was that Plymouth were abysmal and their shots weren’t very good.

Shit shots or not, the keeper does need to be standing somewhere vaguely between the ball and the goal to stop them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 07/12/2023 at 11:50, RowlattsFox said:

Hermansen is the only player on the pitch who is expected by fans to have a 100% pass success rate. Every player on the pitch gives the ball away, unfortunately for Mads this usually leads to a big opportunity but hasn't actually cost us goals too much, but this might not be the case if we go up. 

Needs to find a way of getting an out ball to the number 8s, but that's down to them to find appropriate space and have a touch to receive it. Not either of their strongest points. 

Its sadly how players get judged.

Keepers tend to get treated harshly as they are last in line, same with forward players at other end of pitch, whilst midfielders are the least blamed players.

I think we will inevitably have a disaster moment at some point, but I wont be blaming Mads for it, he is doing as instructed by his manager, and so far doing a pretty good job of it.

28 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Its sadly how players get judged.

Keepers tend to get treated harshly as they are last in line, same with forward players at other end of pitch, whilst midfielders are the least blamed players.

I think we will inevitably have a disaster moment at some point, but I wont be blaming Mads for it, he is doing as instructed by his manager, and so far doing a pretty good job of it.

That's true...Wellens never got blamed for anything!

• Haha 2

He's been exceptional for one so young and our best signing for a while. 

It's his concentration levels are so high, coupled with his reading of situations that gives him the edge.

The way he flung himself into smothering the Ball and player to stop them from scoring was brave and effective.

I just hope we can hold onto him for a longtime because I can see him being chased by the big clubs before the season is over.

On 10/12/2023 at 21:07, weller54 said:

That's true...Wellens never got blamed for anything!

Thats false, as I never said never.

Try to avoid thinking in black and white.

Think of all those goals conceded last year where FT was blaming defenders for mistakes when the start of the moves were further up the pitch.

Likewise blaming a penalty taker for not winning a game, ignoring the rest of the match.

• Haha 1