Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

45 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Wonder how glover feels seeing his signings being sidelined 

If he has brought in what Rodgers wanted, then he did his job I suppose. But it’ll be interesting to see, if he sees out his contract?

Edited by Kinowe Soorie

8 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Wonder how glover feels seeing his signings being sidelined 

Doubt he's fussed. The player was bought during a completely different time, with different needs under a different coach.

Things like that will always happen when you make drastic changes to the coaching structure and our tactics. VK was also recruited with resale value in mind.

Edited by LFox99

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He doesn't fit into the new system and won't be first choice. Still coulb become a very good player / full back, but we don't play that way.

What I take from this is how far behind we are from Brighton in terms of the way the club is managed. They know that when you change manager, the last thing you want is such a stylistic change that your assets (players) are no longer valuable to that manager. But that is exactly what is happening here.

The worry for me is when Maresca leaves, be it fired or hired by someone else, are we going to have a squad that a new manager can't use? Because unfortunately it seems likely that will be the way.

I've been thinking similar. We've been removing players who don't fit or play in the system Enzo wants, but majority of them will be able to fit effectively into another system.

However, chucking out all these fullbacks who don't fit into the ability to merge into CB or CM does worry me. Should Enzo leave or we need a change in system/style we'll be leaving ourselves in a pretty difficult position. 

• Like 2

Sorry but we need the money in to get new signings in, so I welcome his transfer.

Shame it didn't work out but in reality it was not the sort of signing we needed in a relegation battle.

Best of luck to the lad, had a personality that I admire in a footballer, someone that genuinely really wants to win games feels rare these days.

If we're committing to sacking off our full backs then we best be confident that we're going to give Enzo the tools he requires and believe this is the way they want the club to play.

Just now, Simmo86 said:

In what way? As in he's a bit of **** or too quiet?

He's on a different wavelength to your average British football. A degree in political science. Likes architecture. 

Comes from the right place of wanting to win but dragged down a bit by the culture that existed last season. 

• Like 4

I like him and think he would have been a good option for us to keep to compete with Doyle; decent left sided defenders are not easy to find. But we need to trim the squad (currently have a first team squad of 33 players) so if another club wants someone who is not a regular starter then we have to get rid, even if there are plenty of out of favour players still here that I'd rather see leave more than Kristiansen eg Daka, Castagne, Soumaré, Thomas, Ward. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Best of luck to the lad, had a personality that I admire in a footballer, someone that genuinely really wants to win games feels rare these days.

If we're committing to sacking off our full backs then we best be confident that we're going to give Enzo the tools he requires and believe this is the way they want the club to play.

Be interesting what hes going to do if the system gets found out and has to revert to 4 at the back with traditional fullbacks. Not sure itd be wise relying on injury prone Ricardo and Justin for that..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

He's on a different wavelength to your average British football. A degree in political science. Likes architecture. 

Comes from the right place of wanting to win but dragged down a bit by the culture that existed last season. 

Just British football? Not sure but would be interested to see how many top flight footballers these days get a degree, let alone one that’s not football/business management related?

Kristiensen would have been a perfect Nigel Pearson signing. Young, hungry, strong, great engine and can tackle and likes to get forward... But Maresca? He's really trying to take us into the  'modern game' isnt he? He wants that and technical ability too,. and lots of it.

Maresca is setting the bar very high for himself and i love it - its  winning/ champions mentality..

Rome wasnt built in a day...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

So we can’t sign anyone without selling and we can’t sell anyone without signing anyone? Makes sense. 

Why am I getting images of Rudkin at his office desk with a pencil and paper, trying to solve this exact conundrum? 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

He will love Bologna then.

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Why am I getting images of Rudkin at his office desk with a pencil and paper, trying to solve this exact conundrum? 

No Mate, ive just  seen him at Tescos on the drinks isle. He's trying to work out if its  cheaper to get the 2 liter bottle of Coke or 12 cans of the Tesco own brand cola.. He's definitely thinking hard over this one...

• Haha 1