Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

He felt that he hasn't settled within the team, particularly after the managerial change.

Felt excluded and treated differently to others.

He's young. That video footage after the Villa showed he is a sensitive soul. We definitely had clique issues with Madders and his 'crew' and i am presuming Dean Smith had to work with what he saw in a very small time frame, which likely meant buddying up with Madders rather than pushing him out. I think its very likely Victor felt that that way. I get he might not fit the plans, but i think hes a talent and I bet our England team meet him playing for Denmark in the next few years and he gives us a very hard time.

• Like 4

He's been here two minutes really and was involved in the squad that got relegated. He showed glimpses of talent, but didn't particularly pull up any trees. I certainly won't be sad if the club think it's best for him to move on. 

• Like 1

Shame to let him go, perhaps isn’t happy here. I would imagine he is the sort of player that would be eager to learn and buy into what the coach is wanting to do. Shame there is an option however If they paid it he would go down as their third highest signing so doubt they will pay that. I fee he has more potential than Thomas but both would be behind Justin anyway and I reckon when castagne and souttar go we probably bring in another who can cover thet Doyle role 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, when certain other bigger names seemed unable to turn up and fight, he, having just arrived and thrown into at the deep end gave it his best.

I wish him well and strangely think him a better long term prospect than Thomas or JJ. Having systems is fine but flexibility is always important too. Rodgers had a strict system and it was crap. If Enzo's is the 'Manchester City ' system, you're never going to beat them without Manchester City quality players. Surely the best system is the system designed to get the best you can out of the players you actually have commensurate with their limited skills, not try to be a cheap copy of someone else. We'll just have to wait and see. 

Agree. I've always leaned towards managers (with us and elsewhere) that can work with what they've got and make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. 

I find this balls deep approach extremely risky. I agree with it. If you buy into a manager's theory you have to back it. But I doubt whether I'd have bought into it in the first place. This group have players could get promotion on their own. We don't need to reinvent the wheel. And it has to be said, we've won all three so far in spite of the manager's tactics. Not because of them.

Anyways, back to point. To jettison a decent young player of our own in favour of a loanee, who we  are fluffing for another club and we'll never see again after May, is troubling

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Get Kramaric vibes from this one 

Anyway, likeable lad and I hope, for his sake, that my vibe feelings are right!

...it always seems he was at odds with the other players!!!

Lots of shouting matches with players on pitch, you wondered what the feeling was like in the dressing room. He is not a shrinking violet and gives as good as he gets, I always wondered if his initial introduction to the team came across as brash and outspoken.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it always seems he was at odds with the other players!!!

Lots of shouting matches with players on pitch, you wondered what the feeling was like in the dressing room. He is not a shrinking violet and gives as good as he gets, I always wondered if his initial introduction to the team came across as brash and outspoken.

I don’t think that is necessarily a bad thing at all as long as it is well placed. What I did t like so much were the misplaced passes and poor reading of the game in later games. I think he was trying too hard. There is definitely a player in there and I would keep him if it weren’t for his wages. Things may change if we can offload Bertrand. 

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

I don’t think that is necessarily a bad thing at all as long as it is well placed. What I did t like so much were the misplaced passes and poor reading of the game in later games. I think he was trying too hard. There is definitely a player in there and I would keep him if it weren’t for his wages. Things may change if we can offload Bertrand. 

...am I missing something here, I thought we had released him as his contract expired at the end of June 2023!!!

• Haha 2

Maybe Maresca justs wants to go out on loan for a year in Italy, so he can develop and learn as he thinks he not just ready for the game here as he's only 20.

Could be he'll come back in a year or two from a loan experience and get back in the Leicester team, better prepared.....just wondering 🤔

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Maybe Maresca justs wants to go out on loan for a year in Italy, so he can develop and learn as he thinks he not just ready for the game here as he's only 20.

Could be he'll come back in a year or two from a loan experience and get back in the Leicester team, better prepared.....just wondering 🤔

But if we give an option to buy, that’s out of our hands. Unless we think they won’t be able to afford it anyway.

• Like 1

But if we give an option to buy, that’s out of our hands. Unless we think they won’t be able to afford it anyway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlackFox said:

Totally agree. Doyle is  good but he is not gonna be here next season. On top of that,  VK is much better player IMO,  higher potential and he's much more technical and physical. Maresca made a bad one here, sorry but after Rodgers I'm having hard a time accepting dodgy decisions from managers, cause in the long run they're proven to be bad one. In a few  years he'll be playing CL football. We'll manage without him and probably be back playing in the PL next season, but really sad to see him leave. 

I’ll have a £20 charity bet with you that we sign Doyle for around £10-£12m next summer regardless of whether we get promoted or not.

What you say?

16 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ll have a £20 charity bet with you that we sign Doyle for around £10-£12m next summer regardless of whether we get promoted or not.

What you say?

Man City will sell him for more than that. We probably would have signed him on a permanent for that much this summer.

6 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Don't think he settled and dont think other players took to him.

Yeah, I do not think they liked being told to shift their arses along instead of playing Brendans brand of tippy tappy go nowhere bore ball.

• Like 1

• Like 1